+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: which one is the best tank rogue build ?

Soulwalker

Default which one is the best tank rogue build ?

Hi, I hit 50 on my rogue using bard or sab, but never been as tank I want to know which class combinantion is the best rogue tank for PVE.

Thanks

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

51 RS and then 8/7 bard, bd, or ranger in any combination of your choosing is the traditional spec.

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

Hmm, I'm not sure what's best at 50, but here's my lvl 39/40 rogue tank build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...xctIhq0RzoM.xz
    Last edited by xarael; 04-07-2011 at 02:44 PM.

There shouldn't be any BEST Tank build, if there was one, it means that the soul system is not working as expected. I guess starting with 51 points in Riftstalker is a good start, then it all depend on you and your encounters.
    ============ The Bard Soul Need A Total Rework! ============
    How to Make Bards More Fun! - Active Motifs vs. Passive Motifs.
    Bards Mechanics, Why They Are Lame - A Featured article on Rift Junkie discussing the Bard.
    The Bard as Pure Support - A 25+ page Thread on the role of Support and how it hold back Bards.
    Support/DPS Bard Prototype Soul - A prototype good Bard that would belong in the Rogue calling.

A GOOD Saboteur Prototype Soul Tree! - No need for Nerfs!!

Quote Originally Posted by StealthStalker View Post
    51 RS and then 8/7 bard, bd, or ranger in any combination of your choosing is the traditional spec.
    yea- but for a starting tank without a full tanking set i would recommend doing the 8 ranger 7 bard cause you'll get more health to cushion the fights for your healers. As you kit out a tanking set the BD may be more your style but the 8rng/7bard has better mitigation which will help as you get used your rotation and managin agro as a RS tank.

Quote Originally Posted by ControlBlue View Post
    There shouldn't be any BEST Tank build, if there was one, it means that the soul system is not working as expected. I guess starting with 51 points in Riftstalker is a good start, then it all depend on you and your encounters.

Well, I hang on the plane phase abilities to get the defense and damage bonuses, which is nice, but that means I have to setup the pull just right to use the plane phase. After that, I can pull up guarded steel and keep up with the taunts/attacks. Rarely do I ever lose aggro.

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    yea- but for a starting tank without a full tanking set i would recommend doing the 8 ranger 7 bard cause you'll get more health to cushion the fights for your healers. As you kit out a tanking set the BD may be more your style but the 8rng/7bard has better mitigation which will help as you get used your rotation and managin agro as a RS tank.
    Good advice for sure.

I've never actually experimented with the ranger, and just stuck with bd/bard from the get go.

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

Soulwalker

thanks a lot guys

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ControlBlue View Post
    Of course there is a best, its a game based on numbers and formulas, no matter how many souls you have there will be a best.

Soulwalker

Already a great post covering all of this;

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-Mechanics-2.0
    <Titan>
    Multi-Game Online Community
    Raid Leader and Emotional Support ;)
    EU Blightweald PvE

If your putting 51 points in RS you are only hurting yourself. That is way too many points wasted on dps skills.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Exania View Post
    If your putting 51 points in RS you are only hurting yourself. That is way too many points wasted on dps skills.
    Except that every point in RS is also 1% End and 0.5% flat mitigation, of course.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

Champion

Best RS Tank build is 51 RS/8 BD/7 Ranger. Really!

Actually, spend the last 15 points anywhere between Bladedancer, Ranger, and Bard. Your choice.

Builds that go less than 51 RS are less generically useful, I find. If the fight is dead easy on survivability and you need some other utility, then sure you can look into whatever else you want. I wouldn't go below 51 RS for much, though.
    Last edited by Lucubration; 04-08-2011 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthStalker View Post
    this, for t1s i really suggest bard AND ranger for 15% more hp since at that lvl you are only dying because of lack of hp, for t2+ you really have to get 8 bladedancer for the 10% avoidance and higher threat finishers.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Exania View Post
    if you are NOT putting 51 points in RS you have not set foot in a t1 or t2 as a tank, OR you have and are fully geared and have pro healers and dps. otherwise you will die over and over.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast