+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: With the right setup, right gear, rogues can do good dps

Telaran

Default With the right setup, right gear, rogues can do good dps

Whether you choose to trust my parsing or not, I just want to get this out there.
    I play a ranger/marksman/nightblade spec atm and I have come to one conlusion when it comes to rogue dps. If we stack enough crit, we will outdps warriors. Juggee, my warrior guildmate has always outdpsed me by alot. But once our cleric went for a melee offhealing build with extra crit buff (not sure if it was crit but something made me crit like hell), I suddenly did above 1500 dps every try on second last boss in CC expert. That is more than a 100% increase in dps. This is the cleric spec I was talking about:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...oo.Exo00M#Tree

When your cleric went back to his main healingspec, my damage was reduced to around 600 dps.

Here is a screenshot of the parsing report from the fight we killed the boss:

http://img690.imageshack.us/i/20110406204254.jpg/

I think the problem lies with how AP works and how little stats contribute to dps. Crit is by far the superior stat for any class right now because a crit will always do significantly more dmg than hits, and normal hits barely benefit from stats at all. I mean, thanks for giving me 40 more dps from my 400+ AP. I think a complete rethink of how stats effect players needs to be done and adjust the whole game in relation to that. Needless to say, AP or SP should always be what people should go for when they want to increase their sustained dps, not crit.

Regards,
    Holmen
    Last edited by Holmen; 04-07-2011 at 10:06 PM.
    Kailyn - Rogue
    Riftstalker - Bladedancer - Infiltrator/Assassin
    Marksman - Assassin - Nightblade
    PvP: Marksman - Assassin - Infiltrator

Member of <Precision> on Imperium EU
    http://precision-guild.net/

Plane Walker

Couple things wrong here. With 0 crit you would do under 600, let's say 500 or so. With 100% crit you would only do 1.5(crit multiplier)*500=750. There is no way for crit to account for a 150% increase in damage. Also your raid dps says 2000ish but the additive dps of your members is far above that. So either there is a bug in your parser or you photo-shopped it, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though.

Banned

2089 total raid DPS - 749 - 295 - 293 - 182 - 134 =/= 1537

Telaran

I believe my parser was incorrect. Actually, my own dps on the parser overlay showed 1700 dps. We all know that parsers are a bit inaccurate, but if it shows 1700 dps, in either way, the actual dps is way higher than I would have expected from a rogue atm. I really dunno what is causing this dps increase, but as soon as our healer switches back to full healing spec I go down to normal levels again. Any thoughts?
    Kailyn - Rogue

That's pretty funny dude. its funny because with out the right gear warriors can almost double that.
    Briarqueue

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Holmen View Post
    I believe my parser was incorrect. Actually, my own dps on the parser overlay showed 1700 dps. We all know that parsers are a bit inaccurate, but if it shows 1700 dps, in either way, the actual dps is way higher than I would have expected from a rogue atm. I really dunno what is causing this dps increase, but as soon as our healer switches back to full healing spec I go down to normal levels again. Any thoughts?
    Obviously YOUR dps was wrong in the parser, not the raid dps. As I explained above, more crit cannot give you a 150% increase in dps.

Koe

You did not pull 1500 DPS, and no rogue build has ever done that single target.

Telaran

Then I guess the parser bugs out when we play with that setup, because it shows 1500+ every single bossfight where I can stand still and nuke 90% of the time. God I wish Trion would just allow addons already, so we can properly monitor performance. I want to believe these numbers, but I have only managed to get them with the ranger spec and that group setup. All the other souls' dps still suck. I tried marksman on the same fight and I was only doing about 550 dps. But then again, you cannot trust the parser so I think I will probably stop using it until we get more reliable tools to measure performance.
    Kailyn - Rogue

Telaran

Then I guess the parser bugs out when we play with that setup, because it shows 1500+ every single bossfight where I can stand still and nuke 90% of the time. God I wish Trion would just allow addons already, so we can properly monitor performance. I want to believe these numbers, but I have only managed to get them with the ranger spec and that group setup. All the other souls' dps still suck. I tried marksman on the same fight and I was only doing about 550 dps. But then again, you cannot trust the parser so I think I will probably stop using it until we get more reliable tools to measure performance.
    Why would it suddenly be properly monitarable through an addon? So you can see the peaks? No one cares about peak damage (Or should care, I guess you do), its all about avarage damage over the entire (boss) fight. Nothing beats a combat log parser for that.
    Your parser is just badly coded, same can happen with an addon. Beeing able to code ingame addons does not mean bad programmers dissapear
    Last edited by Tuned_Beats; 04-07-2011 at 11:25 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Tuned_Beats View Post
    Why would it suddenly be properly monitarable through an addon? So you can see the peaks? No one cares about peak damage (Or should care, I guess you do), its all about avarage damage over the entire (boss) fight. Nothing beats a combat log parser for that.
    Your parser is just badly coded, same can happen with an addon. Beeing able to code ingame addons does not mean bad programmers dissapear
    The dps is measured through a whole bossfight. I just mean that Recount in wow almost never bugged out. There was always a consistency in the dps, which gradually got better with gear.

Why would you assume it's from peak dmg? I am a mmo veteran and I know what counts. Maybe the export of the report bugged or something. Because, as I said, what I pasted in chat didnt match with what the parser said. Still, it was close enough so I didn't care. It was still freaking high.
    Kailyn - Rogue

Koe

The dps is measured through a whole bossfight. I just mean that Recount in wow almost never bugged out. There was always a consistency in the dps, which gradually got better with gear.

Why would you assume it's from peak dmg? I am a mmo veteran and I know what counts. Maybe the export of the report bugged or something. Because, as I said, what I pasted in chat didnt match with what the parser said. Still, it was close enough so I didn't care. It was still freaking high.
    You were no where near 1.5k dps as a ranger, and not even 1k single target.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    You did not pull 1500 DPS, and no rogue build has ever done that single target.
    My highest spike at raids is close to 1700. With throwing all my CDs at damage race phases. Sustained ist more like 900 non aoe. My current spec is 41NB,19Assa,6Ranger i think.

And pls consider that most parsings at the forums dont say much. You need to know the conditions and buffs. How much ae was there etc. I know Warriors and Mages are most times on top. But when it counts I am no. 1. Over the complete raid including all trash I was no. 3. With single target all the time, only 1 mage and 1 warri above me but the aoed a lot at trash pulls.
    This was my 1st time in the greenscale so the others hat big advantages knowing the encounters. Next time I will rock even more!

Every time I read the forums I start to think my class sucks. But it doesnt. You just need to know how to spec and play. Most important how to spec. Rogues need some love but we do not suck so bad. Forums are just full of whiners.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Jithak View Post
    My highest spike at raids is close to 1700. With throwing all my CDs at damage race phases. Sustained ist more like 900 non aoe. My current spec is 41NB,19Assa,6Ranger i think.
    Popping what for 1.7k? Ebon Fury doesn't do it.

And pls consider that most parsings at the forums dont say much. You need to know the conditions and buffs. How much ae was there etc. I know Warriors and Mages are most times on top. But when it counts I am no. 1. Over the complete raid including all trash I was no. 3. With single target all the time, only 1 mage and 1 warri above me but the aoed a lot at trash pulls.
    This was my 1st time in the greenscale so the others hat big advantages knowing the encounters. Next time I will rock even more!

Every time I read the forums I start to think my class sucks. But it doesnt. You just need to know how to spec and play. Most important how to spec. Rogues need some love but we do not suck so bad. Forums are just full of whiners.

I've done all content in the game besides GS himself. I know what I parse, and my guild parses. Melee rogues are fine, ranged rogues need work. People pulling numbers out of nowhere, like Dmv, need work too.

dmv

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    Popping what for 1.7k? Ebon Fury doesn't do it.

I've done all content in the game besides GS himself. I know what I parse, and my guild parses. Melee rogues are fine, ranged rogues need work. People pulling numbers out of nowhere, like Dmv, need work too.
    Hey look, I got a shout out.

No, but in all seriousness, I doubt a 1.7k spike is possible. At least with that build, I imagine a blast charge could do that in the first 2 seconds of a raid, then sure.
    Also, I'd appreciate if you didn't patronize someone trying to raise rogue general morale.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

Telaran

There was no AoE, what the hell, as I said I know what counts, which is single target dps. The boss I parsed was a pure dps race. The ones who have played expert CC knows who I am talking about.

My highest AoE dps has been well over 2200 dps.
    Kailyn - Rogue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast