+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fun AoE WF build

Default Fun AoE WF build

I have been using this build for a while now in WFs and it's served me well. I usually roll AoE for Black Garden/Port(bridge), then switch up to melee for WF/Codex.

Idea is to spam trick shot w/improved trick shot to get up to 5 cp quickly. Then hit em with SoD and some more trick shots/Rain of Arrows (if ideal situation). I use fell blades/Hell Fire blades as the enchants. I picked up MM for swift shot/hasted shot for kiting. Didn't really bother buffing any pet skills as I never use it. Anyway works for me in Wfs and rifts where players/mobs tend to gather in bunches. I'm sure this is a common build, so please excuse my thread if it is indeed so. Don't really read the rogue forums that often so it may have been posted before.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....VhtMG0gMoo.Vh
    Gamelist: Shadowbane(6yrs) Age of Conan(2yrs) WoW(1yr)
    CHARLIE SHEEN DA GOD: "I'M BI-WINNING..I WIN HERE..I WIN THERE"

[Killer]93%[Achiever]60%[Socializer]33%[Explorer]13%

Shadowlander

You have invested a lot of points in combo building. What do you do when SoD is on cool down? Weapon flare?

Soulwalker

Cool

This build is pretty nice, For some reason, this is the only game that's ever made me want to play ranger type classes, I personally hate ranger / ranged based classes, but in rift they play really fun as you can mix in melee or w/e you want. Thanks for sharing this I will be trying something similar, not exactly the same as yours. but you've given me some good ideas!

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Sicarii View Post
    I have been using this build for a while now in WFs and it's served me well. I usually roll AoE for Black Garden/Port(bridge), then switch up to melee for WF/Codex.

Idea is to spam trick shot w/improved trick shot to get up to 5 cp quickly. Then hit em with SoD and some more trick shots/Rain of Arrows (if ideal situation). I use fell blades/Hell Fire blades as the enchants. I picked up MM for swift shot/hasted shot for kiting. Didn't really bother buffing any pet skills as I never use it. Anyway works for me in Wfs and rifts where players/mobs tend to gather in bunches. I'm sure this is a common build, so please excuse my thread if it is indeed so. Don't really read the rogue forums that often so it may have been posted before.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....VhtMG0gMoo.Vh
    I like the concept, especially spreading Fell Blades via ranger AE. However, I feel there's a better way to go, using Ranger abilities more, especially Head Shot + Bestial Fury and grabbing Prey on the Weak instead of the hp buff in Ranger.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...o.VhtMG0gMoo.V

Plane Touched

I pretty much use this build all the time, however I don't use Exposure at all, and instead would stick 1 point into Improved Quick Shot as well as 2 points into Bestial Fury for a guaranteed 5% damage increase all the time for you and pet(even though you say you dont use pets).

Head Shot is a great Finisher for when SoD is on cooldown.

I also like the extra range against pyros as well(makes them very easy to kill actually).

It's a fun build that puts good pressure on clerics & I find it puts you near the very top in dps every Warfront generally. I think you'll find however that you'll get focused quite a bit once they figure out who is pelting them(at least I do )

Sorry for the late reply, as I had to go to work today. As far as combo builder outside of SoD...i use Swift Shot/Hasted Shot finishers. I also have a couple of macros for single target to help build up my cps.

My rotation single target

Open w/ Dark Malady

bMacro1:
    Empowered Shot
    Splinter Shot

Then Scourge of Darkness (if on cool down, I hit Hasted Shot)

Macro2:
    Shadow Fire
    Piercing Shot
    Swift Shot
    Dusk Strike (for close combat)
    Primal Strike (for close combat)

Then Hasted Shot to refresh movement buff

AoE

Spam Trick Shot
    SoD
    Spam Trick Shot
    Concussive Blast

So far so good.
    Gamelist: Shadowbane(6yrs) Age of Conan(2yrs) WoW(1yr)
    CHARLIE SHEEN DA GOD: "I'M BI-WINNING..I WIN HERE..I WIN THERE"

[Killer]93%[Achiever]60%[Socializer]33%[Explorer]13%

+ Reply to Thread