+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to improve Riftstalker soul

Default How to improve Riftstalker soul

• Make improved riftguard give a flat 10% increase in mitigation and 17.5% increase in damage absorbed
      Change guardian phase, the root ability to increase mitigation by 5% and to increase endurance by 45%
      Move Improved guardian phase into the root abilities requiring 32 points into the tree and have it give 15% more endurance and 5% more mitigation while in guardian phase
      Move flashback and memory capture to 16 pts
      Move stalker phase up to 18 pts
      Buff improved rift barrier increase the damage it mitigates by 5%
      Put Defer Death in the branches where improved guardian phase was
      Slide planar attraction down to defer death's old root slot and slide scatter the shadow's down to planar attraction's old spot
      New 51 pt root ability that reduces the cooldown of planar attraction, scatter the shadows, and planar refuge by 30 secs.
      Planar switch a passive ability
      Phantom blow and rift disturbance switch spots

The most prominent problem is the riftstalker soul can be replaced with a single ability that says "51 pt ability that allows you to tank" there is not customization with the soul, you spend 51 pts in it, you get everything in it, there are no "ifs" "ands" or "buts" about it. There are two major contributors to this problem, the improved riftguard talent and the improved guardian stance talent. Both require you to spend 51 pts to get the most out of them, and the entire tree revolves around the two when you do. A rogue tank is nothing without improved riftguard and improved guardian. If it wasn't for these two talents, there would be no valid reason to spend more then 27 pts in the tree.

How to make it so these talents not only don't require everyone to spend 51 points in the tree, but require everyone to even get these talents? make improved riftguard give a flat 10% increase in mitigation and 17.5% increase in damage absorbed that you get immediatly after spending points into the tree. Change guardian phase, the root ability to increase mitigation by 5% and to increase endurance by 45%. Then move Improved guardian phase into the root abilities requiring 32 points into the tree and have it give 15% more endurance and 5% more mitigation while in guardian phase. To make room for new root ability, move flashback and memory capture to 16 pts (lets early tanks get used to the playstyle at low lvls) and then move stalker phase up to 18 pts to be on same pt as guardian phase.

So far i've made all the raw mitigation and endurance that everyone needs in the guardian phase require 32 pts into the tree instead of the 51 it used to and have significantly reduced the need to spend the pts into riftguard and improved riftguard. But riftguard is still a must, even with the nerf, its still 10% more mitigation then rift barrier (25% to 15%); so i would buff improved rift barrier; in addition to having it absorb all types of damage, i'd increase the damage it mitigates by 5%. Ok, so now theres a clear advantage to using rift guard over barrier, but rift guard is no longer a must, mission accomplished.

There is still some problems with the tree. Not much of a reason to spend more the 32 pts into it atm. Defer Death is a fairly situational ability and is in no way a root ability, so i'd put it in the branches where i took improved guardian phase. High up so people not interested in tanking won't get it, but still very easy to get if you want to as a tank. Then slide planar attraction down to defer death's old root slot and slide scatter the shadow's down to planar attraction's old spot. Then make a new 51 pt root ability that reduces the cooldown of planar attraction, scatter the shadows, and planar refuge by 30 secs.

Ok, so i made it so there are no must have talents, and i made the late root abilities a little more attractive. Still a couple problems. Planar switch makes aoe fights even more complicated with adding another button to press while holding aggro, so i would make planar switch a passive ability with the same effect. Then phantom blow is a root ability and is pretty must have, so i would have phantom blow and rift disturbance switch spots.
    the beatings will continue until morale improves

Rift Disciple

Or better yet ignore all that and give riftstalkers a damage boost. Our biggest issue is how little dps we do compared to the other tank souls. Granted we don't have to be equal but I can't see that our abilities warrant the vast difference in dps that currently exists. There are several ways to do it so other souls could not take advantage of it. (adjust guardian phase, adjust planar strike, things dps souls won't touch).

After that is done wait a couple of weeks and see if the threat problems (ae mostly) many riftstalkers are having are taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyveth View Post
    Or better yet ignore all that and give riftstalkers a damage boost. Our biggest issue is how little dps we do compared to the other tank souls. Granted we don't have to be equal but I can't see that our abilities warrant the vast difference in dps that currently exists. There are several ways to do it so other souls could not take advantage of it. (adjust guardian phase, adjust planar strike, things dps souls won't touch).

After that is done wait a couple of weeks and see if the threat problems (ae mostly) many riftstalkers are having are taken care of.
    i have never had threat problems ae or single and my friend that has done all but the last boss of greenscale has never had threat problems as a rogue. There are no threat problems with the tank role as a rogue. I have had an easier time holding aggro in rift then any other tank i've rolled in any other mmo.
    Last edited by Atavax; 04-07-2011 at 01:20 PM.
    the beatings will continue until morale improves

+ Reply to Thread