+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: combo points when switching targets?

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    33

    Default combo points when switching targets?

    It seems that I have noticed that if I have a bunch of bleeds on a mob and get it up to 5 CP and switch to a new mob, that if I switch back the CP are gone. Is this correct?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Isz
    Isz is offline
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eclan View Post
    It seems that I have noticed that if I have a bunch of bleeds on a mob and get it up to 5 CP and switch to a new mob, that if I switch back the CP are gone. Is this correct?

    Thanks
    I don't think thats ever been the case with me, but I'd have to check again to be sure.

  3. #3
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    763

    Default

    If you start to build combo points on a second target your combo points on the first target are voided. So, you cannot build to 5 switch to second target dps it down then switch back to the first target and still have 5 combo points on it.
    Tsarin - Sunrest (PVP-RP) - Eth DPS Cleric (50) - Static

  4. #4
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    33

    Default ok - that is what I am seeing.

    I was hoping to let one mob die and boost my heath via rift scavenger.

    thanks

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser Vokan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Welcome to another advantage of Warriors 3 combo point advantage.
    486 DX2
    4MB RAM
    3.5 and 5 1/4 Floppy
    Voodoo Video Card
    14in monitor VGA 256k
    28.8 Modem

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vokan View Post
    Welcome to another advantage of Warriors 3 combo point advantage.
    That doesn't actually matter in this situation.

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser Vokan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drakhon View Post
    That doesn't actually matter in this situation.
    It does. The warrior keeps those CP to himself. Rogues are on a target. Switching targets deletes them. Warrior's dont delete.
    486 DX2
    4MB RAM
    3.5 and 5 1/4 Floppy
    Voodoo Video Card
    14in monitor VGA 256k
    28.8 Modem

  8. #8
    Isz
    Isz is offline
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vokan View Post
    It does. The warrior keeps those CP to himself. Rogues are on a target. Switching targets deletes them. Warrior's dont delete.
    I'm trying to figure out who's question your even answering...

  9. #9
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vokan View Post
    It does. The warrior keeps those CP to himself. Rogues are on a target. Switching targets deletes them. Warrior's dont delete.
    I can hardly believe they would screw over the rouges like that (because of exhaustion from the previous go's at it)!

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Yea it would be nice to see Rogues 5 point system act like the Warriors 3 point system. But then I can see it now, all the whiners and complainers about PvP bullsht.

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser Vokan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swabbie View Post
    I can hardly believe they would screw over the rouges like that (because of exhaustion from the previous go's at it)!
    I don't know about Rouges, but for Rogues once you lose target, you lose all CP.
    486 DX2
    4MB RAM
    3.5 and 5 1/4 Floppy
    Voodoo Video Card
    14in monitor VGA 256k
    28.8 Modem

  12. #12
    Rift Chaser Vokan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isz View Post
    I'm trying to figure out who's question your even answering...
    The OP's question was about CP and switching targets. Do you play a rogue?
    486 DX2
    4MB RAM
    3.5 and 5 1/4 Floppy
    Voodoo Video Card
    14in monitor VGA 256k
    28.8 Modem

  13. #13
    Isz
    Isz is offline
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vokan View Post
    The OP's question was about CP and switching targets. Do you play a rogue?
    Yeah I main rogue, but you were talking about the benefits of being a warrior. Besides that not being what ANYONE was talking about, the question was more of a "yes or no" format.

  14. #14
    Rift Chaser Vokan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isz View Post
    Yeah I main rogue, but you were talking about the benefits of being a warrior. Besides that not being what ANYONE was talking about, the question was more of a "yes or no" format.
    You were the first to answer him and didn't realize Rogues lose CP when switching targets. There is no way in hell you play a rogue.
    486 DX2
    4MB RAM
    3.5 and 5 1/4 Floppy
    Voodoo Video Card
    14in monitor VGA 256k
    28.8 Modem

  15. #15
    Isz
    Isz is offline
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vokan View Post
    You were the first to answer him and didn't realize Rogues lose CP when switching targets. There is no way in hell you play a rogue.
    You don't lose them until you actually place another combo point on the next target. So no, switching targets does not negate your old CP's. I also said I would have to check when I get home to be sure. As a MM main, I don't often switch targets, but when I do on accident or something, I noticed they are usually there when I switch back.

    But I um, still don't see where the warrior thing was from or why.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts