+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Assasin Multi-Purpose Spec (~500 DPS)

Telaran

Default Assasin Multi-Purpose Spec (~500 DPS)

So, I got tired of using the NB spec of the month and experimented a bit. I went back to my PvPish solo spec (Assasin - Blade Dancer) with some tweks towards more dps. I know its not its probably not the best DPS spec, but I dont have room for both melee and PvP specs as I do tank as well as bard from time to time.

Surprisingly, it is works (500DPS+ on dummy) with decent gear while self buffed. It falls slightly behind my previous NB spec but is a lot more survivable IMO. Sorry, I only had time to hit the dummy...

Obligatory Dummy Screen Shot

I have mostly T1 level gear, with a blue trinket/rings, Ive got 456 AP 520 Crit and 185 Hit. One thing I would change (Other than the blues) is that I'm using the Deathblood Dirk from IT Expert, just haven't found anything better...

Here are some macros I use:

#show Precision Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike

#show Flash of Steel
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Malicious Strike
    cast Maim
    cast Flash of Steel

#show Blinding Powder
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Foul Play
    cast Blinding Powder

#show Weapon Barrage
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Weapon Barrage
    cast Foul Play
    cast Blinding Powder

#show Blade Tempo
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Blade Tempo
    cast Poison Malice

Heres my rotation.

Expose Weakness > Jagged Strike > Precision Strike Macro to 5 Pts > Impale > Precision Srike Macro to 5 Pts. > Final Blow

Pros:
    • Decent Burst DPS (Malice/Tempo)
    • Slip Away (Agro Dump)
    • Chain Stun
    • Permanent Stealth
    • Small self-heal (Leeching Poison)

Cons:
    • Less HP than a full PvP build
    • Less DPS than a PvE build

Does anyone have some ideas/pointers for this?
    Last edited by monkeyleader; 04-08-2011 at 12:04 AM.

Telaran

I'm very noobish when it comes to macro, just started to get into this.

Can you explain your blinding macro?

Why do you have foul play and blind on the same macro? Or where is the error in my thinking:

Foul: is a stun, meaning if I use it, I will keep wailing on the player while he's stunned right? I use it to hopefully interrupt a heal cast or something like that, if I already have used my one silence ability.

Blind: is a mez, so I cannot dmg or it will be off again. So if I use blind, I make sure I use it on an add, or to get away or use those 10secs (or 8?) to do something else I need to. But I don't touch the player.

So if I just slam down that macro, it will stun if ready, or if not available, will mez the player. But I need to know which it will be beforehand, since I will disengage with one, but keep hitting hard with the other?

What am I missing?

Also, is there a way to macro:

stop hitting
    switch target (lilke pressing tab)
    mez
    switch to previous target (I know that one)
    continue hitting

==> I think I've read this somewhere, would be a great macro if a player gets help from a buddy that joins your fight.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Letter View Post
    Can you explain your blinding macro?
    Macros work by using the first available ability. So spamming a macro can use your CD based abilities in-line with your spammable abilities as well as choose between melee or ranged abilities.

My rational was that I want to be able to interrupt casting even if Weapon Barrage was on cool down. I feel that Blinding Powder is more valuable than Foul Play as it is usable at range.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyleader View Post
    Macros work by using the first available ability. So spamming a macro can use your CD based abilities in-line with your spammable abilities as well as choose between melee or ranged abilities.

My rational was that I want to be able to interrupt casting even if Weapon Barrage was on cool down. I feel that Blinding Powder is more valuable than Foul Play as it is usable at range.
    Oh no wait, your rational is then a different one! You use your macro like this:

If in close combat ==> foul play
    If out of close combat ==> blind

Right? cool.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Letter View Post
    Oh no wait, your rational is then a different one! You use your macro like this:

If in close combat ==> foul play
    If out of close combat ==> blind

Right? cool.
    Sorta, the Weapon Barrage macro was made to silence, and if not possible stun...

Rift Disciple

Why you testing your dps for pvp spec!? How much it does matters(none)?

If you played wow were you bg hero or over 2k arena rating player? (dont answer I know it already)

Why would you ever want a "Multi-Purpose Spec" in a game where you have 4 roles that can be switched in 2secs?

Rift Disciple

Why would you go for improved Final Blow when you go that far in BD and take Vivacity but then you skip Blade and Fury+Deadly Dance??? This is made with some random soul generator?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by MightyK View Post
    Why would you ever want a "Multi-Purpose Spec" in a game where you have 4 roles that can be switched in 2secs?
    As I've said my 3 other slots are taken by tank, ranged and bard roles. I play on a PvP server and don't like re-specing every damn day. Also, if I have to take the "Your dps is lower because you can do everything" line, I'm going to damn well do everything. There are 3 reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalak View Post
    Why would you go for improved Final Blow when you go that far in BD and take Vivacity but then you skip Blade and Fury+Deadly Dance??? This is made with some random soul generator?
    It's not random, but I'm not all knowing.

I took Improved Final Blow because it has the highest Burst damage of the finishers, in case im missing one and i took Vivacity because i assumed its would also mean an increase in regeneration speed. But im not sure about that one...

But you do make a valid point, there is some synergy between those points. I will try it out swapping vivacity/final blow for Blade and Fury/Deadly Dance..

+ Reply to Thread