+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ??Rogue Melee DPS Spec for lowbies??

Soulwalker

Default ??Rogue Melee DPS Spec for lowbies??

I'm not new to MMO's, so don't get me too terribly confused with someone that is ridiculously incompetent, but I'm having huge issues with the Rogue melee souls.
    I tried out Sin for a while and it was fun, however I realized that after I popped out and did my finisher, if they didn't get super close to dying, I was dead. This was before I had my second stun, only the Cheap Shot adjacent stun. Hopefully it will get better with the secondary stun, although I'm a bit more worried about its damage output.
    The only other viable spec, according you whispers, is a NB spec, of some sort. However NB isn't much of a spec I'm familiar with, and is kind of confusing in general...

If I could get some info on how to spec, what rotation to use, what to use as my off souls, and which main soul tree would be better off for ~rank 20, that would be great... Thanks for your time. :]

Soulwalker

Hey, first post here!

I personally use Assassin/Riftstalker/Bladedancer with most of my points in assassin and the rest in riftstalker for the AP buff.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MpMV.V.MAzczo

You can certainly play around with the points, but basically I open with paralyzing strike (stun opener from steath) build a few combo points, then use Guarded steel to buff my armor. You can also toss on expose weakness on the mob whenever it's down to increase damage.

Having that armor buff is really a life saver for me, without it I'd be too squishy to do anything.
    I have Bladedancer as my 3rd soul using 0 points stricktly for Side Steps, a 15 sec buff to dodge on a 2min cd that has saved my *** a few times.

Soulwalker

Hey, first post here!

I personally use Assassin/Riftstalker/Bladedancer with most of my points in assassin and the rest in riftstalker for the AP buff.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MpMV.V.MAzczo

You can certainly play around with the points, but basically I open with paralyzing strike (stun opener from steath) build a few combo points, then use Guarded steel to buff my armor. You can also toss on expose weakness on the mob whenever it's down to increase damage.

Having that armor buff is really a life saver for me, without it I'd be too squishy to do anything.
    I have Bladedancer as my 3rd soul using 0 points stricktly for Side Steps, a 15 sec buff to dodge on a 2min cd that has saved my *** a few times.

+ Reply to Thread