+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MM/NB/Bard

Soulwalker

Default MM/NB/Bard

This is my first character I made about a week ago. I am only level 15 and i'm just curious if it is even worth it continuing with this character. I'm not sure how all the souls work, i'm still trying to figure everything out. I have been pretty successful in leveling by having 5 points by the time the mob gets to me then hitting the NB combo and he is usually dead. I want to be pvp though, so would you say this soul combo has a future?

Okay, are you more focused on MM or the other two souls? MM is quite anemic in terms of burst DPS. It's subpar in PVE for the fact that like all other rogue souls outside of blade dancer have energy problem. This is largely due to having a small cooldown and each opener costs 30 points each, so to build up 5 combo points you're looking at 300 energy. Which for me comes out to about 5/6 GCDs on average, possibly 7 at worse, so your build up for damage for a finisher is a pita to do. If you like melee, then Nightblade is a good soul to play with as it has a few immunity and damage reduction abilities which can be quite helpful both in PVP and PVE. Bard is okay, but quite boring as I've seen they're constantly busy trying to keep up motifs. They have some effective CCs, but their DPS is obviously non-existent/poor for their de/buffs and CCs.

Anyways, if you really are hard set on a ranged rogue, you can always go ranger as they have a few nice talents which are good in PVE and PVP (not that much burst, but with their pet talents, the pet can chew up an individual mob/player quite easily).

Edit: as for the particular combination and its effectiveness in PVP, I would have to say it's not that great. NB/SIN/BD is a good combo for PVP in my experience of seeing players rolling with them in the WFs I've played, so that's one combination I could suggest.
    Last edited by xarael; 04-06-2011 at 06:59 PM.

Rift Disciple

I'd recommend throwing ranger in there even if only zero points in it to 30. Pig tank really helps a lot leveling. By 30 you'll probably have a better idea of the play style you like and there are other options.

I did low level warfronts with mm/ranger/bard. Bard heals/cadence is good at low levels and you can use marksman finisher for decent damage at range. And you can throw pigs at casters to really piss them off haha.

Soulwalker

Thanks for your help! Is it possible to get rid of NB and add ranger without starting over?

+ Reply to Thread