+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How do I tell you MM1.2 is terrible without getting Reported??

Aus
    Banned

Default How do I tell you MM1.2 is terrible without getting Reported??

So every time I let it be known how horrible the MM changes are I get a warning

So how am I supposed to let these Guys/Girls know how bad their changes are?
    are any of these words suitable?

The MM 1.2 changes are
    horrid
    sub par
    garbage
    lacking
    disappointing
    abysmal
    doomed
    fail
    unsatisfactory
    unacceptable
    unplayable
    catastrophic
    jacked

or is anything less than 100% agreement subject for removal? the changes are no good and if anyone is confused as to why. just search out the 10,s of dozens of threads full of player feedback that got tossed aside, compare them to what was presented on alpha and judge for yourself. I've come to the conclusion that whoever hatched these Ideas Isn't even playing MM on live servers and or cares little about the class at all.
    Last edited by Aus; 04-25-2011 at 07:43 AM.

/signed

tested on alpha and after tons of testing there is STILL no reason to put more than 21 points in the tree...

51 points? laughable! 44point purge? sure ill get this and be useless or i can have a cleric spec inquisitor or warrior tank spec voidknight and still do their primary job without sucking... and putting 44+ points in the tree for pvp is just the worst idea ever!!! MM already are good at pvp, why gimp yourself to be bad at it so you can have a purge? imo the purge should be a talent not a root ability, give us something to spec into that does not suck!!!
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Aus View Post
    So every time I let it be known how horrible the MM changes are I get a warning

So how am I supposed to let these Guys/Girls know how bad their changes are?
    are any of these words suitable?

The MM 1.2 changes are
    horrid
    sub par
    garbage
    lacking
    disappointing
    abysmal
    doomed
    fail
    unsatisfactory
    unacceptable
    unplayable
    catastrophic
    jacked

or is anything less than 100% agreement subject for removal? the changes are no good and if anyone is confused as to why. just search out the 10,s of dozens of threads full of player feedback that got tossed aside, compare them to what was presented on alpha and judge for yourself. I've come to the conclusion that whoever hatched these Ideas Isn't even playing MM on live servers and or cares little about the class at all.
    so could you elaborate or are you just showing off your new thesaurus? I'm having a hard time finding any posts regarding changes, other then one with little actual information to go on and not much said other than "its a XX increase". I personaly like the idea of improved hit and run and the change to rapid fire shot.
    THE TRANSITION TO REAL LIFE
    PVP:I joined the military to snipe some punks but everyone cries too much when i team kill.>_<
    PVE:so I decided to go hunting, which was pretty fun till i accidentally right clicked a critter, freaking little girl wouldn't stop crying about her cat.
    Crafting:bug report: fix the wood nodes! they aren't sparkly so i cant find them!

Quote Originally Posted by snekadid View Post
    so could you elaborate or are you just showing off your new thesaurus? I'm having a hard time finding any posts regarding changes, other then one with little actual information to go on and not much said other than "its a XX increase". I personaly like the idea of improved hit and run and the change to rapid fire shot.
    hard to find deleted posts...
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Does that 44 point purge have no cooldown? If so, you do realize that MM will become the bane of Pyros, effectively being able to strip their GoS from them quite easily so they can actually be vulnerable to CC.

I'll say this much, it's better on alpha than it is on live currently. If you make threads with he sole purpose of inspiring a negative attitude on the forums then yes, I would expect to have that deleted.

This isn't the end all be all patch. Adjustments will be made where they need to be so hold on for a moment and enjoy what you can get for now.

This very thread may be deleted because of how you're presenting your opinion. To provide proper feedback try typing a constructive post highlighting the changes and what exactly is wrong. If you just go around yelling "FAIL TRION" I can almost guarantee you will be deleted and/or ignored.
    Last edited by Protomunk; 04-25-2011 at 08:09 AM.

He who conquers the left side rules the world

Soulwalker

The interesting thing is that, it's been days and noone from the Rift team answered/informed people on the forums about 1.2's ongoing situation. Ignoring the trolls some people really try to be constructive and helpful sending feedback giving suggestions about MM / sin / Bard / BD, but they just seem to ignore those people. I saw bunch of suggestions threads being locked or rot on the later pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Protomunk View Post
    This isn't the end all be all patch.
    I'm afraid for many rogues, including myself, that this patch will be the end all be all patch. If this patch does not bring rogue into an area in which we compete equally at the same difficulty setting as the other callings then I will be quitting. I'm not going to waste my money being subpar on the only calling I want to be for another few months, and I will not reroll class I have no interest in playing.

If this patch doesn't satisfy me I'll be quitting, and I know I'm not alone on this issue. Bad moves by Trion for not interacting with their community better.
    Briarqueue

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by CoraTheSilencer View Post
    The interesting thing is that, it's been days and noone from the Rift team answered/informed people on the forums about 1.2's ongoing situation. Ignoring the trolls some people really try to be constructive and helpful sending feedback giving suggestions about MM / sin / Bard / BD, but they just seem to ignore those people. I saw bunch of suggestions threads being locked or rot on the later pages.
    Agreed.

/10 char

Default People have grown tired of ineptness and being flat out ignored

To provide proper feedback try typing a constructive post highlighting the changes and what exactly is wrong.
    His point is people have been doing this for months.

They are ignored are then oddball changes implemented - leaving us baffled how any dev who actually plays a MM ( or rogue) could could even conceive such changes.

Shield of Telara

Looking over the changes and my style of play will only change slightly. My macros will all change but I am pretty sure they will have a similar effect.

It might end up nerfing my damage some though. With that 20 second cooldown on Rapid Fire shot.

Pretty sure my macros will look like:

Button 1
    #show Fan Out
    cast Lightning Fury
    cast Fan Out

Button 2
    #show Swift Shot
    cast Empowered Shot
    cast Swift Shot

Button 3
    #show Rapid Fire Shot
    cast Improved Hit and Run
    cast Deadeye Shot
    cast Rapid Fire Shot
    cast Hasted Shot

This leaves getting Bull's eye not to bug the entire stack or putting it on a 4th button. When I tested it out in live at the moment it almost always bugs the entire stack.
    Tsarin - Sunrest (PVP-RP) - Eth DPS Cleric (50) - Static

Plane Touched

I'll say this much, it's better on alpha than it is on live currently. If you make threads with he sole purpose of inspiring a negative attitude on the forums then yes, I would expect to have that deleted.

This isn't the end all be all patch. Adjustments will be made where they need to be so hold on for a moment and enjoy what you can get for now.

This very thread may be deleted because of how you're presenting your opinion. To provide proper feedback try typing a constructive post highlighting the changes and what exactly is wrong. If you just go around yelling "FAIL TRION" I can almost guarantee you will be deleted and/or ignored.
    It is nice to see some common sense on the forums.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Relanex View Post
    Looking over the changes and my style of play will only change slightly. My macros will all change but I am pretty sure they will have a similar effect.

It might end up nerfing my damage some though. With that 20 second cooldown on Rapid Fire shot.

Pretty sure my macros will look like:

Button 1
    #show Fan Out
    cast Lightning Fury
    cast Fan Out

Button 2
    #show Swift Shot
    cast Empowered Shot
    cast Swift Shot

Button 3
    #show Rapid Fire Shot
    cast Improved Hit and Run
    cast Deadeye Shot
    cast Rapid Fire Shot
    cast Hasted Shot

This leaves getting Bull's eye not to bug the entire stack or putting it on a 4th button. When I tested it out in live at the moment it almost always bugs the entire stack.
    empowered shot and deadeye shot are dps losses unless you have hit and run going

you need to move them to separate buttons/macros

Quote Originally Posted by Mondays View Post
    I'm afraid for many rogues, including myself, that this patch will be the end all be all patch. If this patch does not bring rogue into an area in which we compete equally at the same difficulty setting as the other callings then I will be quitting. I'm not going to waste my money being subpar on the only calling I want to be for another few months, and I will not reroll class I have no interest in playing.

If this patch doesn't satisfy me I'll be quitting, and I know I'm not alone on this issue. Bad moves by Trion for not interacting with their community better.
    At the moment our range PvP builds could use a bit more punch to be in line with what I would consider fair.

In pve we do very good dps but I do agree that the extent we have to go is a bit farther than other classes. I know our pve potential dps very well and what I mean is the rotation and situation around our dps.

For example our arguably highest dps build is 4x NB/ 17 sin / 6 rng. The dps is there but the buildup is annoying. The aoe is considerably weaker than a beastmaster champ or druid with a more complicated rotation relying on the upkeep of a dot, that can fall very easily, for dps.

The warrior rotation is 2-3 buttons with very high dps potential. Because of no finishers druid have a two button rotation. One for single target and another for aoe.

The drawback of rogue dps is buildup vs burst. Warriors burst a target and have some buildup but they can generally get on a target and just pump out 1 k dps no problem. It's the same for druid who don't use finishers or cooldowns they can just get on a target and dps. If either of them get cced or run from the boss they can charge back in and dps at full potential again. Stormcallers have a bit more complicated of a rotation and while their st and especially aoe dps is off the charts they actually put a fair amount of effort into their rotation.

A NB has to build up fiery spikes to 3 stacks without just casing it 3 times as well as use a very specific optimal rotation to achieve competitive dps numbers. Losing focus for a moment such as not applying a spike after SoD results in huge dps loss. Macroing too much of your rotation also causes dps loss if the cds on your 2 cp abilities are not timed correctly.

I don't find any of this difficult and the main idea is we do very competitive dps. We are very effective. We are not an LOL deeps class like some others which I dont mind. If that is really what you want roll cleric or something. It does bother me some they out dps us at the dummy with one button...

Just my 2 cents

He who conquers the left side rules the world

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Durak View Post
    empowered shot and deadeye shot are dps losses unless you have hit and run going

you need to move them to separate buttons/macros
    Since, they will only fire off if I have the energy. It means the only time I will fire empowered shot over everything else is at the very beginning of the fight or during any period in which we are sitting around. You will notice that improved hit and run will be fired off before deadeye for 50% energy reduction. Then after that point I just need to make sure to fire off my finishers at 45 energy instead of waiting til I hit 60.

At the very beginning of the fight I will probably empowered shot, but that isn't really a bad thing that gives my tank 1.5 seconds to get threat on the target I am about to hit.
    Tsarin - Sunrest (PVP-RP) - Eth DPS Cleric (50) - Static

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast