+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about Fan Out

Default Question about Fan Out

I found what I feel might be a bug with Fan Out but I wonder if anyone else has noticed it?

When I use Fan Out, if I target someone who is within range sometimes my "fan" of arrows hits people way out of range, almost what I would estimate as being 5 meters out of range.

Has anyone seen this?

I tested this in WF against Pyro mages who steadfastly refuse to leave their camp fire, I had 1 mage in range and 3 mages out of range; when I targeted them all of my skills showed out of range. I have my MM up to 35 meters.

When I shot the mage in range, all 4 mages got hit. A couple of mages moved back out of their campfire (but not the one in range) and I still hit them. Eventually I killed three of the four mages, the one that escaped with a sliver of health did so by going behind a barrier.

Anyone seen this before? More importantly does it sound like a bug to you?
    Last edited by Delphya; 04-07-2011 at 01:44 AM.
    I don't like mean people, rude people and people who are not nice.

Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

Smile

Seems more like a damage bug to me.

Yes I have it also but say its ok when a Necro can SoulPurge me 50 meters away through walls..How you say? Well he start at 30meters, I pop my speed talent, I'm at or near 50m and a giant boulder is between us and yes Soul Purge is killing me!

Both MM AoE (cast and instant) 'look' like the behave the way you described, I assumed it to be lag.

For example, in Codex Im on top of the hill and some one starts nuking me, at 50% hp I run back only to still get direct damage while out of LoS..bug or lag?

Rift Disciple

It's not a bug.

Fan Out deals damage to enemies near the target.
    While the other three mages were out of range of your initial attack, they were still close enough to the first mage to get hit by Fan Out's spread.
    Eastern Standard Time (Australia)
    is 15 hours ahead of
    Eastern Standard Time (North America)
    which is 5 hours behind
    Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)
    which is the same as
    Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)

Champion of Telara

This thread makes me feel like I completely wasted my time reading it. I cant imagine what it would be like to create it.

I thiink that dmg on fan out must be increased abit ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dahrken View Post
    This thread makes me feel like I completely wasted my time reading it. I cant imagine what it would be like to create it.
    Yet you felt the urge to up your post count why?

Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Witch View Post
    It's not a bug.

Fan Out deals damage to enemies near the target.
    While the other three mages were out of range of your initial attack, they were still close enough to the first mage to get hit by Fan Out's spread.
    This sounds reasonable I guess, so I won't report it as a bug.

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riftrox View Post
    Yes I have it also but say its ok when a Necro can SoulPurge me 50 meters away through walls..How you say? Well he start at 30meters, I pop my speed talent, I'm at or near 50m and a giant boulder is between us and yes Soul Purge is killing me!

Both MM AoE (cast and instant) 'look' like the behave the way you described, I assumed it to be lag.

For example, in Codex Im on top of the hill and some one starts nuking me, at 50% hp I run back only to still get direct damage while out of LoS..bug or lag?
    All single target channeled abilities i know of currently work this way. I'm not sure if its a bug but meanwhile i'm going to keep popping Strafe right before people "hide" behind the tree in black garden xD

Telaran

It was recently changed (in 1.1 or a hotfix?) that all spells will continue to cast if the target moves out of line of sight. This was to prevent the exploit of running through someone to break their cast.

However, to me it makes sense that the cast should be broken if you move out of range. That should be one of the risks of using an ability with a long cast time.

Also, it would make sense to be able to break it if you lose line of sight to the target, i.e., you move behind an object, and neither you nor the target can see each other. But that might require more work than the devs are willing to put in.

As to Fan Out (love it, btw, on my lowby lvl 23 rogue), it appears to hit all targets within a certain distance of your target, even if the other targets are out of your line of sight or range. I am not sure what the 'nearby' limit is. It does appear to be quite large, and might be a 'cone' effect, as it doesn't for e.g. hit targets well off to the left or right of your main target.

+ Reply to Thread