+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sab PVE Build

Plane Walker

Default Sab PVE Build

First of all are they any good anymore. I don't see too many post for them. My guild went into DD and 51rng/15mm just wasn't cutting it for ranged fights.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Ed0k0R.0VMcxcb

I had to concoct this last night for Scarn. Not sure how effective it was but we downed him. What is the most effective sab build.

Quote Originally Posted by SvnStrSlm View Post
    First of all are they any good anymore. I don't see too many post for them. My guild went into DD and 51rng/15mm just wasn't cutting it for ranged fights.

I had to concoct this last night for Scarn. Not sure how effective it was but we downed him. What is the most effective sab build.
    2 points from Imp Blast Charge to 2/2 Melted Skin, 1 point from Time bomb to Carpet bombing (great for aoe spikes) and go melee.
    5 spike/5 shrapnel rotation.
    If under Bard/Chloro buff (-10(14)% cost) + Frag Bomb.

+ apply startattack to charge buttons (otherwise aa often stops)

690 dsp solo dummy
    780 dps dummy under bard buff
    850+ dps under raid buffs on solo target in real fight (not dummy =)

+ great AoE ! =)

(510 ap, 820 critrait, MH 32 dps)
    Last edited by ShnacK; 04-26-2011 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShnacK View Post
    2 points from Imp Blast Charge to 2/2 Melted Skin, 1 point from Time bomb to Carpet bombing (great for aoe spikes) and go melee.
    5 spike/5 shrapnel rotation.
    If under Bard/Chloro buff (-10(14)% cost) + Frag Bomb.

+ apply startattack to charge buttons (otherwise aa often stops)

690 dsp solo dummy
    780 dps dummy under bard buff
    850+ dps under raid buffs on solo target in real fight (not dummy =)

+ great AoE ! =)

(510 ap, 820 critrait, MH 32 dps)
    the sabos in my guild pull 1k dps raid buffed and they use 29dps weapons...
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Plane Touched
    Yes. Yes. No.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    With how basic the rotation is for melee sab, the differences that people see in DPS are more likely due to raid composition, Spotter's Orders/Entropic Veil/Archon buffs being up more or less often, etc. Although I'm sure there are plenty of people also doing lower DPS because they clip their last spike tick, or aren't good at avoiding mechanics while also DPSing, etc.

But yes, Sab/Sin/NB is a great build for just about any DPS situation. There are some that are slightly more optimal depending on the fight, but Incriminate is amazing and I hate not having it when I go Nightblade or any other spec.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    i doubt a lot that your sabos do 1k vs single target in raids, i need parsers to believe it but i think its impossible atm.
    Last edited by Ak1ra; 04-26-2011 at 09:04 AM.
    = Arkana. Rogue. Cloudborne =

Quote Originally Posted by Ak1ra View Post
    i doubt a lot that your sabos do 1k vs single target in raids, i need parsers to believe it but i think its impossible atm.
    Meh was screwing around on Warmaster last night and sustaining 1k just fine with 32sab 20sin 14nb. I had 2x whetstones but no cupcake, no dex pot, and we had a new mage in full blue gear as our archon so he probably wasn't increasing raid dps as well as a more experienced player would have. Also not weapon-switching or swapping enchant procs or anything like that.

I did 1300 single target DPS on some of the trash mobs with 450k health, which was weird.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by SvnStrSlm View Post

Yes there are good Sabo builds. They use 32-36 pts in Sabo and add some combination of the three "bonus" souls (15 pt NB, 18 pt BD, 20 pt Sin) to boost the Sabo abilities. Here are a couple of examples that I have been playing with:
    Sabo/NB/Sin - http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...z.V0xM.0VMcxcb
    Sabo/NB/BD - http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...z.V0xMo.VV0V0c

Opening rotation is:
    Spike Charge x 5
    Time Bomb
    Booby Trap
    Land Mine
    Incriminate
    Annih Bomb
    Frag Bomb
    Detonate
    Carpet Bomb
    Annih Bomb x 3
    Frag Bomb

Continuing rotation is:
    Time Bomb
    Spike Charge x 5
    Detonate
    Blast Charge x 5 if single target
    Shrapnel Charge x 5 if multi targets
    Detonate
    Last edited by dbmoreland; 04-26-2011 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dbmoreland View Post
    Yes there are good Sabo builds. They use 32-36 pts in Sabo and add some combination of the three "bonus" souls (15 pt NB, 18 pt BD, 20 pt Sin) to boost the Sabo abilities. Here are a couple of examples that I have been playing with:
    Sabo/NB/Sin - http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...z.V0xM.0VMcxcb
    Sabo/NB/BD - http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...z.V0xMo.VV0V0c

Opening rotation is:
    Spike Charge x 5
    Time Bomb
    Booby Trap
    Land Mine
    Incriminate
    Annih Bomb
    Frag Bomb
    Detonate
    Carpet Bomb
    Annih Bomb x 3
    Frag Bomb

Continuing rotation is:
    Time Bomb
    Spike Charge x 5
    Detonate
    Blast Charge x 5 if single target
    Shrapnel Charge x 5 if multi targets
    Detonate
    Bombs weren't worth the GCD in my previous testing, and I doubt anything has changed.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass View Post
    Bombs weren't worth the GCD in my previous testing, and I doubt anything has changed.
    Annhil Bomb is definitely worth it, Frag Bomb is debatable. Time bomb is not worth it at face value, but with it in the rotation I never clip the last spike charge tick, so in the end it becomes worth it. They key is to start out strong. The longer the fight the lower our overall DPS gets.

Spike and Shrapnel do more damage-per-energy than any of the bombs though, so you're actually better off just pausing for 1-2 seconds and not using any abilities until the spike DOT fades, unless you will hit 100 energy, in which case you should use something.

It's probably a difference of like .2% dps anyways. I just like justifying my stupidly simple rotation, I suppose.

Shadowlander

What about a rifstalker soul added to NB for survivability? At lvl 19 my survivability is poor if I don't watch my pulls. Solo I'm fine but in rifts I sometimes pull too much aggro. RS I intend to add to help my survival with heals from unspent combo points and dmg mitigation. I get 15% more dmg from stalker stance. In other games, living trumps more dps and dying for best experience and faster leveling. What does assissin bring to help you stay alive or the dps just so much better than rs soul?

Shadrir

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrir11 View Post
    What about a rifstalker soul added to NB for survivability? At lvl 19 my survivability is poor if I don't watch my pulls. Solo I'm fine but in rifts I sometimes pull too much aggro. RS I intend to add to help my survival with heals from unspent combo points and dmg mitigation. I get 15% more dmg from stalker stance. In other games, living trumps more dps and dying for best experience and faster leveling. What does assissin bring to help you stay alive or the dps just so much better than rs soul?

Shadrir
    What worked for me was to use the Ranger for the pet up through level 30. Put your primary points into Sabo and your "extras" into NB and use the Ranger soul for the pet. Once you get to level 32 and get the good trap and landmines then switch out Ranger for either Sin or BD and continue to boost your damage. Once I got trap and landmines I never missed the pet. The real trick is to have very good situational awareness. That is the strength of the Sabo. He prepares the battlefield for the fight he wants. Sure it takes a few extra seconds, but it is so worth it.

Shadowlander

Ahhh. I see. I don't really like pets so I have not tried ranger but now I see how u level. has anyone tried a sabo support spec for utility and dmg with NB as main for up close dps? Is the NB 31 soul better than the Sabo 31? at range dmg with a root looks sweet but land mines doing 800+dmg looks good to? Is the landmine cooldown on the same timer as the traps cooldown?

Soulwalker

Default @Dinadass

How are you spending your points in Sab? I have the same point distribution but am curious how you spend your 32 in sab.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast