+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Maximum Hit Rating?

Cool Maximum Hit Rating?

Is there currently a Hit cap or a number it "maxes" out at?

Just wondering if i'm wasting places I could boost other stats.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibot View Post
    Is there currently a Hit cap or a number it "maxes" out at?

Just wondering if i'm wasting places I could boost other stats.

Thanks!
    Cap is 220
    Rehn - Rogue - <Cryptic> - Keenblade
    Five billion years ago our planet materialized from thin air More than a billion years later the miracle of life is formed And then A new breed amongst the variety of species sees the light of day Mankind Our numbers grow exponentially From 2 billion to a staggering 7 billion individuals in just 2 centuries Like a virus, we're consuming our host Instead of serving its cause Is this the scenario of our era? Are we out of control? Save, exit, planet
    <3 Frontliner - Song Below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5q-dl50hKs

Rift Disciple

wondering if it's necessary to cap out hit for pvp or if i should just stack crit

Quote Originally Posted by Caribizzle View Post
    wondering if it's necessary to cap out hit for pvp or if i should just stack crit

220 is for raids so no.
    Last edited by RenTheGod; 04-25-2011 at 03:27 PM.
    Five billion years ago our planet materialized from thin air More than a billion years later the miracle of life is formed And then A new breed amongst the variety of species sees the light of day Mankind Our numbers grow exponentially From 2 billion to a staggering 7 billion individuals in just 2 centuries Like a virus, we're consuming our host Instead of serving its cause Is this the scenario of our era? Are we out of control? Save, exit, planet

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by RenTheGod View Post
    Cap is 220
    How do you come to that conclusion?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by RenTheGod View Post
    220 is for raids so no.
    hmm let me be more specific. what is the base %chance to hit against an enemy player of the same level (50) before any +hit% is added?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Caribizzle View Post
    hmm let me be more specific. what is the base %chance to hit against an enemy player of the same level (50) before any +hit% is added?
    I don't have any data on hand but I would guess that base chance is 100% modified by defensive skills.

I.e. 10% dodge = 90% hit chance.

So +10% to hit will increase that to 100%.

AFAIK I run with ~60 hit in PvP (for now) and when I look at my parses I HARDLY ever miss if at all.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by yyiri View Post
    I don't have any data on hand but I would guess that base chance is 100% modified by defensive skills.
    I believe there is a base chance to Miss (actual "Miss", not Dodge), but I unfortunately don't know what it is. I could be wrong and the misses I remember were due to the Bard branch passive or equivalent (if other Callings have one), however.

As for Caribizzle's question, you're right - we can't give a specific answer because it's entirely dependent on the target's avoidance. Hit negates both Miss and avoidance.

i'm not sure where the 220 number people are giving comes from. i haven't looked recently so maybe it changed but last i checked the cap was 200 hit rating (+40% chance to hit) for greenscale, 150 (30%) for all other raid content, 100 (20%) for expert level rifts and t2 dungeons, and 50 (10%) for T1 dungeons. i haven't noticed any patchnotes changing that
    Sherira - Rogue - Saboteur, Bard, Rifstalker, Night Blade
    Irene - Cleric - Inquisitor/Sentinel
    Saffahh - Mage - Pyromancer/Dominator and the best damn level 9 Master Outfitter you'll ever see
    TheMickey - Warrior - Beastmaster, Paragon and his trusty kung-fu battle cat Master Korin

Station

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by tehmickey View Post
    i'm not sure where the 220 number people are giving comes from. i haven't looked recently so maybe it changed but last i checked the cap was 200 hit rating (+40% chance to hit) for greenscale, 150 (30%) for all other raid content, 100 (20%) for expert level rifts and t2 dungeons, and 50 (10%) for T1 dungeons. i haven't noticed any patchnotes changing that

The last 20 rating is for dodge roll checks, not miss rolls.

Rift Disciple

I think RoS is higher then 220, I was missing quite often at 224 and gear swapped to 238 and that seemed to fix the missing.
    Baali - Guardian - Seastone - Marksblade
    Thelegendary - Guardian - Seaston - Inquisicar
    Mydingo - Guardian - Seaston - Champagon
    Iconic Fatality
    Thelegendary Baali - Order - Badlands - Ironbreaker

Quote Originally Posted by Eldrene View Post
    The last 20 rating is for dodge roll checks, not miss rolls.
    Pretty sure this is where that last 20 comes in. When I sat at 214 during LGS I'd miss quite often (or dodge can't really tell) Just Stuff didn't hit. Once I hit 220 blam No more missing/dodging.

Quote Originally Posted by Baali View Post
    I think RoS is higher then 220, I was missing quite often at 224 and gear swapped to 238 and that seemed to fix the missing.

Shouldn't be. I went in at 220 (221 to be exact) and didn't have a problem.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by tehmickey View Post
    I've read that 200 is for level 50 elites, GSB/RoS are level 52 Elites so you need another 20 (4%) hit.
    This info might be wrong, but it's what i've read on these forums.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Noodz View Post
    I've read that 200 is for level 50 elites, GSB/RoS are level 52 Elites so you need another 20 (4%) hit.
    This info might be wrong, but it's what i've read on these forums.
    All expert dungeons are level 52 elites, so that's not right.

However, you definitely need 220 for raiding. I get dodged at 209 all the time...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast