+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nightblade: Lingering Falme bugged?

Shadowlander

Default Nightblade: Lingering Falme bugged?

I play a deep Nb spec cause it's fun but it seems to me the talent Linering Flame is bugged.
    The description doesn't say anything about combo points being added after using a Nb finisher yet I get a combo point and sometimes the Buff "Heat Retention".
    I say sometimes, because half the time I have all 5 combo points using nothing but "Twilight Force" and "Primal Strike" to build up Cp, but "Heat Retention" is only at 4 stacks.
    I tried to wait a few sec after using my finisher - didn't help.
    Did anybody else encounter the problem? If so: how did you solve it?

Wouldn't write anything if I didn't get HR at all or not a Cp, but right now the talent seems bugged.

Champion of Telara

The tooltip is pretty clear to me..

If the enemy is suffering from the effect of Fiery Spike, your Blazing Strike and Flame Thrust have a 100% chance to cast Fiery Spike onto them.

Whats so hard to understand form that?

If Fiery Spike is already on the target.. Blazing Strike and Flame Thrust will throw a free autocasted Fiery Spike after they are used.

Hence there is your combo point..I dont remember if it gives Heat Retention also..Shrug.

Also..I dont really pay attention to it.. Are you sure you have 5/5 Heat Retention? And pretty sure you didnt use 2 CP ability sometimes?

What you are saying indicates that mostly.. Either 4/5 Heat retention and "Bad luck" or dual CP abilities.

Never checked/tried/noticed it cause i never cast only single CP abilities in a 5 combo rotation.
    Last edited by potis; 04-06-2011 at 05:09 PM.

Shadowlander

Both talents 5/5, only used single Cp abilities.

Every Cp gives a Heat Retention so as I think it should work:

Finisher->Lingering Falme->Fiery Spike->1 Cp + 1 Heat Retention

The way it works:

Finisher->Lingering Falme->Fiery Spike->1 Cp + sometimes + 1 Heat Retention

Champion of Telara

I said i havent seen anything like that cause i never only use single CP abilities.. EU has maintenance now..I will try it checking it now if its over.

Champion of Telara

Yeap..Bugged.. Tested it right now..

Sometimes it doesnt count a combo point ability as a heat retention stack.

No idea what causes it also..but its mainly right after Blazing Strike-->Free Fiery Spike obviously something broken there apparently..Doesnt happen always but VERY VERY often like..2 out of 3 times or something.

Never happens with SoD

Oi..some forum moderator forward this to the devs please;D

Heat Retention isnt working as intended.
    Last edited by potis; 04-06-2011 at 05:57 PM.

Champion of Telara

Its really hard to figure out whats causing it.

Its totally random but a huge chance its something with Fiery Spike's..Manual and auto-casted from Lingering Flame.

Still not sure..Not easy to figure out.. Twilight Force did it also once/couple of times over 3 minutes.

Twilight Force-->1 stack 1 combo

Primal Strike-->1 stack 2 Combos

Primal Strike -->2 stacks 3 combos

etc

Same with Fiery spike and Blazing Strike-->Free Fiery Spike.

Free Fiery--> 1 stack 1 combo

Primal/Twilight--> 1 stack 2 combos

Primal-->2 stacks 3 combos

Happens WAY too often to be ignored..
    Last edited by potis; 04-06-2011 at 06:09 PM.

Yeah, I've been noticing this as well.

It seems like there's an ICD on Heat Retention or something like that. You get the HR incriment from Lingering Flame going off, but unless you wait a second or so after that before using your next ability, you wont get credit for it from HR. I could swear I've seen it missing at other times as well, but it isn't anything I've been able to reliably reproduce outside of LF (actually I don't think I've seen it happen without LF since switching to the long ability cue).
    Quote Originally Posted by Arturo Perez-Reverte
    "He no longer had the youth, the innocence, or the desire to go and fight at a place chosen by his opponents, three duels arranged in ten minutes, in the grounds of the Carmelite convent or wherever the hell it might be. When the time came to say hello, he'd make sure he approached Rochefort with everything in his favor, if possible from behind, with a steel bar in his hand... Corso would settle his debts calmly. Biding his time."

*sigh* edit window ate the rest of my post, I guess that's what I get for not just starting in on the computer in the first place. ;)

Anyway, yeah it was something I started to notice more often the more I got stuck plinking away at range on an NB/Sin/Rng build, at least you should be getting HR off on every finisher when you're just spaming Quick Shot and Twilight Force, but suprise suprise, that wasn't happening. -_-;

Hopefully something can be done to get it sorted out in a reasonable time period, but I suppose they still have quite a lot left on their plates, so who knows.

-Aglethe
    Quote Originally Posted by Arturo Perez-Reverte
    "He no longer had the youth, the innocence, or the desire to go and fight at a place chosen by his opponents, three duels arranged in ten minutes, in the grounds of the Carmelite convent or wherever the hell it might be. When the time came to say hello, he'd make sure he approached Rochefort with everything in his favor, if possible from behind, with a steel bar in his hand... Corso would settle his debts calmly. Biding his time."

Rift Disciple

Also would like to add that I noticed in pvp while testing ranger as a 3rd soul, which makes my rogue use bow at range.

This macro didnt work properly with ranger soul if I went to melee range:

cast Blazing Strike
    cast Flame Thrust

Sometimes it worked and sometimes not. It didnt even change weapons always at melee range.

All works great without ranger soul.

Telaran

It's not a bug when lingering flame procs your finisher reapplies a stack of fiery spike you get a combo point because as far as the game is concerned YOU just reapplied fiery spike.

Rift Disciple

I already sent in a petition about this.

Heat Retention doesn't stack properly when you use any ability immediately after your NB finishers. Every other round you'll end up with 4 stacks, which pretty much makes it useless to be 5/5.

What appears to be happening is the free Fiery Spike is slightly delayed after the finisher. Casting another ability causes the free Fiery Spike not to count on the Heat Retention.

You can self adjust to wait after using your finishers. My experience is that it's WAY too touchy to manage and results in poor energy use, so IMO, it's broken.

Banned

So then the Fiery Spike that the finisher casts has much different coding in it and doesnt count towards the heat retention. Or maybe just put in the wrong place. Im interested in this as well since my new build uses this mechanic and this bug will cause my dps to go down from what it could be.
    Last edited by Vindicit; 04-07-2011 at 12:43 AM.

Champion of Telara

No..The Fiery Spike from Lingering Flame does give 1 combo point and 1 stack of Heat Retention.

The ability used after..doesnt sometimes..No idea how or what triggers it..sometimes you dont get a stack of heat retention in the first ability after a finisher.

I didnt notice it with Scourge of Darkness but its very easily noticed with Blazing Strike so i am guessing it has to do with Lingering Flame as the OP mentioned.

Champion of Telara

Bump and Bump ..Need people to test this more and more so we can get a hotfix.. Its a serious bug to Heat Retention and very easy to see it yourself.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    No..The Fiery Spike from Lingering Flame does give 1 combo point and 1 stack of Heat Retention.

The ability used after..doesnt sometimes..No idea how or what triggers it..sometimes you dont get a stack of heat retention in the first ability after a finisher.

I didnt notice it with Scourge of Darkness but its very easily noticed with Blazing Strike so i am guessing it has to do with Lingering Flame as the OP mentioned.
    So, after further testing, I determined that if you do the CP building move immediately after the finisher then the HR point isn't generated, if you wait a GCD, then it is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast