+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to 50..why 200 hit?

Plane Walker

Default New to 50..why 200 hit?

Is there some reason that you need that much hit. I am at 144+3% extra from talents. I keep seeing get 200 but never why.

So im asking.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Wytchblades View Post
    Is there some reason that you need that much hit. I am at 144+3% extra from talents. I keep seeing get 200 but never why.

So im asking.

Thanks in advance.

200ish is what you need for Greenscale. If you just hit 50 and are going to start doing T1s 50 is what you want I believe.

-Soon A developer term that is never as "soon" as you want it to be.

Rift Chaser

If you miss an attack, you just blew a GCD with zero DPS output. As a result, however much +Hit is needed to get you to the Hit cap is considered extremely valuable. Until you reach the Hit cap, IMO +Hit gear is more important that +Crit or +Attack Power gear.

Gox
    Champion

if you are a rogue and go into gs with only 200 hit you are wasting your time and your raid's.. 200 is too low for most rogue souls. I would not go into gs without 220.

Other classes can get by with less but rogue takes a huge dps loss with sub 220 hit.
    Last edited by Gox; 04-25-2011 at 02:05 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Gox View Post
    Other classes can get by with less but rogue takes a huge dps loss with sub 220 hit.
    Really.. 20 hit is maybe 0,5% tops.
    The chance that you'll hit 220 instead of 200 is reasonably high too anyway, and else there's always a hit rune.

Since you just 50'd, you're probably going to want to do experts, either T1 or T2, and you need 50 and 100 respectively for those.
    It hurts more to be under those values than it does to be over them.

Gox
    Champion

20 hit is actually 4percent on the paperdoll but it is night and day. At 200 i was missing about 9-10 percent of the time at 220 with about 3 more percent in hit talents i miss maybe 1 percent of the time.

Its about a 100-150 dps change just going from 200-220 hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wytchblades View Post

So im asking.

Thanks in advance.
    So you can hit things in raids to do damage
    Rehn - Rogue - <Cryptic> - Keenblade
    Five billion years ago our planet materialized from thin air More than a billion years later the miracle of life is formed And then A new breed amongst the variety of species sees the light of day Mankind Our numbers grow exponentially From 2 billion to a staggering 7 billion individuals in just 2 centuries Like a virus, we're consuming our host Instead of serving its cause Is this the scenario of our era? Are we out of control? Save, exit, planet
    <3 Frontliner - Song Below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5q-dl50hKs

Rift Disciple

wondering what the hit cap is for pvp?

edit: just read hit cap is 220. wondering if this is necessary for pvp or if i should just stack crit...
    Last edited by Caribizzle; 04-25-2011 at 03:27 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Caribizzle View Post
    wondering what the hit cap is for pvp?

edit: just read hit cap is 220. wondering if this is necessary for pvp or if i should just stack crit...
    more specific question: what is the base %chance to hit another player of the same level (50) before any +hit is added?

+ Reply to Thread