+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Rogue -> Sin/NB/BD/RS -> Just looking for a bit of feedback

Soulwalker

Default New Rogue -> Sin/NB/BD/RS -> Just looking for a bit of feedback

Hey all, I'm currently only level 15, so not a whole lot matters at this point, but with all of the crying and such going on, I figured it would be a good idea to actually have a decent conversation. Were all rogues here, and I for one, enjoy myself, may it be because im not 50 or whatever, but the construction of rogues in this game interest me.

Moving on...I cant quite decide what appeals to me more, RS's seem cool, I mean if the movie "Jumper" doesnt jump out at you, then i dont know what, but it's a very cool concept. As far as actually playing it, it's a bit difficult to decide just what I want to use for leveling. NB is my main spec at the moment, and I gotta say, im loving the magic/assassin feel im getting. I mean, paired with RS, it's a very dynamic style of play that I enjoy, but theres just something missing it seems. The classic Sin tree looks a little more boring, but I want the poison so I have 2 points in it I believe for now.

What is everyone's opinion on a decent leveling spec? What do you all find fun? If you include your rotations or whatever I'll buy you a icecream

Random thoughts from a 50 Rogue ~

I actually used a bard up until the mid 30's, then I played an AOE Melee build consisting of Bladedancer/Riftstalker and here's why...

Rogues only get 2 heals, 13 points into riftstalker or 20 points into assassin to unlock leeching poisons. I chose RS since it's only 13 points.

With that setup in the mid 30's I went from 35-50 faster than I did 1-35.

Either way, if you're doing PvE stuff you would want either of those healing skills to keep you operating without drinking. The AOE of Bladedancer is just too much fun....

I wouldn't worry about a build until you get some more points though, just play what you enjoy for a few levels and look at things at 30 and decide.

I would go assassin as main and leftovers in nightblade to increase your damage and have perma stealth with some incapacitates. Those skills will help your leveling very well and still have a decent killing speed.

At level 30ish, switch over to above poster spec. BD with rift scavenger is an awesome leveling build and decent AoE-er. Never have to drink. Left overs go into ... yes, assassin again, for perma stealth and damage increase but you will be nearing 40ish by then.

You could also opt for ranger which is a solid leveling build also.

Edit:
    You should get all your souls as soon as possible and try out all other builds, this way you know the strength and weakness.
    Last edited by Montezuma; 04-07-2011 at 09:49 AM.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the replies ^^

My only gripe with the BD/RS setup is that I feel like ill miss NB too much. Like I said, I'm really enjoying the magic AND melee feel of NB. Then again, I could very well try out BD and RS and have a great time...

Oh, the decisions of playing a calling where there is more than just 1 interesting spec

On another note, just from my current experience, I feel like once I come out of stealth and hit my spam and then my first finisher, my energy is next to 0 and from that point on, its ALOT more difficult to be efficient.

This was my spec at lvl 17, had 4 self buffs, good HP, and power. put points into BD till 23 then a few into RS till 28 or 29 before I changed around souls at 30.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0McVp.xcz.V0d.V

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibot View Post
    Random thoughts from a 50 Rogue ~

I actually used a bard up until the mid 30's, then I played an AOE Melee build consisting of Bladedancer/Riftstalker and here's why...

Rogues only get 2 heals, 13 points into riftstalker or 20 points into assassin to unlock leeching poisons. I chose RS since it's only 13 points.

With that setup in the mid 30's I went from 35-50 faster than I did 1-35.

Either way, if you're doing PvE stuff you would want either of those healing skills to keep you operating without drinking. The AOE of Bladedancer is just too much fun....

I wouldn't worry about a build until you get some more points though, just play what you enjoy for a few levels and look at things at 30 and decide.
    i lvl'd bard/ranger till bout 36 then switched to ranger/sin/nb to 50, basically once you are high lvl you realize your boar can tank 3-5 mobs and you can aoe them all down and simply drink afterwards for little to no downtime. i found having self-heals to be unnecessary cause as long as i could kill whatever it is attacking me, i could drink afterwards.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

I went BD/RS/*** at around 32, ranger/bard until then. I found this is when BD/RS starts to shine and I still use it at 50 when running around solo. I self heal for 30% max hp on a full CP stack and can wade into the middle of 2-5 mobs and come out at near 100% by the time I'm done, the RS aoe +twin strike are macroed together and then use the aoe finisher mid fight being sure to leave CP on my focus when he dies, same on next. Then single target BD skills on the last guy. I have gotten into a few Oh S*** moments but if you can take down the first of the lot with 30% health left before the heal, you should be fine and back near full at the end.

+ Reply to Thread