+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: marksman,pedestals,PVP and you!

Sword of Telara

Default marksman,pedestals,PVP and you!

i just dont get it O.o
    standing marksman = dead marksman
    if someone is in melee range of the marksman 70% of the time the marksman won't be able to attack(without his 1 min CD ability).
    so i guess pedestals = PVE only?

its not like mage that get CC immune,can still attack in melee range,30-50% damage reduced(combined with armor),a chance to stun..
    oh and all of this on 44 talent instead of 51(like marksman)

Quote Originally Posted by Nodisplay View Post
    i just dont get it O.o
    standing marksman = dead marksman
    if someone is in melee range of the marksman 70% of the time the marksman won't be able to attack(without his 1 min CD ability).

its not like mage that get CC immune,can still attack in melee range,30-50% damage reduced(combined with armor),a chance to stun..
    oh and all of this on 44 talent instead of 51(like marksman)
    Nope, you just have to place it in a strategic location since you can leave it and return to it when you need tol.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by xaed View Post
    Nope, you just have to place it in a strategic location since you can leave it and return to it when you need tol.
    i've never tried MM(looks way too weak) but it seems more useful in PVE or group PVP when people dont notice you.

i sure that this game will have arenas and in 2vs2 situation... it looks weak =[

also remember that it takes like 2 sec till the buff shows on you when you stand there.

i've never tried MM(looks way too weak) but it seems more useful in PVE or group PVP when people dont notice you.

i sure that this game will have arenas and in 2vs2 situation... it looks weak =[

also remember that it takes like 2 sec till the buff shows on you when you stand there.
    This game won't have arenas as confirmed by the devs.

WFs are group PvP.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

Rift Disciple

I'd like to see the pedestals add range to the rogues attacks while they stand in them as well as the extra damage.

Say, an extra 5 or 10 metres.
    Eastern Standard Time (Australia)
    is 15 hours ahead of
    Eastern Standard Time (North America)
    which is 5 hours behind
    Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)
    which is the same as
    Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)

Ascendant

Mostly, yes?
    What don't you get about it?
    It's not like all skills are usefull in PVP.

I use pedestrals in pve mostly dungeons and rifts .
    Last edited by Spitefull; 04-07-2011 at 03:43 AM.

Telaran

Pedestals should really be replaced by a self-buff similar to poisons or instincts or enchants. Possibly an aura. It would make the ability more versatile for its cost.

As it stands, pedestals are only useful for raid bosses, and very little else.

Quote Originally Posted by xaed View Post
    I do that quite often... hide it somewhere, and return to it when the situation calls.

"Eradicating your buffs since May 11th 2011"

Pedestals are fine. Do not rely on it in PvP and utilize it when you can.

For PvE it could use some sort of flexibility especially for movement fights and being a 51 point ability. The 18 point ability is good enough.

Either give the 51 point ability a CD with a limited up time but with a 35m range or do something else which increases the flexibility. As of now the 51 point pedestal is lack luster for the points invested.

I'm all for auras that boost range or critical hit chance. Plus, I think it would be nice if they were party-wide (not necessarily raid-wide, that might make some archons QQ).

Plane Touched

I think pedestals suck, and I want them removed.

someone else suggested an awesome change. Instead of pedestals, there should be a buff that only affects the caster (MM rogue). The buff would increase all dmg by 1%. For every second that the rogue is standing still, an aditional stack of the buff would be applied, up to 10 total. This would equal the marksman pedestal, without being uselessly stupid and exactly the same as mages ground thingys.

The 51 pt ability would be similar. 3% dmg buff, with one stack applied for every second the MM is not moving, up to 10 stacks. This would equal the sniper pedestal.

The second the rogue moves AT ALL, all stacks but one are removed, and the processes begins again. This encourages MMs to:

1) stand still for higher dps

2) use long casting time abilities (right now higher dps is acheived by ignoring empowered shot, this should NOT be the case, but is)

Do it Trion, pedestals suck fat, FAT nuts. the entire community hates them. MM is not underpowered, it just has 2 abilities that no one likes.
    Last edited by Bartimus; 04-07-2011 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartimus View Post

someone else suggested an awesome change. Instead of pedestals, there should be a buff that only affects the caster (MM rogue). The buff would increase all dmg by 1%. For every second that the rogue is standing still, an aditional stack of the buff would be applied, up to 10 total. This would equal the marksman pedestal, without being uselessly stupid and exactly the same as mages ground thingys.

The 51 pt ability would be similar. 3% dmg buff, with one stack applied for every second the MM is not moving, up to 10 stacks. This would equal the sniper pedestal.

The second the rogue moves AT ALL, all stacks but one are removed, and the processes begins again. This encourages MMs to:

2) use long casting time abilities (right now higher dps is acheived by ignoring empowered shot, this should NOT be the case, but is)

Do it Trion, pedestals suck fat, FAT nuts. the entire community hates them. MM is not underpowered, it just has 2 abilities that no one likes.
    Yes please.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Plane Touched

When you think about it, a 51 pt ranger using the above mentioned suggested change, would do at minimum 6% more dmg with an empowered shot, realistically 9% more dmg.

This assumes that the MM was moving, stopped for .5 seconds, then began casting his 1.5 s casting time empowered shot. This would be 3%*3 dmg to it, and would make it a viable option over spamming quick shot.

Do it trion!

Aus
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bartimus View Post

The Idea is creative but honestly is it ever a good Idea to have a Marksman standing still?? Again, this idea is great, but does it encompass the bigger picture? Pedestals and the MM tree overall doesn't work because MM damage is shackled to the ground. Its a punishment not a buff. No matter how much dmg you tack onto a grounded buff it wont work, from a pvp stand point, 100%extra damage standing on a pedestal still results in a quick death.

If you don't believe me try it. Grab a red orb set up your sniper Pedestal and fire on a warrior, mage or cleric with everything you have. I promise they will kill you first, and fast. This is coming from a rank 5 rogue with all my rank 5 weapons/gear and full Bard buffs from a buddy.

MM MUST MUST MUST, be able to move. You'll spend most your points from tier 1-4 earning mobility. 18 points in, you will have that mobility stripped from you if you want a 10% damage increase. It's at this point MM starts to fall behind because pedestal dmg vs mobility is often a trade-off we cannot afford to make. This is true both leveling and in warfronts. It's less an issue in dungeons, however, the dungeon marksman should not be the only marksman to benefit from the 18 and 51 point talents. Unshackled dmg buffs will not hurt the dungeon marksman, In some fights it may help him.

Im not a dev, I don't know the solution to this one, But I pray its not another grounded buff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast