+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard soloability ?

Rift Disciple

Default Bard soloability ?

Are they good soloer ? I dont expect them to be anything like clerics but are they any good ?

Also anyone have a good sugestion of soul to pair with bard for level grinding ?

I was thinking bard/NB/Sin maybe ?

Bard/Ranger make a good pair.

I too would like information on Rogue combinations, but not the level 50 specs.

I am simply looking for a good leveling build. Where should points be prioritized?
    Level 15, Level 21, Level 26, et
    Go forth and do, just blogging about it is the same as inaction.

Champion of Telara

No, they are not good solo. You can solo with them and live sure, but in the time it takes to kill 1 mob, you could have killed 3 with a good spec.

They are a support class, so consider it to be like getting in your best healing spec as a cleric, and then going out to solo dps mobs.

Ascendant

They're not a good solo soul in terms of speed of moving through mobs. dps is far far too low, though survivability is pretty good.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by PWNPlayer View Post
    I too would like information on Rogue combinations, but not the level 50 specs.

I am simply looking for a good leveling build. Where should points be prioritized?
    Level 15, Level 21, Level 26, et
    This one of the reason I'm not yet a huge Rift fan yet. I don't feel this game offer all of the "freedom" the creator claimed so loud. Yeah sure as "leather user" I can spec for tanking,damage dealing, healing, supporting. But speccing ranger/x/x for leveling isn,t the same as if I could sue a "bard soloing spec" wich is the class I want to be ATM.

I mean its like my void knightm since they suk at soloing I speced reaver, Yeah I can solo liek their is no tomorow, but I don,t playt he class I wanted to be at first. In this maner I feel like Rift have one of the worst flexibility.

Anyway thanks for the reply everyone.
    Last edited by Varlak; 04-07-2011 at 02:50 PM.

horrible damage but pretty unkillable in PVE. go kill some elite quests with half in ranger for the tanking pet.
    anything else would be better for soloing quest stuff though.
    THE TRANSITION TO REAL LIFE
    PVP:I joined the military to snipe some punks but everyone cries too much when i team kill.>_<
    PVE:so I decided to go hunting, which was pretty fun till i accidentally right clicked a critter, freaking little girl wouldn't stop crying about her cat.
    Crafting:bug report: fix the wood nodes! they aren't sparkly so i cant find them!

I leveled 1-50 as a Bard- it's actually really trivial to kill 5+ mobs at once once you get Coda of Fury since you basically can't die using Cadence as CP builder with Motif of Regen running.
    We tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing, and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while at the same time producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.

How does a Bard fare at taking down elites?

Quote Originally Posted by Varlak View Post
    This one of the reason I'm not yet a huge Rift fan yet. I don't feel this game offer all of the "freedom" the creator claimed so loud. Yeah sure as "leather user" I can spec for tanking,damage dealing, healing, supporting. But speccing ranger/x/x for leveling isn,t the same as if I could sue a "bard soloing spec" wich is the class I want to be ATM.

I mean its like my void knightm since they suk at soloing I speced reaver, Yeah I can solo liek their is no tomorow, but I don,t playt he class I wanted to be at first. In this maner I feel like Rift have one of the worst flexibility.

Anyway thanks for the reply everyone.
    I get what you are saying...but it don't comprae to trying the same as holy priest or resto druid...from wow.

Rift Disciple

Really a terrible soul for leveling. People will tell you that they can take down eight mobs at a time, but they are doing it in twice the time it would take a Bladedancer or Ranger to kill three groups of three.

On top of killing slowly, you're only using the same three abilities over and over and over and over.

+ Reply to Thread