+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3 Viable builds?

Default 3 Viable builds?

Posting this more as a rant of frustration to get my anger out then anything else for i know TRION are doing absolutely nothing about how gimped rogues are at the moment which i personally find disgusting service. Carrying on, any well equipped Rogue at level 50 t1/t2 knows there are really only 2-3 MAIN Viable builds for PvE and PvP.

You can try and say that Riftstalker is a viable build but then again if your saying that you obviously haven't entered DD/DM T2 dungeons as one, Keeping aggro is almost impossible. With further Adieu i present to you the only 3 souls in use from the obsolete rogue calling.

PvP - Nightblade or Assassin (Ganking build) as a main Role.
    PvE - Nightblade or Bard

Oh and in before L2P your class etc, anyone who isn't rolling NB/Assassin in PvP or Nightblade/bard in PvE has some seriously class playing issues.
    Last edited by Dhboy123; 04-07-2011 at 04:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaalith View Post
    Hello rogues, look at your dps. Now back to mine, now back at your dps, now back to mine.
    Sadly it isn't like mine. But if you stopped playing a broken class and rerolled as a mage yours could feel like mine.
    Look down, back up. Where are you? You're respawning. Everything is possible when you're a bright wizard. I'm on a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhboy123 View Post
    You can try and say that Riftstalker is a viable build but then again if your saying that you obviously haven't entered DD/DM T2 dungeons as one, Keeping aggro is almost impossible.
    Ive entered DD and DSM plenty of times as riftstalker and have had 0 threat issues RS/BD/RNG, you sir are doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkkoming View Post
    0 threat issues RS/BD/RNG
    first of all running RS/BD/RNG is a fail tank spec, second of all you are lying through your teeth as RS aggro only produces threat to 4 mobs and most places there are more then 4, lets also not forget it has a large cool down period.
    Last edited by Dhboy123; 04-07-2011 at 04:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaalith View Post
    Hello rogues, look at your dps. Now back to mine, now back at your dps, now back to mine.
    Sadly it isn't like mine. But if you stopped playing a broken class and rerolled as a mage yours could feel like mine.
    Look down, back up. Where are you? You're respawning. Everything is possible when you're a bright wizard. I'm on a horse.

Soulwalker

Look at the parses of Greenscale fights where RS Main tanks are taking less damage than equally geared warriors and then tell me RS is not viable! Having an RS tank on every 20 man is just an extra tool in the tool box.

I agree that we are limited by build options but so is every other class at the moment in some way.
    <Titan>
    Multi-Game Online Community
    Raid Leader and Emotional Support ;)
    EU Blightweald PvE

PvE - Nightblade or Bard

Oh and in before L2P your class etc, anyone who isn't rolling NB/Assassin in PvP or Nightblade/bard in PvE has some seriously class playing issues.
    Marksman in PvP does better then Assassin, atleast in warfronts. World PvP is a different story...but who the **** cares about world pvp in this game anyway?

I wonder why a lot of rogue havent yet figured out that actually a Marksman can be up there with pyros on killing blows and Damage done (no, im not talking about spamming AoE to pump up damage, SINGLE TARGET damage.)
    Last edited by Atreiu; 04-07-2011 at 06:27 PM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

first of all running RS/BD/RNG is a fail tank spec, second of all you are lying through your teeth as RS aggro only produces threat to 4 mobs and most places there are more then 4, lets also not forget it has a large cool down period.
    What's the max number of targets the AOE taunt can hit? Is it really only four? O_O
    Last edited by xarael; 04-07-2011 at 06:33 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by xarael View Post
    What's the max number of targets the AOE taunt can hit? Is it really only four? O_O
    Planar Attraction is 5 mobs while rift disturbance and shadow blitz can hit 10 targets.

AKA the dude doesn't really know what he's talking about..
    Last edited by Tool of Society; 04-07-2011 at 09:30 PM.

Shadowlander

Posting this more as a rant of frustration to get my anger out then anything else for i know TRION are doing absolutely nothing about how gimped rogues are at the moment which i personally find disgusting service. Carrying on, any well equipped Rogue at level 50 t1/t2 knows there are really only 2-3 MAIN Viable builds for PvE and PvP.

You can try and say that Riftstalker is a viable build but then again if your saying that you obviously haven't entered DD/DM T2 dungeons as one, Keeping aggro is almost impossible. With further Adieu i present to you the only 3 souls in use from the obsolete rogue calling.

PvE - Nightblade or Bard

RS tanks are fine with threat and mitigation in all current tiers of content (51/8/7 rs rng bard), if you can't make the soul work maybe it's a problem you have to address as a player, please don't sprout misinformation, although i do agree with you about the status of our dps/utility roles (while competitive it's better to bring another archtype)
    Method, Level 50 Riftstalker Rogue
    <First Generation>
    Server First 5/5 Greenscale's Blight
    Server First 1/5 RoS - Dayblind

Shadowlander

I agree on your soul choice but not with RS tanking DD/DSM. Maybe you are not using your abilities on CD and rotating fishing moves or forgetting GS? I'm not saying a warrior doesn't pull from me every now and then but 90% of the time they are not attacking the same target as me. Its a minor occasional inconvenience but I'd rather deal with it then sit around waiting for a 'viable' tank.

Rift Chaser

Not much to read here, just another OP that doesn't know what they are talking about.

/sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Atreiu View Post
    Marksman in PvP does better then Assassin, atleast in warfronts. World PvP is a different story...but who the **** cares about world pvp in this game anyway?

I wonder why a lot of rogue havent yet figured out that actually a Marksman can be up there with pyros on killing blows and Damage done (no, im not talking about spamming AoE to pump up damage, SINGLE TARGET damage.)
    Why'd you have to go and say that. Now I won't be a special marksman anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dink View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    go play a fps pvp in mmorpgs did nothing but bring out the worst in the cummunity
    In one post, you've managed to bring out the worst in capitalization, punctuation and spelling.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kammera View Post
    I agree on your soul choice but not with RS tanking DD/DSM. Maybe you are not using your abilities on CD and rotating fishing moves or forgetting GS? I'm not saying a warrior doesn't pull from me every now and then but 90% of the time they are not attacking the same target as me. Its a minor occasional inconvenience but I'd rather deal with it then sit around waiting for a 'viable' tank.
    Indeed almost all my problems stem from warriors attacking 2 instead of 1....

+ Reply to Thread