Closed Thread

Thread: Best melee rogue build.

Soulwalker

Default Best melee rogue build.

Hi there fellow Rift players.
    I wanted to know what you think the best melee rogue build would be.
    Began playing rift last week and rolled a rogue, and since i am a ranged dps in all the mmo's i've played, i wanted to go melee, the build i have right now (( Nightstalker, assassin, and riftstalker ( for the endurance buff )) but it doesnt feel right somehow.

If anyone could help me out with this, it would be tottaly awesome ;).

Pre thanks

-Navion

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Navion View Post
    Hi there fellow Rift players.
    I wanted to know what you think the best melee rogue build would be.
    Began playing rift last week and rolled a rogue, and since i am a ranged dps in all the mmo's i've played, i wanted to go melee, the build i have right now (( Nightstalker, assassin, and riftstalker ( for the endurance buff )) but it doesnt feel right somehow.

If anyone could help me out with this, it would be tottaly awesome ;).

Pre thanks

-Navion
    Hi there,

I have always been a fan of rogues and always liked the ranged roles too but sometimes it is fun to go melee as it is very different to button mashing at the back of the bus lol.

NB/Sin/RS is what I found to be a great melee spec too. I max out NB and the rest fills into Sin, RS is just for the port. Do you play PvE or PvP. I am PvE person but i read the NB/RS is great and also Sin/RS 21 into Sin gets u perma invis and u can up runspeed while invis.

in NB/Sin take the abilities that increase damage and buff up the NB stuff, after about 20 into NB u will be using 2 NB blade buffs and not the assassin ones unless u want life leech for solo. Either way for PvP I think the least u want from RS is the health regen for unspent points.

Not a lot of info here but some great builds to get an idea http://riftroguebuilds.com/

Rift Disciple

Forgot to mention the perma invis from Sin is great for solo/questing and the ranged incap from NB is pretty awesome too for solo and dungeons u can incap the mages and let tank pull all the melee mobs lol.

I've played NB since launch and it's y preferred main soul for PVE and PVP. It's a NB/RS build for the most part and I like it for it's damage, survival and burst. The burst comes from skills in RS that buff crit and damage after Phase Shifting.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by mkultra55 View Post
    I've played NB since launch and it's y preferred main soul for PVE and PVP. It's a NB/RS build for the most part and I like it for it's damage, survival and burst. The burst comes from skills in RS that buff crit and damage after Phase Shifting.
    Hmm i didnt think of using RS in that sense might make a 2nd role to try this out.

I find it very usefull at times to have the 2nd incap from assassin.
    Last edited by kaco; 04-25-2011 at 11:16 AM.

Closed Thread