+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NB/Inf/MM build "Mage killer NIM"

Rift Chaser

Default NB/Inf/MM build "Mage killer NIM"

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...zMhzR.xb0R0f0x
    <a href="http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0Mifb.V0t0h.E0toVzMhzR.xb0R0f0x">Nightb lade (14) / Marksman (32) / Infiltrator (20)</a>
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...zMhzR.xb0R0f0x

Ok the idea is to maximize damage against all classes at range, most specifically caster targets, and minimizing magical damage while preventing casting to take place as much as possible.

I want to ensure perma stealth, quick reload to allow for the garanteed kill every 2 mins scenario.

The attacks used from the NB tree will be fiery spike, ebon terror, dark malody for combo points as they have good synergy with your MM attacks and do not require you be in melee range. You pick up the fire and death atunement to reduce the mage damage dealers damage "Pyro, lock, necro, dom" while gaining 25% static overal armor pen, around 21% overal damage increase on all abilities and 36% increase in overal combo gen abilities that use ranged weapon for base damage against all targets. 100% chance to interrupt casters ona 5 point strike "deadeye after strafe" and a purge to remove that pesky GoS at rank 3.

I think this is the most damage you can possibly get out of a MM build useing Quick Reload, allowing for the double strafe double deadeye, insta shot, garanteed crit on deadeye "bullseye" combo.

I will begin testing tonight!

Discuss.

Plane Touched

Some changes:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...z0hdR.xb0R0f0x

Drop Twilight force for Melted skin - 5% extra damage, should be up almost all the time.
    Drop Master Archer for Rapid Extraction - More CDs = more kills, lost damage should be more than made up for.

Looks like it could be interesting, let us know how it goes.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by del'Vhar View Post
    Some changes:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...z0hdR.xb0R0f0x

Drop Twilight force for Melted skin - 5% extra damage, should be up almost all the time.
    Drop Master Archer for Rapid Extraction - More CDs = more kills, lost damage should be more than made up for.

Looks like it could be interesting, let us know how it goes.
    Good idea I will try it.

I cannot due the R5 talents yet as Iam only about to get to R3 but if it is successful without "as the real idea is to have perma stealth, self cleans, trinket and coudy poison" the r5 stuff could absolutly break this spec for caster killing. Might be very good against warriors as well.

Rift Chaser

so far at only rank 2 I am killing r5 and 6 mage and clerics "non healer type", warriors and I absolutely destroy other rogue range specs! I get to target practice or The Enclave Guardian Reclaimer shard

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by DArksayian View Post
    so far at only rank 2 I am killing r5 and 6 mage and clerics "non healer type", warriors and I absolutely destroy other rogue range specs! I get to target practice or The Enclave Guardian Reclaimer shard
    I really like the MM mechanics and your build ideas are very cool, but I'm having trouble getting the burst rDPS out of my level 31 MM at present. Specifically I'm not sure I'm effectively using Hit&Run and Bull's Eye.

You mention the pt builders in your first email which are in the NB tree but I'm curious to get a bit more details about you play style.

Are you moving while hitting the mage or on a ped out of mage range?

Are you moving most of the time building with barb and 4xswift waiting for CDs on empower and deadeye?

When do you straff and crossfire? I'm running out of energy on these more often than I'd like to admit...

May experience so far with MM (level31) is the burst rDPS is just too weak to take down anything but another MM. I compare this to my warrior DPS build or cleric healing build and its like a totally different game. Definitely need MM tips.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by rprice View Post
    I really like the MM mechanics and your build ideas are very cool, but I'm having trouble getting the burst rDPS out of my level 31 MM at present. Specifically I'm not sure I'm effectively using Hit&Run and Bull's Eye.

You mention the pt builders in your first email which are in the NB tree but I'm curious to get a bit more details about you play style.

Are you moving most of the time building with barb and 4xswift waiting for CDs on empower and deadeye?

When do you straff and crossfire? I'm running out of energy on these more often than I'd like to admit...

May experience so far with MM (level31) is the burst rDPS is just too weak to take down anything but another MM. I compare this to my warrior DPS build or cleric healing build and its like a totally different game. Definitely need MM tips.
    well you are at the bottom of your bracket. I dont think going NB with MM at that level is really going to be effecient as you will not be able to have perma stealth, which is priority #1, and the best way to do that at that level is through Sin. I found the Sin/MM build to do incredible damage in that brackett but you will not have access to things like strafe.
    My build idea in this thread is based on being 50, as you have to be able to put 20 points in Inf to make it work. If you get spotted you can assure yourself a quick death. So at 30 I would go up and get perma stealth out of Sin and go 0 RS or Inf with the rest in MM. The problem is you waste some points in Sin because you have to invest in things you wont really use. You do have the option of goin 21 into sin and getting the second stun, blus malicious strike is pretty nice before a repelling shot to garantee some nice barbed shot ticks.

at 50, I move a lot, if I am on a solo mage I max range and pedistal him as he will likely be on that GoS and wont want to move. Typically I open with empowered shot,they will let me get off my first deadeye after a strafe, when they get hit with deadeye they realize they are actually in trouble, thats when you start barbed shotting them, as they are going to either move to close distance or try to escape, if they try to close bust rapid reload, strafe, bulls eye, hit and run, they will either stop to cast or be just outside melee, deadeye goes off and you have a dead mage typically.

If they have a healer you are going to die unless someone can take the healer out of the equation with CC. I find it best to watch them for a sec or two, wait for an assault as people will typically go for the healer first, and while the healer is healing him self through warrior or other mage damage, you strike the mage who has no clue you are there and is focusing the other attackers already, he may move sooner, so you have to be ready to start railing Barbed shots, pay close attention to his health and where he is. If he is running towards the healer he is likely trying to get into AOE heal range, you will have to hasted shot him and hope it gets you over the hump.

If you are on the move its pretty much the same thing, without a ped. it is a lot to manage to get MM working right, I have every ability bound to a key stroke on my keyboard. No macros, just reactions, and actions. it breaks down into 20 or 21 abilities bound to keys and used when they are best for you. It is not an easy class to play.

Rift Chaser

About the NB point builders,

They are 20 and 25 meter effective ranges. So they share a level of synergy with the MM build as it relies on ranged attacks. Fiery Spike, malody, ebon terror, lose hope, are all ranged attacks.

Rift Chaser

Default you do know that barbed shot stacks 5 times right

That is a healthy tick, so no I do not Barbed once swift 4, I swift shot to close distance to 20 meters when some one is runing away or when I need to escape, The only time I dont used barbed shot 5 times is when my target will not move. Strafe also gives 5 combo points

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by rprice View Post

Rogues in general do less damage than any other spec available. A warrior is ape **** nuts with single shot damage, so thhat get the most KB's and damage typically. Mages can be better, but they have to be focused healed to compete with a war.

The idea is decent, but hey! ever fought a mage in a warfront?

Stun+fulminate = you dead and mage at 99% hp
    "The universe is a machine where you have been placed, and like a machine the outcome can be known. Every battle has already been won or lost. All that is left is for you to choose your side."

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Angryorc View Post
    The idea is decent, but hey! ever fought a mage in a warfront?

Stun+fulminate = you dead and mage at 99% hp
    Stun is easaly trinketed out of, and the fulminate will just not land thanks to my cleans and immunity the immunity it provides to that fulminate. I quit crying about Pyros as soon as I put enough points into my Inf soul, to get said cleans. I would also look at the revised notes for the GoS on the 26th

PYROMANCER
    * Ground of Strength: Now increases all magical resistances by 125, armor by 70%, makes the mage immune to crowd control abilities, and reduces damage dealt by the mage by 10%. This ability no longer has a chance to proc a stun.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-11-Addition-1

Your auto stuns are gone on the 4th.

So, pyros are about to be MM fodder!

Rift Disciple

1. That build is not even possible. Knock Knock requires 5 points. The character builder on zam is wrong.
    2. That is not barbed shot stacking 5 times. The 5 is the number of seconds left on the debuff (which you keep reapplying).

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by DArksayian View Post
    Rogues in general do less damage than any other spec available. A warrior is ape **** nuts with single shot damage, so thhat get the most KB's and damage typically. Mages can be better, but they have to be focused healed to compete with a war.
    Anyone with skill in a class with a healer support can be nasty in PvP.
    Junostorm
    <Total Aggression> Gaming - TAG
    Defiant - Greybriar Shard

Koe

Any Anti-Mage build needs at least 12 BD. Preferably 26 NB too.

Telaran

Default DArksayian you rock!

Serious, DArksayian, thanks for the detailed feedback!

You mention some of the lows associated with the rogue souls which I can relate to as well as some of the situational issues that most forum "experts" tend to ignore.

BTW, I didn't know Barb stacked, so thanks again for the feedback. I got to put my warrior on hold and play the rogue more. definitely like the challenge of playing the rogue but it is definitely not an easy class.

Keep the posts coming!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast