+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marksman

Default Marksman

i dont play a Marksman anymore but i did try the 51 pt one before. the pedestals are nice and all but when does any class just stand around and press buttons? marksman loses at least 30% of their damage if they have to move around. that is a major problem as i'm sure others have mentioned. i suggest the pedestals be changed to "sniper stance" where if the marksman stands still for 1 second they gain the buff instead of having to cast a pedestal everytime they stop moving.

the pedestals need to change to make marksman comparable to other souls. they have low single target damage as well as aoe dmg, so why would anyone use them?

Soulwalker

Thumbs up Great idea

I think its a great idea. you should send the idea to Trion if you haven't done that yet :P

Quote Originally Posted by Solace View Post
    i dont play a Marksman anymore but i did try the 51 pt one before. the pedestals are nice and all but when does any class just stand around and press buttons?
    Try mage and healer

Shield of Telara

Dungeons and Raids (PVE) at this point consist of the following:
    1. Move into position
    2. Toss down pedestal
    3. Fire rotation
    4. Move out of Fire
    5. Move back to pedestal
    6. Fire rotation
    7. Move out of random bad stuff
    8. Move back to pedestal
    9. Fire rotation
    10. Collect loot

That amounts to almost every single pve fight in the game for a ranged dps. They changed pedestal to give you a 15 second buff that is automatically refreshed if you spend 1 second standing on the pedestal as of patch 1.2. The only place marksman suffers from the use of pedestal is in pvp and we have plenty of tools to use there already.
    Tsarin - Sunrest (PVP-RP) - Eth DPS Cleric (50) - Static

+ Reply to Thread