+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why no instruments?

Plane Walker

Default Why no instruments?

Well Trion, why no instruments? Lutes for damage, Drums for buffs, and pipes for healing. They would all benefit the bard across the board but specific stats towards their focus. Or make them self buffs that when you switch they increase affects accordingly but have a CD like 10-30 seconds and only 1 can be active at any time. Similar to how stealth works. Just wondering if any one else feels a little... cheated, i guess.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by SvnStrSlm View Post
    Well Trion, why no instruments? Lutes for damage, Drums for buffs, and pipes for healing. They would all benefit the bard across the board but specific stats towards their focus. Or make them self buffs that when you switch they increase affects accordingly but have a CD like 10-30 seconds and only 1 can be active at any time. Similar to how stealth works. Just wondering if any one else feels a little... cheated, i guess.
    I have to agree with this. I'm a level 50 bard and it would be sweet even to change the lute or flute graphics. Actually 5 minutes ago I finally got 25 lucky coins from all the artifacts I have finished. I bought the Lute thinking maybe it is a new graphic but nope it just plays the lute for like 7 seconds that is all. Pretty lame and a waste of 25 lucky coins.

Yea I feel cheated. Trions bard is just lacking. They need to up our dps just a bit as well. 20% run speed sucks it should be faster but oh well. Motif of Encouragement is worthless they should revamp it or take it out all together. Also with Fanfare of Knowlege and Fanfare of Power you can't give one out to the melee then give the casters the Knowledge. You have to LoS the casters for knowledge then go give melee the Power fanfare that sucks. Also 51 points in for a verse to give mana is a bit much imo. Why we don't have a motif for it is beyond me. It could replace the encouragement motif.

Other then that I do love my bard it is really all I wanted to play. Sure it is gimped out but oh well I love mine. It could use some changes but it gets the job done and at least people want us for dungeons so really we can't complain.
    Last edited by Dustfinder; 04-07-2011 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SvnStrSlm View Post
    THANK GOD there are no instruments as requirements for any of these.

They are part of the animation so be happy about that piece. Having extra slots taken up in inventory as a requirement for playing a specific soul would have been a very bad design decision.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Rykin View Post
    THANK GOD there are no instruments as requirements for any of these.

They are part of the animation so be happy about that piece. Having extra slots taken up in inventory as a requirement for playing a specific soul would have been a very bad design decision.
    I have never been pressed for item space so it never crosses my mind. But i suggested a buff/stance type mechanic as well.

Also to the post about I dont feel our 51 point ability is lack luster at best. I try to save it as an oh sh!t abilitie but it is pretty much sh!t. I have faith though that they will improve us as needed.

+ Reply to Thread