+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is this an exploit?

Sword of Telara

Default Is this an exploit?

I play a ranger, and sometimes when it looks like the battle is going south ( 3 mobs join in) I'll cast a heal on my razorbeast and then cast "on the double" on me (70% speed increase for 10 seconds) and just run away from the mobs and call a new pet. In fact I've started making it a habit to clear an area behind me if it looks like I could get pulled into a gang.

So I'm wondering, is this throwing your pet under the bus an exploit or something they'll fix in the near future?

not an exploit

Plane Walker

Try using your pet ability razorquills (you have to click it on the pet bar) to make sure he gets agro from everybody before you run and you'll be even better off.

Plane Touched

Nah just a clever use of game mechanics, players in wow use a similiar mechanic. Good Job at finding and using it tho, you're very smart sir.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Varno View Post
    Nah just a clever use of game mechanics, players in wow use a similiar mechanic. Good Job at finding and using it tho, you're very smart sir.
    It never worked for me in WoW. I swear I've had a mob catch a boat to Stormwind ( well almost) to come swat me after killing my pet.

Plane Touched

it worked, trust me i used to do it to walk across outlands, just keep letting my pet disappear and resummon him every few yards or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymath View Post
    I play a ranger, and sometimes when it looks like the battle is going south ( 3 mobs join in) I'll cast a heal on my razorbeast and then cast "on the double" on me (70% speed increase for 10 seconds) and just run away from the mobs and call a new pet. In fact I've started making it a habit to clear an area behind me if it looks like I could get pulled into a gang.

So I'm wondering, is this throwing your pet under the bus an exploit or something they'll fix in the near future?
    Not throughing piggy under the bus, It's you loyal swine laying down his life for your imortall *****. Umm wait....

Not a exploit at all, as someone pointed out it's a smart way to play. In fact I would do the same in WoW with my hunter. So it's perfectly safe and smart way to play

I consider that an offering of bacon, and saving of mine. Working as intended.

+ Reply to Thread