+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is the best bard pvp spec please?

Rift Disciple

Default What is the best bard pvp spec please?

So I have a 50 bard and I have been playing for pvp 2 different bard specs. Basically either 51 or 44 in bard with the remaining in riftstalker. Riftstalker for survivability purposes which is great because I usually pvp in a static group and I tend to be number 1 or 2 in damage taken in WF's. It is very hard to kill me in pvp using the riftstalker. This for me is a great spec for group pvping however I lack dps especially 1 on 1.

So my real question is what is the best bard spec to do some decent damage in pvp and actually be able to kill better in 1v1. Most I can crit for is like 700 and that is from 5 combo points with coda of wratch. Sure I can Virtuoso and spam it but that doesn't always work lol. So what spec have you all been successful with in pvp as a 50 bard. Keep in mind I at least want 36 points into my bard but preferably 44 just because verse of vitality is awesome for pvping. Thanks guys!

If you're wanting to kill things 1v1 you probably shouldn't be playing a Bard heh
    We tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing, and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while at the same time producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Gosh View Post
    If you're wanting to kill things 1v1 you probably shouldn't be playing a Bard heh
    Well I will rephrase it then lol. Whatever pvp spec will give me better odds of winning a 1v1 against most classes.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dustfinder View Post
    Well I will rephrase it then lol. Whatever pvp spec will give me better odds of winning a 1v1 against most classes.
    Pyromancer

Rift Disciple

Anyone have any real comments about the topic please?

I don't think Rift would help much in 1v1. You almost need some CC. I don't think trying to tank/heal will help. I always looked at rift as a being in a group survival/escape thing.

In most 1v1 situations I really need Virt to be ready. So, I can pop it and Distress and Wrath my butt off.

Riff + Virt --- Distress, Wrath, Wrath, Wrath....

I like the suggestion I saw in another thread, instead of two cadences, I might try

Cadence + Power Cord -- Then what ever coda I need.
    Last edited by Bostish; 04-07-2011 at 08:51 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Bostish View Post
    I don't think Rift would help much in 1v1. You almost need some CC. I don't think trying to tank/heal will help. I always looked at rift as a being in a group survival/escape thing.

In most 1v1 situations I really need Virt to be ready. So, I can pop it and Distress and Wrath my butt off.

Riff + Virt --- Distress, Wrath, Wrath, Wrath....

I like the suggestion I saw in another thread, instead of two cadences, I might try

Cadence + Power Cord -- Then what ever coda I need.
    Virtuoso doesn't always get the job done with spamming. I am riftstalker for it's survivability but dps wise it sucks. Basically rift/bard are my group pvp spec because as a bard you get focus fired pretty bad in warfronts or even open world pvp.

I just want something that can do some decent dps even if the sacrfice is being squishier. I have heard ranger or nightblade might be good anyone confirm or use a spec?

Can't help you with what is the "best" spec but I can tell you a few that aren't. Now keep in mind I am not a dungeon runner so my gear is crud at 50 atm.

I ran a sab/bard pre 1.1 and had a ton of fun in PvP. Post 1.1 my sab has been nerfed to the floor. I literally die as soon as a mage sees me. I was one shot last night by Fulminate in Black Garden.

If you just want to survive in PvP and be annoying then Bard/RS is pretty good. If you have great gear then some of the melee souls seem to be effective 1v1 in many cases but overall until Warriors and Pyros are toned down (and healing) rogues really are just fodder in PvP.

I don't mean that as a rant or anything else just simple "it is what it is." When my 5 charge crits (2 of 5) with Sab I might hit 2k. Fulminates are hitting for more than double that.

+ Reply to Thread