+ Reply to Thread

Thread: sabotuer/nightblade. Bug or meant to be this way?

Soulwalker

Default sabotuer/nightblade. Bug or meant to be this way?

Tried to make this build that takes advantage of scourge of darkness and heat retention while using the sabs charges and detonate as main damage abilities. the build is here http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....VcM0E.0VMcxcb. The problem is that even though scourge of darkness states next 10 weapon attacks, and charges require weapons and use them in there damage it will not proc of charges. Also heat retention will not give a stack per charge only per detonate blast for some reason. I am hoping this is just a bug and that is why they are not working together. What do you think is this a bug or was it meant to be this way?

Telaran

It's an ability that uses weapon damage, but the actual attack is detonate. The game probably doesn't consider charges to be attacks; they just use weapon damage for scaling purposes.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzix View Post
    It's an ability that uses weapon damage, but the actual attack is detonate. The game probably doesn't consider charges to be attacks; they just use weapon damage for scaling purposes.
    was what i thought but then looking at enchants and poisons they do hit off of charges.

Rift Disciple

Probably because sab is mostly phsyical dmg .. The main charges n det is too.. Think charges are posions that why sin increased psoion dmg works for them..

Telaran

There was some wording in the 1.2 alpha changes that suggested Heat Retention was not workibg in some cases where it was intended to. I suspect Sab charges may be one of these.

As far as Scourge of Darkness...seems like it ought to work. Charges are 'weapon plus...', require weapons, etc. If it's not working, I'd think that would bear fixing.

+ Reply to Thread