+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Assasin got so much useless things !!Add new ones trion!!

Lightbulb Assasin got so much useless things !!Add new ones trion!!

IF u look at assassin tree u will see many useless abilities like

Enduring brew
    Elusiveness
    Leeching poison
    Debilitating poison

And many more and in all the rogue souls u will find thing that u dont use in pvp or pve.

Trion should put in assassin tree things that are usable like, healing debuf ,mana burn,intrerupt and maybe some defensive skills.
    Trion with new useful abilities players will got for 51 points in assassin but for now,in 1.2 ,the buff for assassins are jost bad jokes :/

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post

Enduring brew
    Elusiveness
    Leeching poison
    Debilitating poison

And many more and in all the rogue souls u will find thing that u dont use in pvp or pve.

Trion should put in assassin tree things that are usable like, healing debuf ,mana burn,intrerupt and maybe some defensive skills.
    Trion with new useful abilities players will got for 51 points in assassin but for now,in 1.2 ,the buff for assassins are jost bad jokes :/
    Elusiveness is extremely useful.

Assassin really does not need any buffs in 1.2, they are already fine. The only people having trouble killing as Assassin are bad players.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Yoggg View Post
    Elusiveness is extremely useful.

Assassin really does not need any buffs in 1.2, they are already fine. The only people having trouble killing as Assassin are bad players.
    False. The numbers have shown, consistently, that Assassin damage is subpar to other DPS specs. The incoming buffs are needed and should help to put Assassins at the proper level.

Also I get very tired of hearing people refer to other people as "bad players". Could you define "bad player" for me please? During my WoW days I would typically consider someone "bad" if they didn't have a good grasp on the other classes' mechanics. It's of utmost importance to understand all the cooldowns of your opposition and the general playstyle of those specs. With the hundreds of possible specs and playstyles available in Rift at this time can you claim to have a thorough understanding of your opposition? Of course you can't. The game has not yet been out two months and most everyone is still learning.

To the OPs point, I can agree with you on Enduring Brew and Leeching Poison. Enduring Brew is something I originally talented and have since gotten rid of because of its uselessness. Leeching Poison has mild situational use such as, say, when attempting to solo an elite daily quest or when doing some PvE in situations where there is weak but consistent AoE damage but I have never once used Leeching Poison in PvP and I very seldom use it in PvE. I have not gone far enough into Assassin to get Debilitating Poison so I can't comment on it but it seems like a good PvP poison at first glance. In agreement with the above poster, Elusiveness is very useful albeit a bit clunky (such a short CD and short duration - I'd like to see it moved to a longer CD but longer duration to allow for more situational usage instead of practically spamming it any time you are near enemies).
    Last edited by Synovia; 04-25-2011 at 06:37 AM.

someone doesn't know how to play their class.

One: I love the souls and options for all the trees, it gives something most mmo's and games in general don't have OPTIONS!
    Two: the past 3 patches as far as I can tell (looking at every patch note before playing seeing if anything is done to assassins) they have not been changed, and not sure about you but I can wreck in pve and pvp as full 51 assassin, 5 ranger, 10 nightblade.
    Three: enduring brew gives you a way to heal yourself if your close to death and so is the person your fighting, elusiveness is the best ability for running into a group of guardian (or defiant if your a fruit cake guardian) and sapping them or one shotting some poor sucker with 1k hp left. Leeching poison heals you.. a lot.. 65ish hp on a 20% chance to hit (procs a ton with duel daggers) adds up fast and will give you a huge edge if you don't have a healer handy. Debilitating poison 25% more cost on mana/energy for abilities... nuff said..

The point of an assassin is to single target kill something dead and then back off and do it again. Your not a warrior, your not playing wow, your playing a class that is designed to kill single targets fast. The point of Rift is to have options.. Use them. This isn't wow where one build trumps all, this is a game about options... Thats why it is full of so much WIN!
    It goes to 11

Quote Originally Posted by synovia View Post
    also i get very tired of hearing people refer to other people as "bad players". Could you define "bad player" for me please? During my wow days i would typically consider someone "bad" if they didn't have a good grasp on the other classes' mechanics. It's of utmost importance to understand all the cooldowns of your opposition and the general playstyle of those specs. With the hundreds of possible specs and playstyles available in rift at this time can you claim to have a thorough understanding of your opposition? Of course you can't.
    full of win! <3
    It goes to 11

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Synovia View Post
    False. The numbers have shown, consistently, that Assassin damage is subpar to other DPS specs. The incoming buffs are needed and should help to put Assassins at the proper level.
    I should've made myself clear, I'm arguing from a PvP standpoint. I'd agree that Sin could use some love in PvE, but they're doing fine in PvP.

Also I get very tired of hearing people refer to other people as "bad players". Could you define "bad player" for me please? During my WoW days I would typically consider someone "bad" if they didn't have a good grasp on the other classes' mechanics. It's of utmost importance to understand all the cooldowns of your opposition and the general playstyle of those specs. With the hundreds of possible specs and playstyles available in Rift at this time can you claim to have a thorough understanding of your opposition? Of course you can't. The game has not yet been out two months and most everyone is still learning.
    I don't expect everyone to have a thorough understanding of every classes skill set, but they should have an understanding of their own classes skills, and know of certain things to expect.

To the OPs point, I can agree with you on Enduring Brew and Leeching Poison. Enduring Brew is something I originally talented and have since gotten rid of because of its uselessness. Leeching Poison has mild situational use such as, say, when attempting to solo an elite daily quest or when doing some PvE in situations where there is weak but consistent AoE damage but I have never once used Leeching Poison in PvP and I very seldom use it in PvE. I have not gone far enough into Assassin to get Debilitating Poison so I can't comment on it but it seems like a good PvP poison at first glance. In agreement with the above poster, Elusiveness is very useful albeit a bit clunky (such a short CD and short duration - I'd like to see it moved to a longer CD but longer duration to allow for more situational usage instead of practically spamming it any time you are near enemies).
    A couple useless skills does not justify buffs. Try and find me a talent tree from any class that has 0 useless skills.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post

Enduring brew
    Elusiveness
    Leeching poison
    Debilitating poison

Those things aren't bad.

Enduring Brew is fine for PvP. Its burst healing on a Rogue DPS class, i.e. something no other rogue dpsers get.

Elusiveness is great, for both PvE and PvP.

Leeching poison, as another heal, is great for solo PvE.

Debilatating poision is awesome for PvP. It increases the cost of everything someone uses by 25%. On Rogues/Wars, this kills their generation, and for Mages/Clerics it effectively acts a mana burn.

Again ... stop thinking in single soul mentality! This game is designed around mixing souls to achieve desired results. Sure some of the choices may seem useless but there are tons of options to give you what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Mynts View Post
    someone doesn't know how to play their class.

One: I love the souls and options for all the trees, it gives something most mmo's and games in general don't have OPTIONS!
    Two: the past 3 patches as far as I can tell (looking at every patch note before playing seeing if anything is done to assassins) they have not been changed, and not sure about you but I can wreck in pve and pvp as full 51 assassin, 5 ranger, 10 nightblade.
    Three: enduring brew gives you a way to heal yourself if your close to death and so is the person your fighting, elusiveness is the best ability for running into a group of guardian (or defiant if your a fruit cake guardian) and sapping them or one shotting some poor sucker with 1k hp left. Leeching poison heals you.. a lot.. 65ish hp on a 20% chance to hit (procs a ton with duel daggers) adds up fast and will give you a huge edge if you don't have a healer handy. Debilitating poison 25% more cost on mana/energy for abilities... nuff said..

The point of an assassin is to single target kill something dead and then back off and do it again. Your not a warrior, your not playing wow, your playing a class that is designed to kill single targets fast. The point of Rift is to have options.. Use them. This isn't wow where one build trumps all, this is a game about options... Thats why it is full of so much WIN!

I can kill nothing nub if u got assassin alone 51 points like trion want .Im a top dawg that own in pvp ,but i own with other souls , i keep assassin only for bleeds and invis ...

You kids that know nothing about rank 3 + geared classes should **** and go hide ...

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Foofmonger View Post
    Those things aren't bad.

Enduring Brew is fine for PvP. Its burst healing on a Rogue DPS class, i.e. something no other rogue dpsers get.

Debilatating poision is awesome for PvP. It increases the cost of everything someone uses by 25%. On Rogues/Wars, this kills their generation, and for Mages/Clerics it effectively acts a mana burn.
    You sir dont play 51-Assasin.

Enduring Brew is the most sucky skill ever created from any MMO. Period.
    -You cannot even use it during Fear/Confuse/etc.
    -Who will want to use that before those skill ? 1- That will prevent you to go stealth
    -The net Result from that "healing" is 100 aka 1 auto-atk hit.

Leeching Poison at 51; Is sucky for pve and pvp. The leech dont trigger fast enough. ( with 1.8dag )

Debilatation is not so bad; But you have better skill then this one to use before that one.

And lol at people that reply l2p with 2post IN. ( Troll )

Since Beta I suggest Trion to remake Enduring Brew

Anyway,

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Foofmonger View Post
    Those things aren't bad.

are you kidding me? burst healing?

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by terferi View Post
    are you kidding me? burst healing?
    LoL. It bursts for a whole 450 damage last I checked! UBAR! So I can survive one extra tick of the massive DoT's that people drop on me. Oh wait, no I can't because it starts damaging me for everything it took from me right after...doh!

The worst skills are Poison Potency and Poison Mastery though. Wow, 10% extra chance to apply a poison that hardly does any damage, and then an extra 15% damage on almost nothing. Yippy!
    Last edited by Calo; 04-25-2011 at 11:24 PM.

Sword of Telara

yea guys enduring brew burst healing for insane 400 HP!
    and then poisons you for 300 HP! so you got 100 free hp man! be happy.

its not like a cleric can crit 6k heals....

Plane Touched

BTW, Enduring Brew DoT doesn't break stealth. Using the ability itself does, but if you use it then stealth the damage won't break it. (Unless of course I didn't notice my Hidden Veil popping when I tested this...)

That said, I think the heal itself could use a buff, maybe double it, turn the DoT into a Hot, but reduce incoming healing by 10% per stack, up to 5 times.

Deep spec Assassin is squishy with low mobility, something to boost survivability when Slip Away is on CD would be much appreciated.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by del'Vhar View Post
    BTW, Enduring Brew DoT doesn't break stealth. Using the ability itself does, but if you use it then stealth the damage won't break it. (Unless of course I didn't notice my Hidden Veil popping when I tested this...)

That said, I think the heal itself could use a buff, maybe double it, turn the DoT into a Hot, but reduce incoming healing by 10% per stack, up to 5 times.

Deep spec Assassin is squishy with low mobility, something to boost survivability when Slip Away is on CD would be much appreciated.
    it really doesn't break stealth

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast