+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Marks PvP Spec

Rift Disciple

Default Marks PvP Spec

So I've been playing Marks/Sin/NB in PvP, and while I enjoy it, I feel extremely weak against casters and any healer with half a brain. So I've been looking at specs and I'm curious if anyone has tried this or some variation.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...0hdo.VhtMG0gRo
    (2 floater points)

Pros: Scourge of Darkness, Twilight Force Snare, Heat Retention, Fel Blades.
    Cons: Losing Controlled Fire and a good amount of damage from the Sin tree.

Thoughts?

Soulwalker

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...d0hd.0VMft0b0z

I sit back and let my team do all the work while I ambush people using my superior guerrilla tactics.

While a marksman with fell blades looks nice on paper, in practice it isn't fun at all. I played it for 2 days, it get's old fast. The already lacking MM burst dps becomes abysmal with this spec. It's only saving grace is slapping fell blades on a bunch of targets who happen to be clustered together with AoE. Play it if you prefer a support role, you are basically a ranged debuffer.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by baph View Post
    While a marksman with fell blades looks nice on paper, in practice it isn't fun at all. I played it for 2 days, it get's old fast. The already lacking MM burst dps becomes abysmal with this spec. It's only saving grace is slapping fell blades on a bunch of targets who happen to be clustered together with AoE. Play it if you prefer a support role, you are basically a ranged debuffer.
    While its damage is by no means overwhelming by itself, it is pretty damn good damage if the target is taking damage from ANY other source, which most targets are its def enough to drop them pretty quick. I've found this spec to perform very solidly, I wish you didn't have to burn so many points to get what you get (ie fel blades should be like 16 deep in NB) but you get some nice burst goodies from NB as well for some nice dead eyes.

To the OP, I'd burn a point to take dusk to dawn. Getting a healer in it (and keeping him away from his team) then dark containing him followed by a bullseye dead eye is a wonderful little combo worth the point on its own.

edit: oh and imp swift shot + hasty departure I find to be unnecessary, grab Master Archer over those 2 imo.
    Last edited by sano; 04-06-2011 at 10:28 PM.

It strikes me as more of a gimmick than a viable spec, which is an excellent reflection of the rather poor situation most rogues find themselves in on a near daily basis.

For a more fun build with Fell Blades, try 51 NB/10 MM/5 Inf

Run with cloudy poison + (fell blades or hellfire blades).

You get all the functionality of a 51 point NB build, which can be pretty wicked. On top of that, you spend just enough points to get Fan Out from the MM tree, for your mass fell-blading fun.

Double bonus, you can use swift shot to buff your movement speed and generate CP's as you are running in to combat. The attack power bonus after ranged critical hit can be pretty sharp, too.

Congratulations, you are now a real pest.
    Terk - Expert Marksman - Eternal IRON (Belmont)
    Eikke - Justicar (L4x) - Eternal IRON (Belmont)

My Marksman can beat up your Pyro...
    Terk's Guide to Marksman PVP (Cloak and Arrow style)

What about this build that offers a much better get away ability that last more and reduce my marksman energy starvation also increase dexterity a lot and auto attacks oh and a lot of dodge . ?

Personaly i like it but didn`t tested it yet .

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...oqzAhzR.xV0Vuc
    Last edited by Spitefull; 04-07-2011 at 01:08 AM.

Soulwalker

My theorycrafted PvP-Guerilla-warfare build is coming together, there might be something to it..

Damage wise since it's, almost entirely, based on Marksman abilities - which we all know are pretty.. stinky, it lacks. But smart use of quick reload, bull's eye, hit'n run et all, you can, occasionally drop one.. or two :P)

However, the high mobility and many teleports, (with added rune and +15% crit), makes it, for me, fun and a good guerilla warfare/harassment build.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...okz.EhtRmz0hdo

(note: not 100% on some of the points, but 32 in RS and MM is a must)

I like it so far, gonna play more with it - and around it. We'll see.

Rift Chaser

I think its a good spec, I used it myself. Tho I put points in dusk to dawn, I like it for PvP.

Basicly you sneak upand do the stealth opener with silence, then 3 feiry spike, and use scource of darkness. Then you can burnthe target down really fast. You got dots running, and SoD, its insane dmg for those next 5 combo points. I've seen warriors drop from it.

If it is a warrior or a orgue your fighting. You use Dusk to down after applying SoD. Remember everything ticks off your SoD, even dot ticks from feiry, and the same with you heal debuff. So every 10 min, your a powerhouse, thats basicly the same as having the cooldowns from MM.

Rift Disciple

MM has decent spike DPS if you use hit and run and controlled fire. You can then use quick reload and do it again.

Will easy drop you 2-3 mages/healers, reload and another 2-3. Then you can just kite around and avoid warriors...

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by HalfMind View Post
    So I've been playing Marks/Sin/NB in PvP, and while I enjoy it, I feel extremely weak against casters and any healer with half a brain. So I've been looking at specs and I'm curious if anyone has tried this or some variation.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...0hdo.VhtMG0gRo
    (2 floater points)

Pros: Scourge of Darkness, Twilight Force Snare, Heat Retention, Fel Blades.
    Cons: Losing Controlled Fire and a good amount of damage from the Sin tree.

Thoughts?
    You would do more damage with less points in MM and more points in Inf. There are also some other things I would change you have the right souls though.

Why most people don't use the PVP soul in PVP?
    Infiltrator is ****ing amazing.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladai View Post
    Why most people don't use the PVP soul in PVP?
    Infiltrator is ****ing amazing.
    Its not bad in PvE either.

For me Infiltrator is a must for pvp hate to be stunlocked .

Plane Touched

The only way I see Marksman ever being truly useful again is when paired with Theft of Thought from the Infiltrator tree. At least it would make you a genuine threat versus healers, unlike all the NB/ranger and NB/MM builds that have become so popular.

The only downside is having to hit PR5 to try it out, but the prospect of OOMing the healball from 35m away is tantalizing enough to keep me grinding.
    Last edited by Maderas; 04-07-2011 at 03:50 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast