+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Crit Vs. AP?

Shadowlander

Default Crit Vs. AP?

Has anyone done extensive testing on these two stats? If so, what conclusions have you drawn from it? I know there have been some discussions that AP scaling is currently lackluster or "broken". Is it better to stack crit over AP for rogue dps?

If you have two identical pieces of gear the only difference is one has +10 crit, the other +10 AP, which is the best dps increase?

if a piece of gear has AP on it, i simply dont wear it, id rather wear a green with 5 less crit cause THAT is how bad AP is right now... hold on to your AP gear though, i hope they fix it at some point...

basically hit to cap, stack crit after, and no gear with AP on it is an upgrade unless it has hit or crit on it as well
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Champion

Could anyone do me a favor and tell me, what Crit Rating = 1% Crit Chance (or, 1 Crit Rating = how much Crit Chance)? I'd really like to sit down and check out the numbers for myself, but I can't find that conversion rate atm.

Default Attribute chart

Ask and the interweb will provide my friend
    http://www.freemmoguides.com/rift/ri...ributes-guide/

Soulwalker

my 565 crit rating = 21.42% you can figure out 1% from there if you want, I'm too lazy.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Chiron101 View Post
    Ahh, thank you.

Something's not right about those numbers. Rogues don't have such terrible Dodge conversion rate, and our Dex and Str both = 0.5 AP, but that's showing 1 Str : 1 AP and nothing for Dex. Pretty sure that chart must be specific for... Clerics, or something?

Probably from early beta or something, as stats definitely scale differently from that chart.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiron101 View Post
    he asked crit vs ap, not what dex and str give us. we have 1 primary stat dex and str is worthless to us unless we are tanking... fact does not remain, as of right now AP is useless, maybe in the future it will scale like it does for mages/clerics (SP = ownage) but for us it does not!
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

AP isn't useless, it's just that with the current itemization costs, you're better off wearing crit gear. I'm not sure what the precise breakpoint is for AP vs Crit, and it changes based on your spec most likely. I stack crit as much as possible but I'm still not sure if it's 100% always the best choice. I really need to parse this when/if I ever get some spare time.
    Last edited by Dinadass; 04-07-2011 at 06:03 AM.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Everyone always says crit scales better an I agree to an extent. The thing that bothers me is that I always parse higher with the ap buff from ranger rather than 3% crit. Right now I have around 450 ap/ 620 crit in my hit gear (not home to give exact values which are slightly higher) unbuffed. I'm stacking gear to have a mix of crit and ap. I want to reach over 500 unbuffed ap to verify if it really is that bad. I can only imagine we have a breaking point at which ap scales much better.

He who conquers the left side rules the world

Champion

I'm still wearing the blue crafted leggings from Dragonslayer and passed on an epic pair from Expert Abyssal Precipice because attack power is that bad.

Shadowlander

Thanks for all the info guys. It's a shame that AP is so bad for rogues at the moment. Hopefully Trion will look into it in a future patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    I'm still wearing the blue crafted leggings from Dragonslayer and passed on an epic pair from Expert Abyssal Precipice because attack power is that bad.
    lol same, cept i took the AP legs cause they look sexy on kelari female, i wear them for looks when the time allows it

It's pretty bad for warriors too, in fact, for top DPS most of them are grabbing leather due to the higher crit they get with it :x

Quote Originally Posted by Noirvetica View Post
    It's pretty bad for warriors too, in fact, for top DPS most of them are grabbing leather due to the higher crit they get with it :x
    ^this

sad when str is THE tank stat, even though that makes some sense logically... afterall, a tank has to be very strong to wear heavy armor and a shield and piss off someone enough to fight them instead of someone who "seems" weaker.

dex is the king of stats, for rogues with the 15% dex talents the stats go dex -> crit -> lawl??? profit!

and some builds really shine when you stack dex, for instance, blast charge and spike charge never miss, imagine wearing full best in slot gear with 2 rank 5 daggers (no hit) a high crit bow, 2 event crit rings and a crit neck with 0 hit and lol at greenscale when you never miss but have over a 50% crit chance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast