+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Marksman needs serious attention

Telaran

Default Marksman needs serious attention

Trion, please consider adding a DPS increase and improved CC skill to marksman. I've had fun playing the class, but it seriously under-performs in PvP and expert dungeons. I'm starting to get concerned that at 50, I am stuck with a gimped character in silly looking armor.

This is just Rogue in general. I'm only 36 but damn, I see red numbers constantly that easily double any damage I do. This is with blue weapons at my level as well. Time to reroll until they buff the calling.

Telaran

True enough, but I feel Marks really needs attention. Perhaps a decent DoT?

Marks could be the weakest rogue tree by itself for both PvE and PvP. It's stronger with NB in PvP.

Also leveling Marks without Ranger to the Greater Razorbeast is completely useless. The pet dies quick once it is out leveled.

I've had some success leveling Marks/NB/Sab(just for the snare) but it still is complete garbage without Ranger to greater RB, or versus a BD spec.

I started out leveling MM but switched to BD and have done it most of the way except when testing other combinations.

Editing a post is not an admission of error, it is the application of an improved content patch.

Telaran

Yeah, I gave up on leveling as Marks early as well. I've had some mild success with Marks/Infiltrator in PvP, but I will lose in most/all 1v1 encounters due to low dps and low hp/armor. I'm sure I'll hear l2p or switch souls/calling, but I want to play as a marksman.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarostar View Post
    Why so it can break static shot, the only CC in the entire tree? From a PvP perspective a DoT makes this tree worse. Barbed Shot is nice since it won't break Static Shot. PvE I don't really know because I've done no legitimate PvE as MM.

Hit and Run is only good for an insta-Deadeye Shot, chain Empowered Shots **** your energy.

Personally I think Marks needs a ranged stun, 3-5 secs tops. Not useful in PvE however.

Editing a post is not an admission of error, it is the application of an improved content patch.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ailurion View Post

Personally I think Marks needs a ranged stun, 3-5 secs tops. Not useful in PvE however.
    That sounds reasonable

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ailurion View Post
    Hit and Run is only good for an insta-Deadeye Shot, chain Empowered Shots **** your energy.
    Only time I ever pop hit and run is when Controlled Fire is up too.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by HalfMind View Post
    Only time I ever pop hit and run is when Controlled Fire is up too.
    I always try to pair the two as well. It may just be me, but the marksman abilities seem to drain my energy bar faster than my other soul/roles.

Rift Disciple

Yeah, I gave up on leveling as Marks early as well. I've had some mild success with Marks/Infiltrator in PvP, but I will lose in most/all 1v1 encounters due to low dps and low hp/armor. I'm sure I'll hear l2p or switch souls/calling, but I want to play as a marksman.
    I run marks/assassin in pvp (with sab for the extra dex and stickybomb).

You can win in 1v1's but you definitely need the sticky bomb (if melee) or have pretty much all cooldowns available if ranged. Also, I didn't start winning 1v1's until I had hit prestige rank 3 and had some better pvp gear. Has to be said that until then (at least) for a marksman you're really going to get farmed if you don't stick with the zerg and just give supporting fire...

Not an exciting role for farming, but it does work. Just make sure you have a bard off-soul available if there's no healer for the group, and they will put up withyou being MM when there's a healer without too much whinging ;)

NB/MM/Inf is wonderful in pvp, you can 1v1 anyone but healers (as intended) and you can escape from any bad situation. And 1v2 is also doable with static shot + dark contaiment.

Also I'm a great Fang/Sourcestone carrier.

MM in PVE is craptastic.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Mako482 View Post
    This is just Rogue in general. I'm only 36 but damn, I see red numbers constantly that easily double any damage I do. This is with blue weapons at my level as well. Time to reroll until they buff the calling.
    I know the feeling. I rerolled myself, only to see me doing twice the damage of enemies. So I'm back to rogue.

Rift Disciple

Honestly, the thing I'd most *enjoy* with marksman is like a one-point passive that allows backwards movement at without a slow-down, or with a drastically reduced slowdown, compared to forwards movement.

Marksmen get appreciable white damage, mages don't suffer much at all from the loss of it. Marksman kiting suffers immensely from not being able to backpedal and keep some range between them and their target.

Quote Originally Posted by bitrot View Post
    Honestly, the thing I'd most *enjoy* with marksman is like a one-point passive that allows backwards movement at without a slow-down, or with a drastically reduced slowdown, compared to forwards movement.

Marksmen get appreciable white damage, mages don't suffer much at all from the loss of it. Marksman kiting suffers immensely from not being able to backpedal and keep some range between them and their target.
    Backpedal ?! Backwards Movement ?!

You need to go back to your Marksman 101 and learn how to kite without looking like a total keyboard pressing, backpedaling newbie.

Marksman soul is in dire need of something, but backpedalling or backwards movement bonus aint it !

"Eradicating your buffs since May 11th 2011"

Telaran

Marksman is fine in PVP. The PVE aspect is lacking, however.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast