+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Soloing Expert Bosses MM/RS/Bard

Soulwalker

Default Soloing Expert Bosses MM/RS/Bard

Hey guys dunno whether similar topic has been made or whether someone already tried to solo bosses in 5 man instances or not.

On our shard its somewhat hard to find a group due to low population (Imperium Guardian) and also if you get group there will be 2/3 rogues and LFG messages are mostly done by rogues stating "NO MORE ROUGE111" etc. when you already get a group and it disbands after few boss wipes it SUX and it might be actually faster to solo the boss than to try to find a new group :))

I have found out you can kite many bosses as a MM by an accident when I wanted to get killed by Ereetu in fall of LH to respawn and summon a grp member (remaining grp stayed behind the barrier) , pulled the Boss and for fun spamed (untalented) Swift Shot while running from him.. bit surprised he couldnt catch up, nor does he stop to cast anything as apparently he wants to tenderize his kill with melee or something :)) ... so from a suicide pull I simply strafed around him shooting swift shot and hasted shot finisher (they apparently stack) and killed him. (party members behind the barrier could loot)

Few days after we got to Runic Descent expert, very good group (24 wipes first boss) kited the second boss (big tree) from maybe 30% to 10% until tank got ressed and took agro again (so 100% this guy can be soloed very easily as his room is big without many obstacles)

after amazing 6 hours of progress our group (which already swaped 5 people meanwhile) disbanded on 4th boss (Atrophinius).

Because I was bored/angry/lootstarved I spent next 3 hours learning how to solo him.. his room is big, but there are ghosts respawning all around and it gets harder to kite boss + 2 ghosts. Besides when you LoS him / get too close, he starts to cast his AoE and kills you, he also has a leash(despawn) so he cannot be pulled to cleared instance part (e.g big tree room) BUT he can be pulled to Eliams room... A nice round area with just one stump so if you make sure you never hide from him behind this stump, you can easily put him to 50% just circling around.

At 50% he spawns 2 satyrs who will cast Kadence on you and kill you, if you do not outrange them fast (but you cannot run from boss too fast(porting) or he despawns) you need to run around the area from the satyrs, still kiting the boss and avoiding ghosts and wait till Satyrs evade and restart to a position where boss is standing before pull.. they do it after a while. After that just return to Eliam room and finish the job same as first 50%, get the achievement for killing Atrophinius w/o killing any adds, loot (a cool epic healing trinket for me) took me 22 minutes but hey, doing something very few tried before isnt that bad :)))

For the fight I went with this build:(RS/MM/Bard) for teleporting around, anthem for speed etc. only used 2 damage abilities anyway.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....xMxo.xhbVV00o

Maybe Trion might want to change something so we avoid MM tanks in future :)))))

Cool story. How do you kill packs of mobs around the bosses?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Yoma View Post
    Cool story. How do you kill packs of mobs around the bosses?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yograin View Post
    when you already get a group and it disbands after few boss wipes it SUX and it might be actually faster to solo the boss than to try to find a new group )
    Reading, children start to learn it when 6 y/o here where I live.

Rift Chaser

I recently started soloing a bunch of the normal bosses, I did the first two in RD normal and rorf from folh and almost the pyromaster.. (there's videos on youtube) but that's all on normal and so it's a bit pointless lootwise, this is quite impressive though.

Telaran

I know what you mean with the long waiting times. I play on Imperium as well. I am myself a rogue, and it happens both when I want to join a group or looking for more dps. Always rogues, heck my groups always have 2 rogues, a bard and a tank/dps.

What is up with the lack of mages? Is it because all mages are playing WFs to exploit their current state to get huge ammounts of prestige? Or is it because lots of mages quit before the godmode patch? I dont understand it because chloros are SO GOOD support healers. A bad healer can easily heal t2s with a chloro backing him up. Oh and healer clerics overall... very few to be seen. Guess it might have to be with the fact that its really hard to heal experts, especially when the tank is not very good geared or without support healer.
    Kailyn - Rogue
    Riftstalker - Bladedancer - Infiltrator/Assassin
    Marksman - Assassin - Nightblade
    PvP: Marksman - Assassin - Infiltrator

Member of <Precision> on Imperium EU
    http://precision-guild.net/

+ Reply to Thread