+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Call Razorbeast: Rank 7???

Soulwalker

Default Call Razorbeast: Rank 7???

I'm currently at rank 6 call razorbeast on my ranger, im level 36 and my pet is only 30. Is there a rank 7 so my pet doesnt die every 2 seconds?

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by schoolsterz View Post
    I'm currently at rank 6 call razorbeast on my ranger, im level 36 and my pet is only 30. Is there a rank 7 so my pet doesnt die every 2 seconds?
    no,you must get another pet

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Nodisplay View Post
    no,you must get another pet
    How do i go about doing that? Put more points in ranger?

Champion

yep the razorbeast will cap out at level 30, beyond that you must put points into the ranger soul until you unlock the greater razorbeast move.

This goes for the wolf as well, he'll cap at late 30's and requires the greater direwolf ability to go higher.

Just for clarification: its 22 points in ranger to unlock the higher wolf and 24 points in ranger to unlock the higher pig.

Its so you dont get to level to 50 and have a level 50 pet for no points spent in the pets soul, every other pet soul has the same thing (except possibly necromancer or beastmaster, not checked them out yet)
    Last edited by Dasorine; 04-25-2011 at 03:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by schoolsterz View Post
    How do i go about doing that? Put more points in ranger?
    Yep that is exactly it. You get call greater razorbeast once you have invested 24 points into ranger. Essentially its a game design by trion to prevent people from just taking the ranger soul and not investing any points in it but still having a tanking pet till they reach cap. You have to make a decision by that point to either spec deep into ranger to have a pet that follows you all the way to level cap, or just something there to help out with a bit of added damage.

Hope that helps,
    Arkreaver

Champion

one the pets a few levels lower than you it wont be contributing any meaningful damage either btw ark.

ran a dungeon with a 50 rogue that was using the low dire wolf... in the 5 hour run (dsm really sucks for trash) the pet had managed a total of 3,000 damage.

3000 damage over 5 hours of non stop fighting ><

+ Reply to Thread