+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestion for bard pvp?

Telaran

Default Suggestion for bard pvp?

Hiya all, i'm currently 4 levels away from 50. My question is i'm thinking about playing bard in warfronts to grind up the prestiege ranks, are there any good builds out there? Also, i'm not much of a macro person, i mostly use keybinds however, with all the motifs and such it would be more helpful just to throw them all in box. Thanks for the help/advice!

Go MM, and kill some peeps, you will avoid much stress doing that!
    ============ The Bard Soul Need A Total Rework! ============
    How to Make Bards More Fun! - Active Motifs vs. Passive Motifs.
    Bards Mechanics, Why They Are Lame - A Featured article on Rift Junkie discussing the Bard.
    The Bard as Pure Support - A 25+ page Thread on the role of Support and how it hold back Bards.
    Support/DPS Bard Prototype Soul - A prototype good Bard that would belong in the Rogue calling.

A GOOD Saboteur Prototype Soul Tree! - No need for Nerfs!!

This is the bard build I use for WFs. I'm not bard expert, but I just pretty much hit all the motifs and spam cadence, use the debuff attacks, and once in awhile I'll do the big area heal if I need too. Good for running back to your healers, mezzing anyone that needs to be taken out for 7 seconds, you can pretty much kill the fang carrier just by putting the rift prison on them too. Once their health gets to a certain point the fang will just take them out. Awesome since they can't be healed during this time.
    Briarqueue

Plane Walker

Bard is extremely painful in PvP in my opinion, but that's just my opinion.

Bard is very annoying to play. Its very slow, boring, you sit still a lot, but you aren't rewarded for it like other caster classes are. But, it has its place.
    Briarqueue

Soulwalker

Bard / Rifstalker is the way to go. The suggestion above is a good starting point. Another good spec is 34 Bard / 32 Riftstalker. Still get the mez plus you get memory recall which is very useful and gives you another blink for the absorb shield.

I wouldn't listen to these guys. I enjoy playing a support class and the Bard is a lot of fun when played correctly. If you are standing in one place playing cadence the whole time, then you are not playing the soul correctly.

As for your motifs, there is no way to macro them. The best you can do is create a macro which goes off 20 seconds later which privately reminds you to recast them.

The one issue I have with the Bard soul is that no matter what you do, you will always wind up on the low end for favor and prestige, but hey. It caps at rank 6 anyway. Can be a little frustrating when you are grinding it out.

Telaran

Thanks for all the advice guys! i will try it out with a few wf's pre 50 to get the hang of it, much appreciated

I agree that bard can be really boring. But I switch to mine anytime we lack heals.
    I use Bard/RS/Sab. Pretty good in Port Scion and church defense -- Heals for your people and adhesive bomb for slowing enemy carriers or enemy pursuers. Speed buff is nice. Also blast charge is good to have since you can't cadence people to death while moving. The two stuns are really helpful. Downside is the lack of pvp soul benefits.

+ Reply to Thread