+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Comedy Option Builds and Other Useless Hilarity

Plane Touched

Default Comedy Option Builds and Other Useless Hilarity

Remember those first days of Headstart or the Betas when you didn't have a clue? It all seemed just so promising then, didn't it? Where as now some are trying to eek out that last five or ten dps you can from the calling. Well... let's go back to those heady, free-wheeling days and talk about the most slap-*** ridiculous builds you've ever put together. You know, for fun and **** all else!

First on the list, one I liked to call 'The Viet Cong':

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...kzo.EVMbEd0z0o

32 Riftstalker, 34 Sab. Why? Why the **** not!?!

I'd been somewhat reticent to test the Saboteur soul... cuz let's face it, it was some ludicrously gooby nonsense and some of us like a challenge. Anyways, I finally bit the bullet and decided to have a go. As I'm lazy and generally can't be arsed to read half the crap you ladies write, I went in completely blind eventhough I'm sure there were numerous guides kicking about at the time.

You know what happens when you don't aim for an 'optimal build'? Joy happens. I'm fully willing to concede that the only reason I killed anyone with this spec was due to Sabs being disgustingly OP, but hey, if someone hands you a ticket might as well ride the train, right? Took me three warfronts before I even realized I had bombs. Anyways, between the shifts and Memory Capture I'd zip and zoop around the battlefield blowing up people to hell and back being the biggest, cheapest wanker you can imagine. Felt like a bloody terrorist. Good times, man, good times.

Next up, the 'Classic D&D Ranger Build'

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...VRcxofoz.E0z0z

27 Ranger/27 Sin/12 Bladedancer... that's right, a poor man's Beastmaster.

I have to admit, this one was moderately useful. You could burn through mobs in seconds with the pig, while railing off 1700 Final Blow crits in quest greens. The entire concept was based around... well... the classic D&D Ranger. Dual-wield, poisons, hiding in plain sight and an animal companion, it pretty much fit the bill. Could not kill a damn thing in pvp but holy **** could I run away from pre-1.1 Champs... and run I did! Escape Artist into Foul Play followed up by a Sprint is probably one of the best 'Get Out of Jail' cards this game has in it.

Sometimes I think there's a way to make this or one somewhat similar work in the expert dungeons... mebbe with 12 in Nightblade perhaps, but having never been inside an expert dungeons it's absolute conjecture, at best.

Last up... 'I am a Mutha****in Ninja!' aka 'The Steven Heck'

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...cbo.xbdAzsoo0d

22 Sin/16 Riftstalker/28 Bladedancer

Just an absolute joy to play. Between Flash and the teleports it is honestly like being a ninja... if you're willing to forgo the whole 'ninjas kill stuff' thing. As with the previous build, I kinda get the feeling this one could also 'work' provided you were able to match it with some fairly potent gear... but if you had potent gear other specs would work even better, so the point is moot. There's just something so awesome about always being up in someone's **** regardless of how many snares, roots and stuns they throw at you!

I'm not sure many will get the joke but the build pretty much needs the following macro:

/cast Shadow Stalk
    /s Hey buddy, you like them tv cooking shows?

Always a good time!

Anyways, if you've got a cool but ultimately useless spec, share it! For those of you thinking of posting the 'worst build you can think of'... the one you're currently using is actually worse so don't bother. This is all about the lulz in game, not on zam.

Kindest Regards,
    Muz
    Last edited by food; 04-08-2011 at 03:59 AM.

dmv

For a comedy build see: My signature.
    Like all bad ideas, it seemed like a good idea at the time.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

a rogue.

ba-dum tsk

dmv

I see what you did there.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

+ Reply to Thread