+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best 3rd for soul for Sin/NB

Soulwalker

Default Best 3rd for soul for Sin/NB

I have five extra points in my plan - Ranger for %5 crit, or Sab for %15 Dex?

ty in advance for any info/advice

bd for 5% hit imo, but if you are 51pts in any rogue soul that isnt bard or riftstalker i LOL at your fail build.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    bd for 5% hit imo, but if you are 51pts in any rogue soul that isnt bard or riftstalker i LOL at your fail build.
    5% hit is useless if you are capped, which is pretty easy to do in t1 gear. I'd go ranger for the crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuladien View Post
    5% hit is useless if you are capped, which is pretty easy to do in t1 gear. I'd go ranger for the crit.
    in another post i made this clear, if you are hit capped you are wearing bad gear. optimum pieces of loot have no hit on them at all, and the 25 hit you save from going BD is HUGE when you can wear 2 rank 5 daggers with 0 hit, 2 of the new event rings with 0 hit, a full set of armor with 0 hit leaving you with just the crafted weapon with hit and a necklace :P
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

Soulwalker

I'm new at this rogue thing. I always play mages in games of this ilk and I'm trying something different. I took a rogue to lvl 10 or so last night just to try it out, and I think I see the appeal in sneaking up behind people and stabbing them in the back. Fun!

I quickly learned to dread that little chirp sound indicating that I was detected, and I tried to apply 'assassinate' quickly. I'm assuming 'silent footsteps' will make this easier.

Do we have any weapon limitation? I found a hammer with higher dps than one of my daggers. Thematically it didn't seem to fit but I used it anyway.

Default Specs

If you cant do the simple calc to build them. Look it up.

I am pretty sure multiple people have parsed and shown that the +crit from sin is not stacking with the +crit from ranger. Just something to think about

in another post i made this clear, if you are hit capped you are wearing bad gear. optimum pieces of loot have no hit on them at all, and the 25 hit you save from going BD is HUGE when you can wear 2 rank 5 daggers with 0 hit, 2 of the new event rings with 0 hit, a full set of armor with 0 hit leaving you with just the crafted weapon with hit and a necklace :P
    Why the hell would you wear 2 event rings? I can see maybe 1 L50 ring but they are unique so if you are getting a L40 version it's significantly worse than even blues you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Rykin View Post
    Why the hell would you wear 2 event rings? I can see maybe 1 L50 ring but they are unique so if you are getting a L40 version it's significantly worse than even blues you can get.
    they aren't unique. why do ppl think this? do people actually try to get 2? has anyone tried? im sitting here looking at the rings on my finger and they aren't unique!!!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Indoorsman View Post
    I have five extra points in my plan - Ranger for %5 crit, or Sab for %15 Dex?

ty in advance for any info/advice
    BD for 5% hit if you aren't capped (Comes with a +40 dex if you shell out 6 points instead of 5)
    RS for 15% AP if you aren't on the "AP sucks" side of the fence (also comes with a self buff for endurance)
    Sabo for 15% dex otherwise

Ranger doesn't stack with assassin crit so that's just a waste.

RIFT Guide Writer

If your 51 sin 9 nb 6 ranger, its not a waste, the quick shot / head shot / crippling shot make for nice attacks when they try to knock you back or stun you and run, etc.

Lets see some parses mr. LOL, or do you just Warfront all day with your epic hybrid. there are a couple of souls that parse high with 51 points a 51 point NB is a trash clearer on par with necro or demo. four a 3rd soul it reall depends on how many points your spending in all 3 I dont like RS for any DPS build that uses NB & SIN to the OP there is a really solid DPS build using NB SIN and RNGR

they aren't unique. why do ppl think this? do people actually try to get 2? has anyone tried? im sitting here looking at the rings on my finger and they aren't unique!!!
    I could have sworn they are unique equipped. OK, moving on...

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Indoorsman View Post
    I'm new at this rogue thing. I always play mages in games of this ilk and I'm trying something different. I took a rogue to lvl 10 or so last night just to try it out, and I think I see the appeal in sneaking up behind people and stabbing them in the back. Fun!

I quickly learned to dread that little chirp sound indicating that I was detected, and I tried to apply 'assassinate' quickly. I'm assuming 'silent footsteps' will make this easier.

Do we have any weapon limitation? I found a hammer with higher dps than one of my daggers. Thematically it didn't seem to fit but I used it anyway.
    If you go Sin/NB then you can get around that detection sound. NB has a rather nice ranged stun that comes in handy two ways. One with stunning an add so you can kill one without taking on two guys, and second you can stun your main target and not worry about detection. In all I started my Rouge as mainly a NB build with some Sin for the perma stealth but as I got higher in Sin I liked it more.
    Since I had two 80 Rogues in WOW it's made me feel more at home.

As far as Weapon limits its basically Daggers and 1h swords, axes and maces. With bows or guns as a stat stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Wifeagro View Post
    Lets see some parses mr. LOL, or do you just Warfront all day with your epic hybrid. there are a couple of souls that parse high with 51 points a 51 point NB is a trash clearer on par with necro or demo. four a 3rd soul it reall depends on how many points your spending in all 3 I dont like RS for any DPS build that uses NB & SIN to the OP there is a really solid DPS build using NB SIN and RNGR
    give me any build that parses high with 51 points in that tree and ill counter with the same soul as main with a build that parses higher, ill let you parse them yourself with your own gear and see for yourself since you wont believe me anyways.

the problem is, you lose too much going 51 points in a tree. sure you can go 51 ranger so your pet never dies, but you dont need the 51pt talent and the 47-49 range seems to work MUCH better as it allows you to get some real dps talents, so even for the only tree that might be good at 51 points, it's still better to cap out at 49, and assassin, bladedancer and nightblade ALL parse higher when under 51 points than their 51point counterparts. i really dunno how you are even arguing with me on this with the 70+ pages on data on this very frontpage of the rogue forums that say im right and you are wrong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast