+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newbie Bard Questions?

Default Newbie Bard Questions?

Been playing and enjoying Rift so far and I've been trying to do the research so as not to bother the forums but I've been having trouble finding a straight answer to a couple of questions.

Some of the songs base their damage off of weapon damage plus Life damage. Does that mean part of the damage is physical or is that just a factor for the calculation with the full damage counting as Life. I ask because I'm looking at taking Unstable State from Nightblade which only boosts non-physical damage.

Also I've seen it mentioned that only the damage of the weapon in the main hand counts for songs. Is this true or did I misunderstand what the person was saying.

Finally I've been putting all my points into Bard and Nightblade so far (aiming for 44 Bard/ 10-13 Nightblade) with Riftstalker rounding it out once I have the points in Nightblade. Meanwhile I was wondering what would be the best zero point third soul. (I've been trying Ranger for the pet pig but I'm playing on the RP server and it just doesn't seem like a Bard pet so sadly Fortissimo will be going to hog heaven).

Any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated.
    "Democracy is the worst form of government... except for every other that has ever been tried."
    Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Haturn View Post
    Some of the songs base their damage off of weapon damage plus Life damage. Does that mean part of the damage is physical or is that just a factor for the calculation with the full damage counting as Life. I ask because I'm looking at taking Unstable State from Nightblade which only boosts non-physical damage.
    It will be life damage meaning it's a non-physical which will be affected by Unstable State. I believe Fury, Wrath, and Cadence will be affected. Oh and Riff..

Also I've seen it mentioned that only the damage of the weapon in the main hand counts for songs. Is this true or did I misunderstand what the person was saying.
    I am not sure on this, but since you will be holding melee weapons (if you dont have ranger or mm soul), yes the weapon dmg will be based on your main hand.

Finally I've been putting all my points into Bard and Nightblade so far (aiming for 44 Bard/ 10-13 Nightblade) with Riftstalker rounding it out once I have the points in Nightblade. Meanwhile I was wondering what would be the best zero point third soul. (I've been trying Ranger for the pet pig but I'm playing on the RP server and it just doesn't seem like a Bard pet so sadly Fortissimo will be going to hog heaven).
    For 0 point souls... I'd recommend sab for the aoe snare.
    Last edited by Jabtangs; 04-07-2011 at 10:45 AM.

Thank you for the clarification on those points.
    "Democracy is the worst form of government... except for every other that has ever been tried."
    Winston Churchill

Soulwalker

And empty soul of riftstalker for the teleport forward is helpful when hopping mob to mob for kills... and running from others if you're a pvp shard.

+ Reply to Thread