+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: When will MM do enough damage to actually be useful in pvp?

Default When will MM do enough damage to actually be useful in pvp?

As of right now my MM build, which I put a few points in ranger and riftstalker for the increased damage done, and AP buff, but then a few more in to rift for reduced damage taken.

As of now MM seems more like an annoying bug that just follows your around and you can just swat it away with a few quick hits. We need more front load damage BEFORE we begin to kite. A good strong opener on a CD or something would be nice. Deadeye shot is just a joke.

It would be nice to see some kind decent dps attack instead of doing 5 shots that barely hurt someone with a finisher that also barely hurts someone. It us just ridiculous and boring to be honest in their current place.

I know they have some incoming MM buffs, but I am not seeing enough that it will give pvp much more burst like other classes.

It already is? Not no mage though
    Rehn - Rogue - <Cryptic> - Keenblade
    Five billion years ago our planet materialized from thin air More than a billion years later the miracle of life is formed And then A new breed amongst the variety of species sees the light of day Mankind Our numbers grow exponentially From 2 billion to a staggering 7 billion individuals in just 2 centuries Like a virus, we're consuming our host Instead of serving its cause Is this the scenario of our era? Are we out of control? Save, exit, planet
    <3 Frontliner - Song Below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5q-dl50hKs

Rift Disciple

You aren't playing the class right if you think MM isn't good right now in PvP. Please dont take that the wrong way, im not trying to sound like an a-hole.

Try this spec, im sure you'll love it.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Moo.E0tkqzVh0o

hellfire blades, heat retention, fel blades, dusk to dawn, and twilight force.

This is a great spec, give it a whirl and let us know if you like it. Also, you could take the 34 points out of MM and toss them in Ranger. Its up to you. I personally like my points in MM, it hits a little harder.
    Last edited by reinert012; 04-25-2011 at 10:51 AM.

Plane Walker

NB is the main PVP soul. There is no other way to get the burst damage in PVP that you need without NB. So, if you want your MM to be effective in PVP, spec him with NB. NB combines well with Sin, Rift, MM, Ranger.

Do I like it? No. Is it the way it is? Yes.

MM is worse of in PvE, although it could use some buffage in PvP aswell to counter Pyros, not just bugger them

In PvE they should be the highest single target ranged soul for all callings together with maybe one magesoul. They need an increase of atleast 2-300dps to do that
    http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/rift/sig.php?sig_id=127292

Zab
    Champion

I have no complaints with MM in pvp at lvl 50. The spec someone posted above or a MM/NB/SIN spec works great and i have no trouble killing. For PVE do we need buffs? of course.
    Last edited by Zab; 04-25-2011 at 11:04 AM.

Isz
    Champion of Telara

I always see these threads and think about how there is so much more to MM then pure damage. I'm really not sure this was meant to be a pure DD DPS class, or more of a farthest range utility/kiting class, that has some stopping power when needed.

Champion of Telara

It seems to me like they got MM and ranger backwards.

The ranger has all it's abilities on instant. But has a pet. In terms of PvE, that would be the one that wouldn't be so bad with a cast timer, as your pet would be tanking. In terms of PvP, not so great, but pets aren't so great at PvP in general due to control/pathing issues.

Meanwhile the MM has no pet, and it's good stuff has cast timers. A class that would actually need to kite etc, and it has the range - but everything takes cast timers so you can't really kite that well, or do burst damage either really.

Seems backwards to me.

Have to agree about nightblade. Since it's alot of non-physical attacks it has the best DPS. Plus on top of that, your first 10 points go to increase damage in combo builders by 15% and damage in finishers by 15%, then you are adding 3% more damage and some resists. Those things just add to damage, which is better than AP it seems, since AP is horrible with it's scaling. And finally @ 32 points you get fellblades, which reduces healing the target recieves by 50% and is basically always up on a target.

I personally run a ranger/nightblade/riftstalker build for PvP. I have the same problems as most rogues in terms of DPS done, but I still usually get in the top5 overall for DPS because I don't die very often. The biggest reason I run the build is because it is the best DPS for any build I've found, and it lets me put on fellblades which makes a big difference. With the ranger, everything is instant, so I have no trouble kiting people. But I really do not prefer the gameplay and hate having a pet(but I need it because it increases my dps even aside from the DPS he does).

I would be much happier with a MM build that didn't have a pet.

I'm not sure what build you are useing as you're MM!! But with Primarily blues and a few greens I was seeing over 1k Hits on my finishers!! Now I'm getting gear I get up around 1.8K to 2K finishers. If the OP is looking to do the type of dmg that a Pryor is throwing out atm, It should NOT ever happen, IMO!! The Marksmen is a harassing soul built to kite and slow. I can see how a solo queing Mark would get frustrated. But you team up a Marksmen with some chain Focus Fire and they are a great soul as they stand. Not sure why so many MM complain about their dmg. What Kind of top end crits do you feel a Marksmen should have!?!

Dboy,
    "The Greatest glory in life, is not in never falling, but in rising everytime you fall."

Quote Originally Posted by Selo View Post
    MM is worse of in PvE, although it could use some buffage in PvP aswell to counter Pyros, not just bugger them

In PvE they should be the highest single target ranged soul for all callings together with maybe one magesoul. They need an increase of atleast 2-300dps to do that
    Does need a buff in PvE 100%. Pvp to counter pyros? eh =/
    Five billion years ago our planet materialized from thin air More than a billion years later the miracle of life is formed And then A new breed amongst the variety of species sees the light of day Mankind Our numbers grow exponentially From 2 billion to a staggering 7 billion individuals in just 2 centuries Like a virus, we're consuming our host Instead of serving its cause Is this the scenario of our era? Are we out of control? Save, exit, planet

Quote Originally Posted by RenTheGod View Post
    Does need a buff in PvE 100%. Pvp to counter pyros? eh =/
    I know it sucks when people compare things to wow, but wow hunters, which is what i pretty much made my spec out to be as it is what i enjoyed playing, mostly marks, with some ranger and rift for damage reduction, I have absolutely no stun at all. hunters had scatter shot, which could completely turn the tide of a fight.

It was an instant cast off gcd that would disorient the target for a few seconds, just enough time to either get away, or get some dps on them before they bum rush you. Something like that in the MM tree I think would make a huge difference.

What MM really needs is a good solid opener shot like wowos hunters aimed shot used to be. Like i said before, we are just like annoying flys that tickle targets and slow them enough so that others can kill them.

Rogues in general in any game, be ir a ranged or melee one are usually ones that have a huge burst opener, and then a way to get away once the target figured out what was going on, and this is just not the case in this game. It seems if I want to do any sort of actual damage outside of pve, which I will not lie, I rather like the dps I do with my ranger / mm / assassin build in pve, it has no use in pvp as it has no way to really slow or get away. It just seems like things are mixed up and the classes abailities are not what they should be, a 5 point straife, with a deadeye shot should really really hurt someone, yet it only takes them to like 1/4 health if that. Something just seems wrong about that.

I know it gets a buff when standing on pedestal in 1.2, but that only helps pve really. pvp is almost always on the move. Just not enough things in the MM tree to get the job done to actually kill someone instead of just annoying them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosthated View Post
    I know it sucks when people compare things to wow, but wow hunters, which is what i pretty much made my spec out to be as it is what i enjoyed playing, mostly marks, with some ranger and rift for damage reduction, I have absolutely no stun at all. hunters had scatter shot, which could completely turn the tide of a fight.

It was an instant cast off gcd that would disorient the target for a few seconds, just enough time to either get away, or get some dps on them before they bum rush you. Something like that in the MM tree I think would make a huge difference.

What MM really needs is a good solid opener shot like wowos hunters aimed shot used to be. Like i said before, we are just like annoying flys that tickle targets and slow them enough so that others can kill them.

Rogues in general in any game, be ir a ranged or melee one are usually ones that have a huge burst opener, and then a way to get away once the target figured out what was going on, and this is just not the case in this game. It seems if I want to do any sort of actual damage outside of pve, which I will not lie, I rather like the dps I do with my ranger / mm / assassin build in pve, it has no use in pvp as it has no way to really slow or get away. It just seems like things are mixed up and the classes abailities are not what they should be, a 5 point straife, with a deadeye shot should really really hurt someone, yet it only takes them to like 1/4 health if that. Something just seems wrong about that.

I know it gets a buff when standing on pedestal in 1.2, but that only helps pve really. pvp is almost always on the move. Just not enough things in the MM tree to get the job done to actually kill someone instead of just annoying them.
    There is no need for a scatter shot for MM you got a lot of ways to kite. Swiftshot + Hasted shot + Twilight force slow (if you're speced into it) then the MM root so there isn't really a need for a 2sec stun. As for burst SoD + Stafe = Things die. There is a lot of weird things about MM and it does need tweaks, but it's still good in pvp.
    Last edited by RenTheGod; 04-25-2011 at 01:45 PM.

Soulwalker

I play mm/infiltrator/nb and i do very well in pvp. I get top 3 dps almost all the time and alot of kbs. When cooldowns are down we are really weak but still do ok dmg and cds are up fairly quick with reload.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyboy View Post
    I'm not sure what build you are useing as you're MM!! But with Primarily blues and a few greens I was seeing over 1k Hits on my finishers!! Now I'm getting gear I get up around 1.8K to 2K finishers. If the OP is looking to do the type of dmg that a Pryor is throwing out atm, It should NOT ever happen, IMO!! The Marksmen is a harassing soul built to kite and slow. I can see how a solo queing Mark would get frustrated. But you team up a Marksmen with some chain Focus Fire and they are a great soul as they stand. Not sure why so many MM complain about their dmg. What Kind of top end crits do you feel a Marksmen should have!?!

Dboy,
    Pfft. i was critting for 1300 at lvl 37 on my Nightblade. pfft

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast