+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 50

Thread: Reeeeally? yah! Pyro Mages again!

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser Elewyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    350

    Default Reeeeally? yah! Pyro Mages again!

    Im not one to complain *cough*
    but seriously, last night, one Mage SQL, yeah i named him so what!

    hits like a ****ing truck! seriously 6k non crit? 4k average fireball?
    this guy was 2 and 3 shotting people all over the place, its not right, its not balanced!

    id love to see his gear, cos im betting my last ******** hes in T2 gear and doesnt use pvp gear!! and if thats the case why the hell can 1 class be allowed to hit that hard whilst retaining 30% dmg reduction and being un ccable while using "ground of skill"

    im usually quite upbeat about pvp being rank 3 and all, but this was just stupid.
    warriors i can kite, mages that 1 shot me i cannot!

    not cool trion, not cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Oh, yeah, how dare we cite to something that is more accurate than Britannica.
    "Seebs, on Wikipedia's Accuracy"

  2. #2
    Rift Master Solbranthius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    675

    Default

    There's a buff in warfronts that allows a mage to get 100% extra damage, so that may be part of the problem. Though even without that buff, the damage output is ridiculous - especially if as a rogue I'm struggling to crit for half the damage any other class is capable of.

  3. #3
    dmv
    dmv is offline
    Champion of Telara dmv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    As for pvp, this seems to be a black garden isolated issue, because mages don't have to move often there. Keep in mind, at least from what I understand, pyro is garbage in pve(single target), and they generally have 3.5-4.5k hp.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

  4. #4
    aux
    aux is offline
    Ascendant aux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,306

    Default

    Take away GoS and his DPS drops by 75% because of all the stuns and silences going on. That's not balance either.

    6k non-crit and 4k average Fireball sounds like exploits might be involved, though.

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser Elewyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    Take away GoS and his DPS drops by 75% because of all the stuns and silences going on. That's not balance either.

    6k non-crit and 4k average Fireball sounds like exploits might be involved, though.

    that was my first call, and i have screenshots to prove the dmg, i just dont want to come over whiney!!
    ive never been hit that hard by any other mage, but this guy is serious damage! the whole WF was moaning about him, most calling him out as exploiting something! but with no proof its hard to pin down as what.

    i've submitted my combat logs to trion to look into, cos hes either cheating/exploiting or hes found something that is not intended and is abusing it big time, another guy was sayin he was hit twice in 3secs for 5k dmg each time, now asuming 1 was using fulminate all his build up is gone, its not physically possible to then hit for 5k dmg AGAIN with no build up time. surely not?
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Oh, yeah, how dare we cite to something that is more accurate than Britannica.
    "Seebs, on Wikipedia's Accuracy"

  6. #6
    Sov
    Sov is offline
    Telaran Sov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elewyth View Post
    that was my first call, and i have screenshots to prove the dmg, i just dont want to come over whiney!! ive never been hit that hard by any other mage, but this guy is serious damage! the whole WF was moaning about him, most calling him out as exploiting something! but with no proof its hard to pin down as what.

    i've submitted my combat logs to trion to look into, cos hes either cheating/exploiting or hes found something that is not intended and is abusing it big time, another guy was sayin he was hit twice in 3secs for 5k dmg each time, now asuming 1 was using fulminate all his build up is gone, its not physically possible to then hit for 5k dmg AGAIN with no build up time. surely not?
    Too late.

    Seriously there are enough of these threads going on. Did we really need another one?

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sov View Post
    Too late.

    Seriously there are enough of these threads going on. Did we really need another one?
    There is always one isn't there. No input to thread whatsover.

    Back on topic, there certainly sounds like something fishy going on, keep us updated on any response from Trion as this can't be right surely.
    Last edited by Demvaril; 04-08-2011 at 01:57 AM.

  8. #8
    dmv
    dmv is offline
    Champion of Telara dmv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    Usually when people do this in /50 I just link cleanse soul.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    179

    Default

    We just need Trion to make botting legal in WFs, so that every handicap would have a chance at their daily glory. If you get them atleast a kill per day, so that they wouldnt feel like complete scrubs then they most likely wouldnt care at all how many times they get oneshotted by pyros.
    Vinther/Vintr/Amerika/Bossmode

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple Araumos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sov View Post
    Too late.

    Seriously there are enough of these threads going on. Did we really need another one?
    well then be fair and let the guy speak. He contributes enough to our class section that he is allowed to vent. And seriously mages are really stupid right now. I play 51 point sin so now I only have one objective in BG and that is to kill the mages. Get a stealther and tell them to focus on the mage. Even with heals my bleeds and stuns are too much for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter View Post
    If it's not overpowered then it's complete garbage. amirite?!

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demvaril View Post
    There is always one isn't there. No input to thread whatsover.
    When a thread has no reason to exist when there are God knows how many already (and the OP knows that full well) there's no reason to provide input.
    Last edited by Kerin; 04-08-2011 at 03:47 AM.

  12. #12
    Rift Chaser Elewyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhan1 View Post
    Ffs, stop going with pve specs in pvp
    sigh.... go away pyro troll, enjoy your fotm spec while it lasts.

    im rank 3 pvp, using all pvp gear and the best pvp soul setup for Marksman possible.

    so shush...
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Oh, yeah, how dare we cite to something that is more accurate than Britannica.
    "Seebs, on Wikipedia's Accuracy"

  13. #13
    Plane Walker Vandrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tasmania
    Posts
    401

    Default

    no no but remember "mages are squishy we need to up their defensive capabilities and blanket buff the entire class because some souls are under preforming"

    TRION create a fully geared t1 mage and put him in a duel with a warrior. Now get the mage to 100 charge like any pyro would have after a few seconds of combat in a warfront, now proc their instant cast cinder burst get them to use it and immediately after hit fulminate. NOW tell me that it doesn't need a nerf

    and to any stupid mage coming into the rogue forums to post if you disagree that pyro is OP then please go to your kitchen get a normal butter knife and proceed to hack your own head off from the back to the front.
    Last edited by Vandrin; 04-08-2011 at 03:48 AM.

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Make pyromancer a melee soul and everything fixes by itself!
    Vinther/Vintr/Amerika/Bossmode

  15. #15
    Rift Chaser Elewyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmv View Post
    Usually when people do this in /50 I just link cleanse soul.
    and cleanse would help you against an 8k fireball how?
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Oh, yeah, how dare we cite to something that is more accurate than Britannica.
    "Seebs, on Wikipedia's Accuracy"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts