+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need HELP!! with PvP - I am useless:)

Default Need HELP!! with PvP - I am useless:)

Hi,

I am looking for constructive advice, I have played these MMO's for years and never really got to grips with World PvP so feel I am ribbish at it although I like the attempt's I do, but now is getting frustrating and just want to improve somehow. Any good people out there can advise me.......

I am looking for advice and tips for World PvP, I am level 49 mainly using a heavy Assassin build and have always tried to kill people of similar level to me if I see them about. But even though I get the 1st attack while stealthed, normally using paralyze strike as opener, I must only win about 30-40% of the fights I go in 1v1 if I am lucky. Everytime I am attacking them I do some damage but then they heal and I seem to be back to square one, even people 2-3 levels below me kill me

Are Warlocks really good as I seem to encounter these alot and they wipe me out, just when I have got a good opener on them and then re-stunned them for another combo, they just seem to heal and then I am dead.....whats that all about

I also find that I seem to lose my mouse pointer when fighting so when I wanna do foul play or something i have delay finding it. guess I need to set this to a keybind?

Really would like tips on how people set themselves up on the keyboard, keybinds, combo's, macro's etc and also number of bars you use (screenshot would be nice if you wanna pm me it.) I am right handed so use the WASD keys and mouse in right hand.

Would be quite happy for some PM's aswel so maybe can ask you some questions that might arise from this and going forward.

Thanks in advance

It is just the same for me the only good kills i got is in warfronts on dmged players from range with marksman build . Open world pvp not good cause i`m attacked when using pve spec and can`t get out of stuns . Not much world pvp succes with my rogue just menaged to kill some players that was attacking me when i fighted a mob.

Rift Disciple

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...etoVictory.jpg

Any self-healing class is going to give you serious problems. If you're looking for 1v1 fights, I'd roll something else, chloro or some kind of face-rolling warrior who can self heal to 100% every 10 mins. Nightblade 32 point ability is a big help (-50% heals), this can also give you an opener that silences too.

The biggest boost to survivability I've found is getting to rank 2 and then using the infiltrator tree to get the -50% damage for 4 seconds after you've been stunned. This alone made me say "wow" out loud to the increase in survivability in WFs.

To be honest, I'm not sure the stun opener is really worth it, I'd think Jagged Strike would be a bigger gain in opening burst dps, but I'm not a big fan of pvp assassins so what do I know?
    Last edited by Nyah; 04-08-2011 at 01:42 AM.

Jagged strike, Puncture, Impale --> Slip away.
    Watch him die, if he try to heal open again with Paralyzing, backstab x2, final blow. You can Foul play now (only 2 sec, DR) and he must be dead or nearly. Also you have Blinding Power for interrupt even with the bleeds rolling.

Hope it helps, Sin is almost God mode for open PVP. Keep hunting and you will be unbeatable eventually.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Your a sin. Your strength comes from your stealth opener/bleeds and stuns. The ONLY way you are going to beat a cleric is if you outwit him. Unfortunately, thats just how Trion made it. Keep jagged strike and impale up at all times. Make sure your using macros for Savage/puncture/backstab.

My general rotation is:
    stealth
    jagged strike
    foul play
    poison malice(at this point they are spamming their blinks or w key so they can run)
    malicious strike(not anymore )
    puncture
    impale
    savage strike/backstab spam(keep strafing)
    final blow if needed.

Use slip away to get another stun in when needed. Pick up Bladedancer for sidesteps if possible. Use blinding power and poison malice as much as possible.

~hope this helps
    i can also give you my macros if you need em
    Last edited by Raiga; 04-08-2011 at 02:37 AM.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Soulwalker

The only ones that should give you serious trouble with a full sin build are healers as you are lacking tools to counter the heals (NB is much better here).

Opening with para strike it not the best choice, Jagged is usually better as it does a lot of damage (I assume you have +20% dmg for openers, +50% cirt and + 8 sec for Jagged strike, puncture and Impale specced).

Jagged strike -> puncture -> 5 combo Impale -> Foul play -> Backstabs
    This is how I used to open when still running a sin build. Worked pretty well, Slip away can be used if necessary to use another opener.

Champion of Telara

I am just repeating what a lot of other people said but, warlocks are good at 1v1 especially against melee rogues. Their warlock armor is probably going to **** you.

Dont open with your stun unless you are in some kind of melee train and even then I might not.

Plane Touched

ok i'm only late 30's so not end game stuff but...

playing sin mostly.

i love world pvp, seem to get targetted in WF as i'm an easy kill.

My advice...

pick the right targets. Dont go for paladins

ditch the initial stun in replace of assasinate (i think it is) which is a massive hit and gives 3 combo

I take on clothies and others and usual take them down with initial attack, a stun and slip away then back to finish...obviously if they get heals in i struggle but my idea is hit them fast so they dont have time to do much.

My fights are short, if i dont kill quick i bail or die

Rift Disciple

You use "rotations" in pvp - fail by default.

Learn to adapt, think outside of the box and most importantly KNOW YOU ABILITIES + CHAR!

If you go and google for a "rogue rotation" and post QQ threads on forums coz you cant gank people then you should indeed reconsider if pvp is for you at all.
    Vinther/Vintr/Amerika/Bossmode

dmv

Quote Originally Posted by Nyah View Post
    http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...etoVictory.jpg

Any self-healing class is going to give you serious problems. If you're looking for 1v1 fights, I'd roll something else, chloro or some kind of face-rolling warrior who can self heal to 100% every 10 mins. Nightblade 32 point ability is a big help (-50% heals), this can also give you an opener that silences too.

The biggest boost to survivability I've found is getting to rank 2 and then using the infiltrator tree to get the -50% damage for 4 seconds after you've been stunned. This alone made me say "wow" out loud to the increase in survivability in WFs.

To be honest, I'm not sure the stun opener is really worth it, I'd think Jagged Strike would be a bigger gain in opening burst dps, but I'm not a big fan of pvp assassins so what do I know?
    Thank you. That chart is amazing.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Cramen View Post
    You use "rotations" in pvp - fail by default.

Learn to adapt, think outside of the box and most importantly KNOW YOU ABILITIES + CHAR!

If you go and google for a "rogue rotation" and post QQ threads on forums coz you cant gank people then you should indeed reconsider if pvp is for you at all.
    You don't have a general rotation that you tweak for different situations o.O? Jeez you must pop out of stealth with a savage strike then.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Rift Disciple

The only rotation you ever need is to macro your off-GCD activatables on your main combo point building skills and thats all. Rest is totally situation dependant:P
    Vinther/Vintr/Amerika/Bossmode

Quote Originally Posted by acko View Post
    Hi,

I am looking for constructive advice, I have played these MMO's for years and never really got to grips with World PvP so feel I am ribbish at it although I like the attempt's I do, but now is getting frustrating and just want to improve somehow. Any good people out there can advise me.......

I am looking for advice and tips for World PvP, I am level 49 mainly using a heavy Assassin build and have always tried to kill people of similar level to me if I see them about. But even though I get the 1st attack while stealthed, normally using paralyze strike as opener, I must only win about 30-40% of the fights I go in 1v1 if I am lucky. Everytime I am attacking them I do some damage but then they heal and I seem to be back to square one, even people 2-3 levels below me kill me

Are Warlocks really good as I seem to encounter these alot and they wipe me out, just when I have got a good opener on them and then re-stunned them for another combo, they just seem to heal and then I am dead.....whats that all about

I also find that I seem to lose my mouse pointer when fighting so when I wanna do foul play or something i have delay finding it. guess I need to set this to a keybind?

Really would like tips on how people set themselves up on the keyboard, keybinds, combo's, macro's etc and also number of bars you use (screenshot would be nice if you wanna pm me it.) I am right handed so use the WASD keys and mouse in right hand.

Would be quite happy for some PM's aswel so maybe can ask you some questions that might arise from this and going forward.

Thanks in advance
    It's tricky untill you get the hang of it. Mainly focus's on your opener, start with a paralize, puncture, impalle, malicious strike. Then your 2 sec stun 2 more backstabs. By now if he's a healer he's probly gonnna try and cast a heal, USE BLINDING POWDER as an intrupt! puncture reaply impale. Probly be about time to slip away and rinse repeat only go for a big hit finisher over impale n hope you kill him. if not try n cc/snare him n run for the hills. if he's a tank let your bleeds do the work jump him, stun lock, stakc bleeds get outa melee range. get back in to reaply bleeds n slip awaya wait for his HP to drop low enough u can finish him. Tricky but dont give up!

I've had a great experience in PVP running NB/Rift, i fnd the rift adds survivability and the nb adds great damage with a couple ranged attacks.

Telaran

33 NB / 33 Assn. So far my best "assassin" style spec I've found. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...dbR.Vhtouog0ks

Jagged Strike > Puncture (Stun with Foul Play usually at this point) > Impale
    Dusk Strike > 3x Combo ability as needed (Twilight Force if running for snare etc) > SoD
    Dusk to Dawn > Finisher as situation requires (Flame Thrust if running etc)

This usually burns anyone not getting very focused heals. The damage really starts to ramp up when using dusk to dawn as it does nice damage in itself combined with Impale still ticking and SoD running.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast