+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Night Blade Soul as You're Main Soul, Discuss!!

Default Night Blade Soul as You're Main Soul, Discuss!!

I've now been a lvl 50 Rogue for about 3 weeks or so. Stoped Playing my lvl 50 War when I found out it was meshing about 3 macros and pretty faceroll!! So I'm getting a grasp for all the Rogue souls and builds, working different combos and what have you, Like most of you I'm sure.

I wanted to throw this out there and see what the general community felt about Rogues that Go full NightBlades, or at least deep enough for the Immunity and 6 second dodge.

First, Really quick I'm sure I will get players saying if its there why not get it or use it, Elitist BS talk and what have you. I believe that some souls should grab certain abilities to help them survive. Marksmen and what have you. But For one I'm blown away that a Dev would even think that 3 seconds of Immunity to dmg and then another 6 seconds of dodging everything was legit.

I will never spec up the Nightblade tree for these skills and any rogue that does simply is garbage. If you need skills that give you 9 seconds of immunity to get a kill well **** GL with that. I'm sure there are a ton of players out there that need scrub *** builds to get a kill in PvP, but really how bad do you have to be to need such an advantage as that!! And its funny as hell to me the ones that run their mouths the most are you're Night Blade Rogues!!

For me they are easy to counter, Just dust and watch them stumble around. But I'm just saying, Get good and learn how to really play a rogue how they are ment to be played and not be a lazy *** and rely so heavily on two skills that give you 9 second god mode!! I would think most play rogues becuase of the skill lvl involved in making one great!! If you can't handle a class that requires a ton of skill go play a Warrior, I have a 50 I can give you!! It's Funny to watch Night Blades If they have none of there Cool Downs they are no where to be seen , But once they are up they are all Action and think they are the **** LOL.

/Just my two cents

Dboy,
    "The Greatest glory in life, is not in never falling, but in rising everytime you fall."

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyboy View Post
    I've now been a lvl 50 Rogue for about 3 weeks or so. Stoped Playing my lvl 50 War when I found out it was meshing about 3 macros and pretty faceroll!! So I'm getting a grasp for all the Rogue souls and builds, working different combos and what have you, Like most of you I'm sure.

I wanted to throw this out there and see what the general community felt about Rogues that Go full NightBlades, or at least deep enough for the Immunity and 6 second dodge.

First, Really quick I'm sure I will get players saying if its there why not get it or use it, Elitist BS talk and what have you. I believe that some souls should grab certain abilities to help them survive. Marksmen and what have you. But For one I'm blown away that a Dev would even think that 3 seconds of Immunity to dmg and then another 6 seconds of dodging everything was legit.

I will never spec up the Nightblade tree for these skills and any rogue that does simply is garbage. If you need skills that give you 9 seconds of immunity to get a kill well **** GL with that. I'm sure there are a ton of players out there that need scrub *** builds to get a kill in PvP, but really how bad do you have to be to need such an advantage as that!! And its funny as hell to me the ones that run their mouths the most are you're Night Blade Rogues!!

For me they are easy to counter, Just dust and watch them stumble around. But I'm just saying, Get good and learn how to really play a rogue how they are ment to be played and not be a lazy *** and rely so heavily on two skills that give you 9 second god mode!! I would think most play rogues becuase of the skill lvl involved in making one great!! If you can't handle a class that requires a ton of skill go play a Warrior, I have a 50 I can give you!! It's Funny to watch Night Blades If they have none of there Cool Downs they are no where to be seen , But once they are up they are all Action and think they are the **** LOL.

/Just my two cents

Dboy,
    Someone is mad...

He who conquers the left side rules the world

Rift Disciple

your*

Don't forget the 8 seconds of taking 80% less damage. And if you're 0 Bladedancer, 15 seconds of +50% dodge. You seriously missed out on some key whining material.
    Last edited by Equis; 04-25-2011 at 10:42 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Equis View Post
    your*

Don't forget the 8 seconds of taking 80% less damage. And if you're 0 Bladedancer, 15 seconds of +50% dodge. You seriously missed out on some key whining material.
    Not to mention you can stealth up to people, thats pretty whine worthy.

LOL its what I expected so please keep it coming. But I could easily spec that soul and **** most current Night Blades, becuase I do it with a broken Soul atm SIN. So I'm not mad nor am I upset about it. I'm simply stating (and maybe I should of been briefer and more direct in the OP) MOST, Not all Night Blades are Garbage and Rely Heavily on some pretty ******ed Skills to even have a shot at a kill.

Here is an analogy some of you might be able to understand, If you are weight lifting and pushing for higher weight, and you start to use elbow braces or writs wraps, all you are actually doing is making you're own personal strength gimp. You become to reliant on those supports to get anything done. Instead of just building up the strength to do it on you're own. Now there are some cases like Squat that Knee wraps are just a must have simply becuase you can blow a knee out.

Same applies with working different souls. You watch if they nerf GoP on Pyros like they should. The boards will be over run with crying or most Pyros will switch to the Necro / chloro build we see now. Bad players look for Over powered builds to get it done becuase they are simply Not good at PvP and need those builds to win.

Same can be applied to a ton of players on my server DeepStrike, We have a guild on guard side that is primarily rank 5/ 6 and if you watch there play style and or vids they are actually garbage, But they require gear / OP Souls skills to get anything done. The only thing that can be said about Whistler and crew is gj hacking out the Ranks quicker then most. When the dust settles and most are rank 6, gear is = and most souls have been fixed to be a bit more equal across the board. They will most likely quit becuase they are getting rolled in most WFs or OWPvP.

;p I'm bored at work!! Sorry for the wall of text!!

Dboy,
    "The Greatest glory in life, is not in never falling, but in rising everytime you fall."

Rift Disciple

LOL its what I expected so please keep it coming. But I could easily spec that soul and **** most current Night Blades, becuase I do it with a broken Soul atm SIN. So I'm not mad nor am I upset about it. I'm simply stating (and maybe I should of been briefer and more direct in the OP) MOST, Not all Night Blades are Garbage and Rely Heavily on some pretty ******ed Skills to even have a shot at a kill.

Here is an analogy some of you might be able to understand, If you are weight lifting and pushing for higher weight, and you start to use elbow braces or writs wraps, all you are actually doing is making you're own personal strength gimp. You become to reliant on those supports to get anything done. Instead of just building up the strength to do it on you're own. Now there are some cases like Squat that Knee wraps are just a must have simply becuase you can blow a knee out.

Same applies with working different souls. You watch if they nerf GoP on Pyros like they should. The boards will be over run with crying or most Pyros will switch to the Necro / chloro build we see now. Bad players look for Over powered builds to get it done becuase they are simply Not good at PvP and need those builds to win.

Same can be applied to a ton of players on my server DeepStrike, We have a guild on guard side that is primarily rank 5/ 6 and if you watch there play style and or vids they are actually garbage, But they require gear / OP Souls skills to get anything done. The only thing that can be said about Whistler and crew is gj hacking out the Ranks quicker then most. When the dust settles and most are rank 6, gear is = and most souls have been fixed to be a bit more equal across the board. They will most likely quit becuase they are getting rolled in most WFs or OWPvP.

;p I'm bored at work!! Sorry for the wall of text!!

Dboy,
    Bored at work? Judging by your grammar, I'd guess you work at a fast food restaurant. Your, you're, their and there is not hard.

Also, why do you sign your posts? Your name is right there, next to the words already. I have yet to ever meet someone who had something worthwhile to say who signed their posts.

Cool

DUH DUM
    Rehn - Rogue - <Cryptic> - Keenblade
    Five billion years ago our planet materialized from thin air More than a billion years later the miracle of life is formed And then A new breed amongst the variety of species sees the light of day Mankind Our numbers grow exponentially From 2 billion to a staggering 7 billion individuals in just 2 centuries Like a virus, we're consuming our host Instead of serving its cause Is this the scenario of our era? Are we out of control? Save, exit, planet
    <3 Frontliner - Song Below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5q-dl50hKs

...or how about those deep NB players are using the skills they have to good effect? Maybe that's an option as well?

Why do those players have to be garbage because they're using the skills Trion gave them?

Sooooooo YOUR correcting grammmir on a gaaminng thraedd!!? Wow, Good for you fella. Any thoughts on the actual topic at hand. Or are you just a really insecure, angry little dude that hates himself so much that he feels the need to come onto a gaming board and read the entire thread and try his hardest to belittle and put down someone else. Now if that is you, and you are that insecure and unloved. Well then I'm sorry and feel for you.

Now I don't support my family on a fast food resturant salary!! And I do actually have my own office. But what is wrong with a kid busting his *** to make ends meet that does work in the fast food industry. Are you so nieve or sad that you think that you are better in some way then an individual that works in Fast Food?! Interesting, GL with all that.

SIGNED Dboy,

Wishing the English Prof all the best of luck, He sadly needs it!! Hope you get that insecurity thing worked out.

I spec full NB just so I can cap Codex whenever I want.
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

Shield of Telara

Sorry, guys Trion gave my soul choice options that make me unskilled if I use them! Guess, I am going to be one unskilled pvper!
    Tsarin - Sunrest (PVP-RP) - Eth DPS Cleric (50) - Static

Quote Originally Posted by mkultra55 View Post
    ...or how about those deep NB players are using the skills they have to good effect? Maybe that's an option as well?

Why do those players have to be garbage because they're using the skills Trion gave them?
    Notice in my verbage i used SOME, I'm not nieve or ignorant enough (Like our english prof buddy) to think that everyone can be clumped into a catagory. But my overlying thought was those that rely heavily on OP skills are simply making themselves worse players. Pyro's GoP / NB Immunity!! I know a damn good rogue in Condemned on my server that is a NB and goes it for the healing mitigation. He does that for his team to help them cut down healers quicker.

If you do run the NB soul and for whatever reason you do, Each to their own. But even you would have to aggree most NB's run it becuase they are simply not good enough to run anything else, Yet they will run their mouth like they are some god of gaming WHEN the CD's are up of course. Same concept goes with players that are actually garbage players but when geared look ok.

Dboy,

Rift Chaser

Since the OP is a "skilled" assassin, I wonder if he avoids using abilities like stealth, jagged strike, foul play etc since a "skilled" player should be able to defeat another player without using some of their strongest abilities.

First, Really quick I'm sure I will get players saying if its there why not get it or use it, Elitist BS talk and what have you.
    Umm, you're the one coming off all elitist by implying anyone who picks 2 skills in the NB tree is unskilled garbage.
    Mods, delete this post, it's an obvious troll.
    Last edited by Vraesh; 04-25-2011 at 12:21 PM.

Soulwalker

All I have to say to you is:

obvious troll is obvious.

/e poptwilighttranscendence

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast