+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grinding (Farming) Build!

Default Grinding (Farming) Build!

I'm level 49 about to hit 50, during most of my questing I ran as BD/RS/SIN and it works great! Since im almost 50 and there's a few things I want to farm for, im trying to optomize my build!

Here's what im working with so far, having a hard time deciding between the two;

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...VzsMRMdz.0VRcb
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...VzsMRMdz.V0xMb

With the Sin build I gain;
    - Planar Refuge (More AoEing Time)
    - +5% Crit
    - Serrated Blades (DoT - Helps with AoE)
    - Puncture (Combo Building)
    - +4% Damage to Physical
    - +4% Damage for 10s on Crits
    - 2 Weapon Enchants

With the NB build I gain;
    - +15% Damage on Combos and Finishers
    - 1 Weapon Enchant (Increases Damage by 5%)
    - +2% Damage and 10% Reduced Damage Taken from Fire and Death
    - Weapon Flare (Better AoE? Haven't Tested)
    - Dark Malady (Great Opener Before Dancing Steel)
    - Dusk Strike (Combo Building)

-

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....0VMfx0b.VG0hz

That's what I use. It's pretty damn ridiculous.

I prefer more in Riftstalker tho.. You get Stalker Phase, 2 extra Warps (one's AoE), a better Barrier (no need to use combo points) and possibly an extra defensive cooldown.

Anyone else have suggestions on these builds? Forums moving fast today

Soulwalker

I just made my first aoe grind build yesterday. 20sin/20bd/20rs
    Went 20 into sin for leeching poison and 20 into rs for shadow blitz+ruthless stalker.

Im just 45 now, with lame gear and can aoe down about 4-6 werewolves and end the fight with full health from rift scavenger - without blowing cool downs.

I'm not sure how useful leeching poison was in keeping me alive; seemed to be a nearly constant tick of 73 hp. I'm going to swap sin for nb and take some points out of bd tonight.

Do you find Strike Back to be useful? I tried it at a lower level and was very disappointed with it. (tested with side step just to ensure i was dodging)

From nb, Scourge of Darkness - finisher where "Rogue's next 10 weapon attacks to deal additional Death damage": will this apply to AoE attacks?

Quote Originally Posted by Meats Tzar I View Post
    I just made my first aoe grind build yesterday. 20sin/20bd/20rs
    Went 20 into sin for leeching poison and 20 into rs for shadow blitz+ruthless stalker.

Im just 45 now, with lame gear and can aoe down about 4-6 werewolves and end the fight with full health from rift scavenger - without blowing cool downs.

I'm not sure how useful leeching poison was in keeping me alive; seemed to be a nearly constant tick of 73 hp. I'm going to swap sin for nb and take some points out of bd tonight.

Do you find Strike Back to be useful? I tried it at a lower level and was very disappointed with it. (tested with side step just to ensure i was dodging)

From nb, Scourge of Darkness - finisher where "Rogue's next 10 weapon attacks to deal additional Death damage": will this apply to AoE attacks?
    Strike Back rocks when you pop side step and are AoEing a big group. 31 in BD is a must, Dancing Steel is amazing, I can AoE a huuuge pack every 2 mins, which is really short while grinding (every third pull?)

Scourge of Darkness will work with AoE, but it only hits 10 times.. so 10 diffrent targets for 1 hit each.. its not worth it for AoE, it owns for single target burst.

If you just wabt to grind by yourself kills as many over a given time as possible then make a build with the ranger pet and Scourge of Darkness

You never stopp killing you just keep moving forward killing fast. Scourge will last through 2 mobs then you do one with out it - but it still dies fast.

Its much faster than any stealth build over time.
    Last edited by Ghoest9; 04-07-2011 at 02:17 PM.
    Wherever You Went - Here You Are

Goest on Sunrest

I kill red people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
    If you just wabt to grind by yourself kills as many over a given time as possible then make a build with the ranger pet and Scourge of Darkness

You never stopp killing you just keep moving forward killing fast. Scourge will last through 2 mobs then you do one with out it - but it still dies fast.

Its much faster than any stealth build over time.
    This is not a stealth build, it's an AoE/Grinding build. Much better then any ranger / pet build IMO

With Flash of Steel and my 4 teleports, this build never stops - ever.
    Last edited by SabreWolf; 04-07-2011 at 02:20 PM.

So anyone feel like commenting on the 2 builds I posted instead of posting their own builds? :P

McD
    Soulwalker

Best AOE rogue would be the sab, reroll sab

I mean honestly does no one read the OP? You cant possibly believe that sab would be better at AoE grinding then the above builds?

BD is great for leveling especially 30+ but once you hit 50 an get a couple of pieces of gear it's nothing godly for grinding. My issue with it is that the awesome AOEness happens once every 2 minutes.

Here's a build that is great for grinding, great for world PvP, will get you hot chicks and can solo elites:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...o.V0tMGoM.VI0h

Here's what you get:

Slip away
    Unlimited stealth
    NB AOE
    A ranged snare
    Ranged attack
    Sick damage

The problem with putting more points into RS is that while on paper, the amount of extra survivability you get seems good, it pales in comparison to crushing everything in your path so quickly that you don't need to survive long. This is something that I used to call damage to tankability ratio.

Here's some macros:

cast Backstab
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Savage Strike
    cast Twilight Force
    cast Fiery Spike

This will cast backstab when you're behind a mob, Dusk when it's up otherwise spam Savage Strike. If the mob is out of range you kite them and ranged attack them. Comes in handy in PvP when you screw up and let that mage get out of range.

Here's your AOE macro:

cast Fiery Chains
    cast Weapon Flare

Versus a BD build you give up that once every two minute aoe and gain a Swiss army knife of other stuff.

Tried out that build last night, while it's a good build for all around play (questing/pvp and such) my build is much better for straight up farming. I dont AoE only every 2 mins, I AoE every pull, just every 2 mins I can AoE a huge pull.

+ Reply to Thread