+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Riftstalkter Issue

Plane Touched

Default Riftstalkter Issue

Not sure where to post this cause it doesnt seem to matter. No devs respond and there's no place to post bugs?? Am I wrong?

When you carry the flag as a Riftstalker and you planeshift: "Sometimes" the flag just arbitrarily is lost.

I also noticed that sometimes you are no longer where your body is showing and you have to plan shift again in order to get back to where you can attack things and be attacked.

I assume the second issue is causing the first issue.

If this has been covered, I apologize, but I dont read each and every forum post and dont really care to search.

Quote Originally Posted by Neith View Post
    Not sure where to post this cause it doesnt seem to matter. No devs respond and there's no place to post bugs?? Am I wrong?

When you carry the flag as a Riftstalker and you planeshift: "Sometimes" the flag just arbitrarily is lost.

I also noticed that sometimes you are no longer where your body is showing and you have to plan shift again in order to get back to where you can attack things and be attacked.

I assume the second issue is causing the first issue.

If this has been covered, I apologize, but I dont read each and every forum post and dont really care to search.
    Some phase shifts force drop the flag I believe now. I noticed it consistently with Flashback/Memory Capture in Steppes but never happened on Black Garden. Not sure which do it and which do not, but it probably had something to do with the fact that a properly specced RS could get across the field in lightning speed, especially if the speed ball was up mid field.

As for the 2nd issue, can you be a bit more descriptive? I've shifted into awkward terrain a few times and fallen through the world or gotten myself stuck, but never just out in the open. Not sure if this is what you're talking about as when I get stuck like that I have to shift again a few times to fix the problem (if my unstuck button isn't available that is).
    General Tank Theorycrafting: Have numbers? Post them up!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...eturns-and-You!

Plane Touched

I cant actually. It just shows me running like normal, but when I get close to someone and swing or do any action it says "Too far away" like my character isnt there. I phase shift again and viola, Im in like Flynn.

To be honest, Im loving the class. Horrible damage, not very good at anything but running and tanking, but its a fun class to play. Warriors still take me out pretty easily, but its fun regardless.

I originally made the RS for the Whitestepps though. Had I know that the running class couldnt run, I honestly wouldnt have made one.

I guess Ill go back to Nightblade. It ends up being way more favor to do more damage than it does to drop the flag everytime I shift. LOL

Kind of ridonkulous though if you ask me. But thanks. I didnt know it was intentional. They could specify that somewhere when you make a class:

"Can not do this or that while carrying flag"

Something to let us know we are useless.

Rift Chaser

I believe the shifting and not being where you shifted to, is related to the fix they put in place to prevent us falling through the world.

For instance, if you shift and would of fallen through the world, it does some strange kind of check, normal mobs can see where you WOULD of shifted to, you yourself, see where you shifted to, but other players see you as if you had not even shifted at all.

Doing another shift, re-sends your position information to players.

Sword of Telara

Does no one bother reading patch notes? sheesh!

* The Battle for Port Scion, Whitefall Steppes: Using Riftstalker's Flashback will cause you to drop the Sourcestone.
    * The Battle for Port Scion: Stealth abilities no longer work when carrying Sourcestone.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Liper View Post
    Does no one bother reading patch notes? sheesh!
    Because one person equates to "no one"

Fasc already answered that part of the question.

I guess "no one" bothers reading replies.

Sword of Telara

Guess you don't understand what you read?

This is all targeted at OP clearly, and clearly I'm providing a qoute from the patch notes that help clarify what he missed from simply not reading things that appear WHEN YOU LOG IN

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ethernia View Post
    Because one person equates to "no one"

Fasc already answered that part of the question.

I guess "no one" bothers reading replies.
    Should a player have to do research on the forums or the patch notes to play a game?

Hell, id rather not read anything. Id rather just play and let them game show me what its about.

To have a skill and not specifically say in-game that it wont work with a fang is sort of ridiculous. For any of you to think that I should spend hours reading **** to play obviously have nothing better to do. Id rather play the game or read forums and respond to people rather than spend my time reading rules and how each and everything works.

I know some people need to do this to be good, but I dont

Should a player have to do research on the forums or the patch notes to play a game?

Hell, id rather not read anything. Id rather just play and let them game show me what its about.

To have a skill and not specifically say in-game that it wont work with a fang is sort of ridiculous.
    Patch Notes are right there when you log in, that's about as in-game as you can get.

For any of you to think that I should spend hours reading **** to play obviously have nothing better to do. Id rather play the game or read forums and respond to people rather than spend my time reading rules and how each and everything works.

I know some people need to do this to be good, but I dont
    Actually, it takes about 5 seconds to scroll through a set of patch notes, see what it says in General about Rogues and of anything you're specifically interested in. Literally that's all it takes. No one is expecting you to read a load of anything but for crying out loud you're acting like the information is only contained in a textbook a master's student could understand.

Don't get defensive when people scoff at the idea of basic information that is clearly presented is ignored and you ask on here. It would be one thing if you completely missed that patch and 2-4 weeks later come back going "Huh?" but you posted almost immediately after the change.

Sorry kid but what you claim you want, is already in place, and you missed it.

EDIT: And if you were really concerned about anything being up or changed, there is an entire forum page dedicated to every patch/hotfix that has come out to date. You take an extended leave and wonder why your talents look different or don't have this skill, rather than cry on here about something, take the SAME AMOUNT OF TIME you would posting and instead scroll through 2-3 sets of notes. Chances are you'll find your answer in no time.
    Last edited by Fasc; 04-17-2011 at 09:53 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Fasc View Post
    Patch Notes are right there when you log in, that's about as in-game as you can get.

Actually, it takes about 5 seconds to scroll through a set of patch notes, see what it says in General about Rogues and of anything you're specifically interested in. Literally that's all it takes. No one is expecting you to read a load of anything but for crying out loud you're acting like the information is only contained in a textbook a master's student could understand.

Don't get defensive when people scoff at the idea of basic information that is clearly presented is ignored and you ask on here. It would be one thing if you completely missed that patch and 2-4 weeks later come back going "Huh?" but you posted almost immediately after the change.

Sorry kid but what you claim you want, is already in place, and you missed it.

EDIT: And if you were really concerned about anything being up or changed, there is an entire forum page dedicated to every patch/hotfix that has come out to date. You take an extended leave and wonder why your talents look different or don't have this skill, rather than cry on here about something, take the SAME AMOUNT OF TIME you would posting and instead scroll through 2-3 sets of notes. Chances are you'll find your answer in no time.
    **** you.

I pay to play, not read.

**** you.

I pay to play, not read.
    Then expect to be surprised at every change and rage when your favorite stuff goes by the wayside or is nerfed or buffed or whatever.

Not anyone's problem you refuse to read the instructions that are clearly presented. I guess you also bought a TV to watch it and not to read a booklet on how to set it up? Do you go crying to Best Buy that information wasn't clearly presented when you hooked it up and it didn't work?

Kids these days...
    Last edited by Fasc; 04-18-2011 at 06:59 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Fasc View Post
    Then expect to be surprised at every change and rage when your favorite stuff goes by the wayside or is nerfed or buffed or whatever.

Not anyone's problem you refuse to read the instructions that are clearly presented. I guess you also bought a TV to watch it and not to read a booklet on how to set it up? Do you go crying to Best Buy that information wasn't clearly presented when you hooked it up and it didn't work?

Kids these days...
    Again, **** you. Literally.

My money, my time. You can sit around reading all day. I wont. Id rather give my money to another company. I have no qualms with it.

Funny how cocky people are on the net. It really shows you to be a very strong manly man.

pfft...

Nothing but a *****

Rift Disciple

Funny how cocky people are on the net.
    I lol'd

/10char
    Rxa
    Riftstalker Tank
    Officer of <Element Zero> on Belmont

Again, **** you. Literally.
    No thanks, I'm straight.

My money, my time. You can sit around reading all day. I wont. Id rather give my money to another company. I have no qualms with it.
    And you'll be disappointed there too because... ya know that's pretty much how every company does change logs. They either don't post anything and you're left scratching your head or they post up patch notes and let you know that way. You choosing to not take advantage of the very tools designed to answer your questions doesn't entitle to act with any sort of righteous indignation, you're just an idiot if you do. /shrug

Funny how cocky people are on the net. It really shows you to be a very strong manly man.

pfft...

Nothing but a *****
    Quick teleport here really quick so I can tell you the EXACT SAME THING in person!

Although this statement is quite ironic. Big man, using nasty curse words, so mature... /guffaw

But seriously, I would love to tell you the same thing point blank. It is quite amusing to see the reaction people give you when they ask a stupid question and you answer in exactly the way they don't want to hear. inb4 "I'd beat you up cuz I'm 7 foot 250 lbs of pure muscle ex-NFL linebacker blah blah"

It is all there, you don't want to read (apparently that's some waste of time or strenuous amount of effort) and would rather spend your time yelling at me impotently over the internet to go <expletive> myself. You work awfully hard to keep from working...
    Last edited by Fasc; 04-18-2011 at 01:04 PM.

**** you.

I pay to play, not read.
    then go play, and stop making us read your forum posts...

+ Reply to Thread