+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Bladesinger - or - A Return to Everquest's Bard

Telaran

Default The Bladesinger - or - A Return to Everquest's Bard

I've been a bard all of my teen-through-adult gaming life. I got used to being able to melee and twist songs, and that urge has never left me. I feel it's clunky and awkward to be plunking away from the back lines while "healing" and playing support. So I got to thinking, and this is what I came up with:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M... BD/0 Assassin

Please note; There are two flub points you can spend anywhere in Bard to get to 34. I don't care, you probably don't either. I took Efficiency over Culmination because each finisher will give you 60% of the energy you need for the following motif to be played, making it a pretty good deal and ideal spot to place a motif in your rotation.

This build requires GREAT situational awareness, and moving your buff bar to somewhere you can keep track of it like a hawk. You WILL be twisting. You WILL be busy. You WILL probably suck until you've got a few hours of this under your belt.

Before I get in to the basics of the rotation, I will tell you this straight up: This is neither great DPS, nor great HPS as compared to if you could spec one way or the other. But it's a good compromise and lots of fun. And that's all I care about. If you only care about min/maxing, stop reading, go away, please, leave no comments.

Your basic rotation looks like this:

1 CP
    2 CP
    3 CP
    5 CP (Precision Strike / Power Chord)
    Finisher
    Motif

Finishers: Cowardice, Restoration / Deadly Strike, Distress (if no other class present who can do it)
    Motif: Bravery, Focus, Regeneration, Tenacity, Grandeur, repeat.

It's a cascading priority system based on what you've already used, who is present, and what you need to do. It's best to have a LOT of hit, and to attack from the rear as much as possible, as dodges/misses will throw your timing off greatly. There's also the ability, if needed, to go range and heal a bit if it's a hairy situation.

Anyway, try it, comment back if you liked it or didn't like it. But all I know is? I'm a Selo's Accelerando short of being back in the glory days of Bardhood.
    Last edited by Korhallen; 04-07-2011 at 11:02 AM.

Telaran

I wanted to add, that the combo point builders are:

Keen Strke
    Quick Strike
    Keen Strike

Again!

Plane Walker

Sounds interesting. As long as motifs are as effective as possible i think the build should be fine as our healing isn't that great. I would like to see how it preforms on a boss battle or vs a 51 point bard.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by SvnStrSlm View Post
    Sounds interesting. As long as motifs are as effective as possible i think the build should be fine as our healing isn't that great. I would like to see how it preforms on a boss battle or vs a 51 point bard.
    Well, the main differences are that you don't have VoJ, or the 44 heal, and that you aren't casting Cadence at all. Otherwise your damage goes way up, comparatively.

+ Reply to Thread