+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranger leveling build please

Soulwalker

Default Ranger leveling build please

Iím level 27. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good ranged leveling build/guide please.

Soulwalker

Bumpageness

personally, having 20 points in sin for perma stealth and +30% move speed really helps for questing, since you can move around mobs not needing to kill them "in to and out from" the destination.

When I leveled up, I used sab as the main spec.

stealth > incapacitate > chargex5 > detonate > chargex2~3 > detonate > dead mob

something like that.. Not sure if that is going to work now with the nurfs in the sab tree.

Shadowlander

put as many points into ranger as possible.. take everything... really. 51 ranger is awesome for grinding.

I put remaining points each level into MM for more damage

My 3rd soul was 0 assassin just for poison arrows.

My leveling spec for ranger changes quite a bit as I try out different things. At 45th, it's currently 28 ranger, 23 bladedancer, 8 assassin.

Between the ranger +crit, assassin +crit, combat culmination, dauntless strike, and the +dex talent/buff from BD, I'm generally running at about a 38% crit chance. Plus I can pop blade tempo for +30% damage (since it's all physical damage, not just melee). Blade tempo + rain of arrows + poison procs is typically enough to drop a group of 4-5 mobs, or leave them 1-2 swings away from death.

Quote Originally Posted by Arakon View Post
    Iím level 27. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good ranged leveling build/guide please.
    Ranger is great for leveling as there is no down time and you can kill mobs in bunches.

Start here.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MiNM.V0L.VMsfu0kRk

Next 2 points go into Coup de Grace and 1/2 Melted Skin. Run Virulent Poison and Hellfire Blades with Feral Instincts. I'd grab master huntsman next to 30 and your raptor for instances at 31.

Then over to Sin for crit enhancers.

Send in Pig to group mobs (bind to mouse) > Pre hot Pig > Divert Rage > Rain of Arrows > Trickshot x 2 > Rain of Arrows (most mobs dead by this point if not) > Trickshot > Concussive Blast

Easy AoE mob slaying build. Melee hits hard enough when you have to. Use lethal poison solo when you get it and Virulent in instances. Pretty much easy mode to 50, then it gets harder to find dps options.

Soulwalker

how do you bind your pet attack function to a key or button...ie. what is it called?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by suprcharg View Post
    how do you bind your pet attack function to a key or button...ie. what is it called?
    petattack

.........added for messsage length

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by suprcharg View Post
    You can drag and drop it from your pet bar to your action bar (it stays on pet bar, just makes a copy of it)

+ Reply to Thread