+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pick apart my PVE DPS build

Plane Touched

Default Pick apart my PVE DPS build

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...R.xhtoqzVudR.V

This is a ranger / marksman / saboteur build, mainly focusing on marksman and putting enough points in ranger for pets, along with the dexterity bonus in the sab tree. It is also somewhat of a soloing build...I put 2 extra points in ranger to get the razorbeast which I'll only ever use when I'm leveling myself.

And I know the talent trees will change a bit soon, but a lot of things will remain the same.

RIFT Guide Writer

It is missing the DPS part of the intended purpose.

Plane Touched

One big flaw I didn't realize is that I only ended up with 37 points in marksman, which doesn't give me the "reduce energy cost by 50%" ability, whatever that's called...however, everything else seems pretty geared towards pure damage output, so I'm not sure what you mean here. Yes there are abilities that aren't directly related to damage, but I only put points in them after I had used up what appeared to be the direct dps increase stuff, and I only spent those points in order to unlock the important abilities in the tree.

I have no interest in a melee build...I played melee long enough to know that there are things that a ranged dps can do that a melee cannot, and it is NOT vice versa.
    Last edited by Malachi26; 04-26-2011 at 05:22 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi26 View Post
    One big flaw I didn't realize is that I only ended up with 37 points in marksman, which doesn't give me the "reduce energy cost by 50%" ability, whatever that's called...however, everything else seems pretty geared towards pure damage output, so I'm not sure what you mean here.
    I think he was getting at the fact that it's a Ranged build and generally Ranged Rogue builds don't do good dps.

Shadowlander

Sticking with the general intent of the build, I'd move things around like so:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...EbxoVzVhdR.0Vz

Though, your pet's still going to die. A lot. No hasten call either. (Edit: Suppose you could drop 2 from sin to keep the razorbeast if it doubles as a solo build.)
    Last edited by Gasoline; 04-26-2011 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    It is missing the DPS part of the intended purpose.
    Bingo! ..........
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Gasoline View Post
    Sticking with the general intent of the build, I'd move things around like so:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...EbxoVzVhdR.0Vz

Though, your pet's still going to die. A lot. No hasten call either. (Edit: Suppose you could drop 2 from sin to keep the razorbeast if it doubles as a solo build.)
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

In my PvE experiences, I haven't seen a big difference between 30 meters and 35 meters, and I often find myself closer to the target than that without any problems at all. 5 points in keen eye feels like a waste to me. And honestly, I thought piercing shot would have been a really nice-to-have thing, especially if it helps the entire group.
    Last edited by Malachi26; 04-26-2011 at 06:21 AM.

Shadowlander

AFAIK piercing shot doesn't stack with similar abilities a lot of the warrior tanking trees have. Dunno whether they generally use those abilities, but they have 'em. It's slightly more damage than your quick shot so some people incorporate them into their cp-gen macros. As far as the 40yd range goes, I find it invaluable on fights like Ereetu and Druhl, and in general if the tank has to reposition there's less risk of him running oor and having to throw down a new pedestal, but ymmv.

+ Reply to Thread