+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45

Thread: marksman,pedestals,PVP and you!

  1. #1
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    806

    Default marksman,pedestals,PVP and you!

    i just dont get it O.o
    standing marksman = dead marksman
    if someone is in melee range of the marksman 70% of the time the marksman won't be able to attack(without his 1 min CD ability).
    so i guess pedestals = PVE only?

    its not like mage that get CC immune,can still attack in melee range,30-50% damage reduced(combined with armor),a chance to stun..
    oh and all of this on 44 talent instead of 51(like marksman)

  2. #2
    Champion of Telara xaed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nodisplay View Post
    i just dont get it O.o
    standing marksman = dead marksman
    if someone is in melee range of the marksman 70% of the time the marksman won't be able to attack(without his 1 min CD ability).
    so i guess pedestals = PVE only?

    its not like mage that get CC immune,can still attack in melee range,30-50% damage reduced(combined with armor),a chance to stun..
    oh and all of this on 44 talent instead of 51(like marksman)
    Nope, you just have to place it in a strategic location since you can leave it and return to it when you need tol.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

  3. #3
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xaed View Post
    Nope, you just have to place it in a strategic location since you can leave it and return to it when you need tol.
    i've never tried MM(looks way too weak) but it seems more useful in PVE or group PVP when people dont notice you.

    i sure that this game will have arenas and in 2vs2 situation... it looks weak =[

    also remember that it takes like 2 sec till the buff shows on you when you stand there.

  4. #4
    Champion of Telara xaed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nodisplay View Post
    i've never tried MM(looks way too weak) but it seems more useful in PVE or group PVP when people dont notice you.

    i sure that this game will have arenas and in 2vs2 situation... it looks weak =[

    also remember that it takes like 2 sec till the buff shows on you when you stand there.
    This game won't have arenas as confirmed by the devs.

    WFs are group PvP.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    99

    Default

    I'd like to see the pedestals add range to the rogues attacks while they stand in them as well as the extra damage.

    Say, an extra 5 or 10 metres.
    Eastern Standard Time (Australia)
    is 15 hours ahead of
    Eastern Standard Time (North America)
    which is 5 hours behind
    Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)
    which is the same as
    Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nodisplay View Post
    so i guess pedestals = PVE only?
    Mostly, yes?
    What don't you get about it?
    It's not like all skills are usefull in PVP.

  7. #7
    Rift Master Spitefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Meridian
    Posts
    638

    Default

    I use pedestrals in pve mostly dungeons and rifts .
    Last edited by Spitefull; 04-07-2011 at 03:43 AM.

  8. #8
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Pedestals should really be replaced by a self-buff similar to poisons or instincts or enchants. Possibly an aura. It would make the ability more versatile for its cost.

    As it stands, pedestals are only useful for raid bosses, and very little else.

  9. #9
    Plane Touched Avandor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xaed View Post
    Nope, you just have to place it in a strategic location since you can leave it and return to it when you need tol.
    I do that quite often... hide it somewhere, and return to it when the situation calls.

    "Eradicating your buffs since May 11th 2011"

  10. #10
    Plane Walker Montezuma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Pedestals are fine. Do not rely on it in PvP and utilize it when you can.

    For PvE it could use some sort of flexibility especially for movement fights and being a 51 point ability. The 18 point ability is good enough.

    Either give the 51 point ability a CD with a limited up time but with a 35m range or do something else which increases the flexibility. As of now the 51 point pedestal is lack luster for the points invested.

  11. #11
    Plane Touched xarael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    199

    Default

    I'm all for auras that boost range or critical hit chance. Plus, I think it would be nice if they were party-wide (not necessarily raid-wide, that might make some archons QQ).

  12. #12
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    209

    Default

    I think pedestals suck, and I want them removed.

    someone else suggested an awesome change. Instead of pedestals, there should be a buff that only affects the caster (MM rogue). The buff would increase all dmg by 1%. For every second that the rogue is standing still, an aditional stack of the buff would be applied, up to 10 total. This would equal the marksman pedestal, without being uselessly stupid and exactly the same as mages ground thingys.

    The 51 pt ability would be similar. 3% dmg buff, with one stack applied for every second the MM is not moving, up to 10 stacks. This would equal the sniper pedestal.

    The second the rogue moves AT ALL, all stacks but one are removed, and the processes begins again. This encourages MMs to:

    1) stand still for higher dps

    2) use long casting time abilities (right now higher dps is acheived by ignoring empowered shot, this should NOT be the case, but is)

    Do it Trion, pedestals suck fat, FAT nuts. the entire community hates them. MM is not underpowered, it just has 2 abilities that no one likes.
    Last edited by Bartimus; 04-07-2011 at 07:16 AM.

  13. #13
    Prophet of Telara Kaladai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Granada
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bartimus View Post
    I think pedestals suck, and I want them removed.

    someone else suggested an awesome change. Instead of pedestals, there should be a buff that only affects the caster (MM rogue). The buff would increase all dmg by 1%. For every second that the rogue is standing still, an aditional stack of the buff would be applied, up to 10 total. This would equal the marksman pedestal, without being uselessly stupid and exactly the same as mages ground thingys.

    The 51 pt ability would be similar. 3% dmg buff, with one stack applied for every second the MM is not moving, up to 10 stacks. This would equal the sniper pedestal.

    The second the rogue moves AT ALL, all stacks but one are removed, and the processes begins again. This encourages MMs to:

    1) stand still for higher dps

    2) use long casting time abilities (right now higher dps is acheived by ignoring empowered shot, this should NOT be the case, but is)

    Do it Trion, pedestals suck fat, FAT nuts. the entire community hates them. MM is not underpowered, it just has 2 abilities that no one likes.
    Yes please.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

  14. #14
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    209

    Default

    When you think about it, a 51 pt ranger using the above mentioned suggested change, would do at minimum 6% more dmg with an empowered shot, realistically 9% more dmg.

    This assumes that the MM was moving, stopped for .5 seconds, then began casting his 1.5 s casting time empowered shot. This would be 3%*3 dmg to it, and would make it a viable option over spamming quick shot.

    Do it trion!

  15. #15
    Aus
    Aus is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bartimus View Post
    I think pedestals suck, and I want them removed.

    someone else suggested an awesome change. Instead of pedestals, there should be a buff that only affects the caster (MM rogue). The buff would increase all dmg by 1%. For every second that the rogue is standing still, an aditional stack of the buff would be applied, up to 10 total. This would equal the marksman pedestal, without being uselessly stupid and exactly the same as mages ground thingys.

    The 51 pt ability would be similar. 3% dmg buff, with one stack applied for every second the MM is not moving, up to 10 stacks. This would equal the sniper pedestal.

    The second the rogue moves AT ALL, all stacks but one are removed, and the processes begins again. This encourages MMs to:

    1) stand still for higher dps

    2) use long casting time abilities (right now higher dps is acheived by ignoring empowered shot, this should NOT be the case, but is)

    Do it Trion, pedestals suck fat, FAT nuts. the entire community hates them. MM is not underpowered, it just has 2 abilities that no one likes.
    The Idea is creative but honestly is it ever a good Idea to have a Marksman standing still?? Again, this idea is great, but does it encompass the bigger picture? Pedestals and the MM tree overall doesn't work because MM damage is shackled to the ground. Its a punishment not a buff. No matter how much dmg you tack onto a grounded buff it wont work, from a pvp stand point, 100%extra damage standing on a pedestal still results in a quick death.

    If you don't believe me try it. Grab a red orb set up your sniper Pedestal and fire on a warrior, mage or cleric with everything you have. I promise they will kill you first, and fast. This is coming from a rank 5 rogue with all my rank 5 weapons/gear and full Bard buffs from a buddy.

    MM MUST MUST MUST, be able to move. You'll spend most your points from tier 1-4 earning mobility. 18 points in, you will have that mobility stripped from you if you want a 10% damage increase. It's at this point MM starts to fall behind because pedestal dmg vs mobility is often a trade-off we cannot afford to make. This is true both leveling and in warfronts. It's less an issue in dungeons, however, the dungeon marksman should not be the only marksman to benefit from the 18 and 51 point talents. Unshackled dmg buffs will not hurt the dungeon marksman, In some fights it may help him.

    Im not a dev, I don't know the solution to this one, But I pray its not another grounded buff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts