+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bladedancer build in preparation for 1.2

Default Bladedancer build in preparation for 1.2

So, with some of the BD skills getting a damage increase, and Backstab in the Assassin tree becoming a harder hitting ability but with a cooldown, I figured it would be about time to figure out a BD build for the upcoming 1.2 patch.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...0soohbz.V0xMho

There is 2 points that can be moved around. Only really need 1 point in Melted Skin, and not so sure how good Ebon Fury would be with this build, but couldn't think of anywhere else to put those points for a DPS increase. Mind you, I didn't take Puncture from the Assassin tree due to already having two 2CP builder (Precision Strike and Dusk Strike), so that could be a choice if you want a third 2CP builder.

Now, here is the reason I picked up the Backstab in this build. It has a 6 second CD and has become a harder hitting ability in 1.2, which makes it a perfect candidate for this Bladedancer build. After a 5 point Deadly Strike, your next 2 CP generating abilities do an increased 30% damage, so you will be able to follow up your Deadly Strike finisher with a high damage Backstab.

Combine that with the fact that there is multiple damage cooldowns in this build (Blade Tempo, Double Coup, Ebon Fury) and Energy return on Finishers from BD, I really think this build could work out well.

Flash of Steel to close gaps on bosses after having to run away from a mechanic, or getting on an add is also not bad. Build also has a ranged interrupt / silence on a short cooldown, which many rogue builds are missing.

Disclaimer: I have not done any testing in on the Alpha server for this build, this is all just speculation. If anyone on the Alpha server could test this out, I would be much obliged.
    Last edited by Conundrum; 04-25-2011 at 07:50 AM.

looks good, near identical to my build cept i have puncture instead of backstab and flame thrust instead of ebon fury. puncture is looking lackluster on alpha but it is still 2cp which can be useful... may switch it to backstab however since our other moves do so much now! also ebon fury sucks, dusk strike always hits like a wet noodle, spamming wet noodle attacks is not worth it imo, at least if you got twilight force it might be useful, but very hard to fit that in with 16 points...
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Yeah, thats what I figured with Ebon Fury. But you raise a good point with the Flame Thrust, that way theres a ranged finisher in case there is a mechanics you need to run away from or whatnot.

Also, could probably move one point from Melted Skin to Puncture for that 3rd 2CP builder, or just so you don't have to use Dusk Strike.

Modified build - http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...A0soohbz.V0xkh
    Last edited by Conundrum; 04-25-2011 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Yeah, thats what I figured with Ebon Fury. But you raise a good point with the Flame Thrust, that way theres a ranged finisher in case there is a mechanics you need to run away from or whatnot.

Also, could probably move one point from Melted Skin to Puncture for that 3rd 2CP builder, or just so you don't have to use Dusk Strike.

Modified build - http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...A0soohbz.V0xkh
    when 1.2 comes out ill try it, right now backstab sux so i cant test it, but come 1.2 ill see if my dps goes up without it or with it. also test if puncture is raising dps (like it does now) since you are losing a quick strike or precision strike per deadly strike.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Champion of Telara

I plan on trying my old build again after the patch and seeing how it works. It was already pretty decent before, just lacks on DPS when I'm not dodging.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....0ARftobodbo.V

Basically, I use assassin for the stealth and for the opening damage bonuses and free poisons. Open up with Jagged Strikes, and I use Impale as my first finisher to get the dots rolling.

For my main spammable damage I use the Keen Strike, Quick Strike, Precision Strike combo. With Puncture and Reprisal also in there when up. And of course, the assassin stuff also increase crit and all that.

I get the 15% from sab just because I'm already stacking dex, and it gives me more dodge etc. And I use the sab stuff for my ranged dmg/finishers. Even if you do not put 5 charges on someone, you can still detonate and the detonate itself will do some damage to them, you just won't get any charge damage. Which makes it pretty nice when someone is like less than 600 health and running away. And of course you can always put blast charges on them and then detonate for even more damage.

The aoe snare is also pretty nice to have, one of the better snares IMO. And you get 1 aoe bomb that is handy for when people are capping a flag and you need to hit more than one.

I never had a problem getting kited with this build before. And I usually won 1vs1 fights. The problem with it was that it's not very group PvP friendly.

However, after doing alot of nightblade lately, not getting those first 10 pts in it almost seems crazy. I have a feeling I might end up with a build similiar to this thread. Except for dancing steel. It has never wowed me to be honest.
    Last edited by perlfreak; 04-25-2011 at 11:26 AM.

+ Reply to Thread