+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trion Drop Bard

Default Trion Drop Bard

So everyone will stop asking dps rogues to bard.

Telaran

I hate it when people ask my Bard Rogue to dps.

Especially when there's a capable Mage in the group who can Chloro. What is it with people and Bards anyway?
    Sayaka the Heartless <Vanguard> | Assassin/Ranger/Bard | Guardian of Deepstrike (PvP)

Champion of Telara

most people would prefer to DPS than anything else. If you have a tank and healer in your group willing to carry your *** through a dungeon it wont kill you to play a bard.

I tank sometimes even though I would prefer to DPS and probably do it better than the people in my group. So no one cares about you wanting to play the game the way you want to play it. If I am willing to do whatever it takes to get a group to be successful I expect people I play with to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahrken View Post
    most people would prefer to DPS than anything else. If you have a tank and healer in your group willing to carry your *** through a dungeon it wont kill you to play a bard.

I tank sometimes even though I would prefer to DPS and probably do it better than the people in my group. So no one cares about you wanting to play the game the way you want to play it. If I am willing to do whatever it takes to get a group to be successful I expect people I play with to do the same.
    Some of us hate to heal, or play healers, so maybe you tell me to spec bard one day i will and let you die for ****s and giggles. Ya lets see the tank and heals bring down the boss wo dps.

Fail and Stupid Thread, Bards are a great idea and a staple of fantasy games. Bard give you the option of doing more than dps, if you do not want to heal just say no to the people asking you to do it.

</thread>
    Last edited by ControlBlue; 04-07-2011 at 03:00 PM.
    ============ The Bard Soul Need A Total Rework! ============
    How to Make Bards More Fun! - Active Motifs vs. Passive Motifs.
    Bards Mechanics, Why They Are Lame - A Featured article on Rift Junkie discussing the Bard.
    The Bard as Pure Support - A 25+ page Thread on the role of Support and how it hold back Bards.
    Support/DPS Bard Prototype Soul - A prototype good Bard that would belong in the Rogue calling.

A GOOD Saboteur Prototype Soul Tree! - No need for Nerfs!!

From my experience, the Clerics on my server seem to very much dislike Chloro's and would prefer a Bard in the group.

When I asked several of them I tended to get a short remark of disgust.

Personally my groups runs with a Cleric and a Mage (Chloro), it allows the Tank to not have to bother with CC. Also the Archon buffs seem to be a lot nicer, being 5mins, rather then 30sec also help.

There are times however when the group make up will have to change and on some T2 Bosses I change to Bard and we have Chloro, Bard healing, or Cleric, Bard, or sometimes Cleric, Chloro and Bard.

That is the great thing about the game. It flexibility. Although I have a Bard spec and like it certainly for T2, Chloro, Cleric is far better then Cleric or Chloro and a Bard.

Weak healing (600-1.2k) and poor DPS make Bard a jack of all trade but good at none. Certainly increasing the healing and DPS to be on par with that of a Chloro would be nice and maybe the buffs to 1min durations, rather then 30sec.

Also some sort of musical res, that consumes energy and makes you tired (reducing energy regen for 2mins) would be helpful.
    Current Rift Progression: 20man - GSB 5/5, RoS 5/5, HK 1/11. 10man - GP 4/4, DH 4/4, RotP 1/4.

Shadowlander

why should my favorite Soul be removed just because you are too weak willed to say no?

Quote Originally Posted by Sayaka View Post
    Especially when there's a capable Mage in the group who can Chloro. What is it with people and Bards anyway?
    In a PvE 20 man raid 1, sometimes 2 bards are definitely worth it. When u are talking about that many people their buffs can make a difference more than about any other class. In 10 man it gets a little iffy though and in 5 man groups it's totally situational depending on the group set up. I

Quote Originally Posted by Haskeer View Post

That is the great thing about the game. It flexibility. Although I have a Bard spec and like it certainly for T2, Chloro, Cleric is far better then Cleric or Chloro and a Bard.

Weak healing (600-1.2k) and poor DPS make Bard a jack of all trade but good at none. Certainly increasing the healing and DPS to be on par with that of a Chloro would be nice and maybe the buffs to 1min durations, rather then 30sec.

Also some sort of musical res, that consumes energy and makes you tired (reducing energy regen for 2mins) would be helpful.
    We could definitively use a buff in the dps departement, that would justify us having such poor healing (which is understandable since we are not a healing soul), and buffing the motif is a necessity if they want Bards to enjoy the game!

I don't know about a rez as it would be a bit unfair to other mana souls, A BATTLE REZ on the other side would be truly interesting and fit the Support role!
    ============ The Bard Soul Need A Total Rework! ============
    How to Make Bards More Fun! - Active Motifs vs. Passive Motifs.
    Bards Mechanics, Why They Are Lame - A Featured article on Rift Junkie discussing the Bard.
    The Bard as Pure Support - A 25+ page Thread on the role of Support and how it hold back Bards.
    Support/DPS Bard Prototype Soul - A prototype good Bard that would belong in the Rogue calling.

A GOOD Saboteur Prototype Soul Tree! - No need for Nerfs!!

Voh

trion wont drop bard, its our only saving grace, if you took them out we'd never get invited to a group. The Thread name should be "Trion give rogues more viable souls".

Yes i know some people say "rogues are fine" but the truth of it is, if we would have rolled a mage or cleric we'd have better dps AND better heals. I could live without Motif of Encouragement and Verse of Vitality (to name a few).

Shadowlander

Yea not seeing a res and if there was it would be on a long cool down.

Nooo, I wuv the bards

<--Healing Cleric that prefers to have a bard besides him instead of Chloro for 90% of the fights, and definitely instead of another Cleric ^^

( would be nice if bards had a dispel for when I get randomly CCed )
    Last edited by Shaynaro; 04-08-2011 at 03:00 AM.

Rift Disciple

Trion, please get rid of assassin - you have accidently duplicated NB soul. Besides, assassins are useless for population:P
    Vinther/Vintr/Amerika/Bossmode

dmv

Quote Originally Posted by Cramen View Post
    Trion, please get rid of assassin - you have accidently duplicated NB soul. Besides, assassins are useless for population:P
    THAT, would make me re-roll. lol
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast