+ Reply to Thread

Thread: These Marksman changes - you think this means less buttons Trion?

Default These Marksman changes - you think this means less buttons Trion?

I understand that the current Marksman 20 button extravaganza is fun for some players who can handle it.

Im not one of those players(I can handle a 4 button rotation and maybe 5 more buttons in addition pots to use situationally) and apparently very few subscribers are. So most of us really arent much good with a Marksmen.
    When you announced that the changes were supposed to mean less buttons in the course of one fight I thought - cool.

But really you didnt help this at all. You swapped some stuff around but all we gained was 1 less button. Mostly I dont really see any logic in tyhe changes - they seems like change for the sake of change.
    Wherever You Went - Here You Are

Goest on Sunrest

I kill red people.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
    I understand that the current Marksman 20 button extravaganza is fun for some players who can handle it.

Im not one of those players(I can handle a 4 button rotation and maybe 5 more buttons in addition pots to use situationally) and apparently very few subscribers are. So most of us really arent much good with a Marksmen.
    When you announced that the changes were supposed to mean less buttons in the course of one fight I thought - cool.

But really you didnt help this at all. You swapped some stuff around but all we gained was 1 less button. Mostly I dont really see any logic in tyhe changes - they seems like change for the sake of change.
    Was this what you were looking for? http://www.wowhead.com/item=18230/broken-i-w-i-n-button

More buttons is almost never a bad thing. Having different, useful cooldowns makes a class more fun and have more depth to play. I would never complain about having too many choices of how to react to a situation.

Now I'm not saying the patch is amazing for marksmen, it should help but it could be better. I'm just commenting on "having more buttons" being a bad thing.
    Last edited by Equis; 04-25-2011 at 11:26 AM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Equis View Post
    Was this what you were looking for? http://www.wowhead.com/item=18230/broken-i-w-i-n-button

More buttons is almost never a bad thing. Having different, useful cooldowns makes a class more fun and have more depth to play. I would never complain about having too many choices of how to react to a situation.

Now I'm not saying the patch is amazing for marksmen, it should help but it could be better. I'm just commenting on "having more buttons" being a bad thing.
    Abilities and buttons are different things.

Shield of Telara

I am pretty sure Trion's assumption is we will use macros. Under the changes there isn't really a reason not to do:

#show Hasted Shot
    cast Rapid Fire Shot
    cast Hasted Shot

As one of your buttons. Unless you really need to make sure you are kiting the target and not going for maximum dps. There are quite a few other buttons that can be combined by those methods. IE Improved Hit and Run and Empowered Shot or Deadeye Shot. Since, an item on cooldown won't fire off and it will go to the next item in the list.
    Tsarin - Sunrest (PVP-RP) - Eth DPS Cleric (50) - Static

Isz
    Champion of Telara

I know this isn't exactly what you are getting at, but I bought a mouse with 2 extra buttons on the side, and binding them and then them w/ shift and then with ctr, really helped me with my MM.

I like the complexity of the class and I think it is also on us to figure out how to play them effectively without Trion making it easier.

Trion themselves said they wanted to make the class less button intensive.

Im not disputing thats its more challenging for everyone and more fun for some people to use 15 or 20 different button(not counting navigation) in the course of 2 minutes.

But Im pretty sure Trion has run metrics showing that most cant/wont/dont play that way and its was a big part of the reason most people dont enjoy the marksman class.
    Wherever You Went - Here You Are

Goest on Sunrest

I kill red people.

Shield of Telara

Generally, MM as it stands now has to watch far too many cooldowns. They removed a couple of them and combined a couple into a single ability. This removes a few buttons that need to be watched from the bar. Also, adding the 20 second cooldown on Rapid Fire Shot makes it so it can be put in a macro with Hasted Shot since, previously to do that wouldn't have worked. I agree it still has quite a few items you would want to watch in order to maximize your cooldowns but for the average user that isn't going to be an issue.

IE, in my current MM build I wouldn't want to really hit Improved Hit and Run until I managed to get both Melted Skin and Cruel Vengeance to proc at exactly the same time. But that isn't really a Marksman issue.
    Tsarin - Sunrest (PVP-RP) - Eth DPS Cleric (50) - Static

+ Reply to Thread