+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NB / AS Build Seems to work for me

Default NB / AS Build Seems to work for me

Sup guys I posted a build yesterday that I didn't get to test much out. I played a couple hours last night and during my lunch hour today with this build. It really seems to have great dmg out put. Here's the build.

33 NB / 33 AS / 0 INF
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...oR.0AMftMbodbk

It's not God mode, I know there's better survivability builds out there. I've tried them, I liked them. However, I always am testing new ways. There's no way to see how things will work for you until you try them. I've tried many melee builds and this one seems to have great great dmg.

Ok so here's my typical attacks.

If it's 3v1 I usually start with using my great abilities Lost Hope & Incapacitate. This allows for a 1v1. Unless they burn their CC reducing abilities. I find most the time people don't have them or don't have them up.

Stealth > Expose Weakness > Jagged Strike ( 3 points ) > Dusk Strike ( 2 points ) > SoR 5 points

I usually depending on how fast he's dropping and if someone is about to help him..

No help around non caster
    Twilight Force ( 1 pt ) > Dusk to Dawn ( 4 pt ) >> Impale 5 pt > Ebon Fury > Foul Play > Dusk Strike to death w/ 5 point Final Blow ( Add Malicious Strike if they are able to move ) > Primal Strike ( if they live )

No help around Caster
    Ebon Fury > Foul Play > Dusk Strike spam w/ 5 Point Impale / Final Blow > ( if needed ) Slip Away > Smother > Malicious Strike > Primal Strike to death

Some of the nice utility that comes with this build is really nice to catch up to your target is Blinding Powder. You may have a Dot going so this may break. However, it may be just enough to catch up again reapply Malicious Strike. The other is Dark Commitment, both work well at catching fleeing targets.

This is a build I enjoy playing, it's not your typical cookie cutter. This may end up butt hurting some players, sorry for them. It seems to work for me, if I'm in the mood for melee pvp. Give it a shot, I really enjoy the DMG it can produce. Thanks!

God Trion, seriously fix the edit thing after 5 mins.

Ok you can do this if you like give you puncture as well. I may try it out tonight. Gives you 2 abilities that give a instant 2 point combo builder.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...oo.0ARftMbodbk
    Last edited by -DK-; 04-06-2011 at 01:15 PM.

I did more testing on this yesterday. I'm really beginning to like this build. It hits hard and does a lot of quick dmg. Combine it with the DOT's you do and you got a lot of dead targets. I was going up against premades last night and was able to kill the Fang carrier through healers. Not every single time. However, I had no help and they knew after the 2nd and 3rd time I killed the guy with a full group around them I was able to kill the carrier with everyone knowing it was coming.

I made a macro to help spam button mashing as well.

#show Dusk Strike
    cast dusk strike
    cast Foul play ( optional testing still )
    cast twilight force
    cast primal strike

I did some tweaking to my attacks as well. What seems to work like a charm almost every time.

Stealth > Expose Weakness > Jagged Strike ( 3 ) > Dusk Strike (2) > Scourge of Darkness
    If you don't have the macro in place for Foul Play use it now.
    Foul Play 4 second stun > Ebon Fury > Dusk Strike to 5 cp's > Impale > Dusk Strike w/ Blazing Strike

Now if they start running this is where it gets fun. I was worried about not being able to catch them with no blink. It won't matter between your Malicious Strike and Twilight Force in place you will be able to catch them. Not to mention you have 2 options if they blink. I tend to do a Dusk to Dawn the second they blink. Remember they have 2 dots going full time on them. They have 50% less heals going on them with Fell Blades so they are in a world of hurt.

While chasing down players you can use your macro so you can pop off your Twilight Force to slow and I use the Firey Spike to spam as I'm chasing. At 5 points I do a head shot. ( this is why I took ranger ) Other then that it's rare unless you run into a dedicated healer on your target that they will live.

I averaged 14 kills with 2-5 deaths with this build. Pick your targets at the back of the fight. I usuaully go for the healers and or Mages like we should. GL Hope this helps.

Shadowlander

I love the idea of this I just hate any ******* class that's mellee that DOESN'T have an interrupt.

Shadowlander

^ Ignore this.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by HatemachineX View Post
    I love the idea of this I just hate any ******* class that's mellee that DOESN'T have an interrupt.

You have plenty!

Smother
    Paralyzing Strike
    Blinding Powder
    Dark Containment
    Foul Play
    Death ;)

Another pro tip for what I call Nightshade Assassins, Twilight Shelter plus Mighty Healing Tonic = 8 second tank / distraction.

Also, Jagged, Puncture, Impale, Foul Play, Shadow walk or step away, Dusk to Dawn, Scourge, Ebon Fury, Dusk Spam = Dead. Don't care what you're going up against.

Quote Originally Posted by -DK- View Post
    Sup guys I posted a build yesterday that I didn't get to test much out. I played a couple hours last night and during my lunch hour today with this build. It really seems to have great dmg out put. Here's the build.

33 NB / 33 AS / 0 INF
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...oR.0AMftMbodbk

It's not God mode, I know there's better survivability builds out there. I've tried them, I liked them. However, I always am testing new ways. There's no way to see how things will work for you until you try them. I've tried many melee builds and this one seems to have great great dmg.

Ok so here's my typical attacks.

If it's 3v1 I usually start with using my great abilities Lost Hope & Incapacitate. This allows for a 1v1. Unless they burn their CC reducing abilities. I find most the time people don't have them or don't have them up.

Stealth > Expose Weakness > Jagged Strike ( 3 points ) > Dusk Strike ( 2 points ) > SoR 5 points

I usually depending on how fast he's dropping and if someone is about to help him..

No help around non caster
    Twilight Force ( 1 pt ) > Dusk to Dawn ( 4 pt ) >> Impale 5 pt > Ebon Fury > Foul Play > Dusk Strike to death w/ 5 point Final Blow ( Add Malicious Strike if they are able to move ) > Primal Strike ( if they live )

No help around Caster
    Ebon Fury > Foul Play > Dusk Strike spam w/ 5 Point Impale / Final Blow > ( if needed ) Slip Away > Smother > Malicious Strike > Primal Strike to death

Some of the nice utility that comes with this build is really nice to catch up to your target is Blinding Powder. You may have a Dot going so this may break. However, it may be just enough to catch up again reapply Malicious Strike. The other is Dark Commitment, both work well at catching fleeing targets.

This is a build I enjoy playing, it's not your typical cookie cutter. This may end up butt hurting some players, sorry for them. It seems to work for me, if I'm in the mood for melee pvp. Give it a shot, I really enjoy the DMG it can produce. Thanks!
    Are you enchanting your weapons with Assassins Poisons, or Nightblades Blade enchants?

If poisons, take a couple of points from nightblade and fill in your Puncture and Backstab in the Sin tree (Macro Backstab to your main attack so that it will check for the BS opportunity and use it first if available)

If Blades, remove your points from Poison Potentcy and use the points for Puncture and Backstab

If one of each then find a point from each tree to fill in Puncture and Backstab. If you jsut don;t think you need Backstab then leave it out, but I would still find a point for Puncture.

Puncture as a follow-up from your opener is a great way to achieve 5pts in two hits most of the time.

ie. Opener: Jagged Strikes, Puncture (subterfuge giving 100% to gain extra point from Jagged Strikes) = 5 points in two attacks ready for your Finisher.

Also in 2 strikes you have caused 2 bleeds to start ticking.

Great post, I'll give it a shot at WFs with slight changes when I get home =P

Quote Originally Posted by Demonne View Post
    Are you enchanting your weapons with Assassins Poisons, or Nightblades Blade enchants?

If poisons, take a couple of points from nightblade and fill in your Puncture and Backstab in the Sin tree (Macro Backstab to your main attack so that it will check for the BS opportunity and use it first if available)

If Blades, remove your points from Poison Potentcy and use the points for Puncture and Backstab

If one of each then find a point from each tree to fill in Puncture and Backstab. If you jsut don;t think you need Backstab then leave it out, but I would still find a point for Puncture.

Puncture as a follow-up from your opener is a great way to achieve 5pts in two hits most of the time.

ie. Opener: Jagged Strikes, Puncture (subterfuge giving 100% to gain extra point from Jagged Strikes) = 5 points in two attacks ready for your Finisher.

Also in 2 strikes you have caused 2 bleeds to start ticking.
    Yes, I use poisons from the Assassin & NB trees. The reason being I do a Fell Blade ( 50% reduction heals ) & Lethal Poison ( 5% crit ). I have been toying with puncture. I may end up tossing it in there. I do like the ability to have another 2 pointer to go along with Dusk Strike. Back Stab to me seems like not really my play style on this char. I get both my bleeds going as soon as humanly possible along with my SoR and I just start the beat down. That's why I stick with the 15% more poison dmg. Once I pop Ebon fury and have Imaple + Jagged Strike + Cloak & Dagger going.. ya it's pretty much GG for the guy I'm on. I'll try putting a point into Puncture tonight though on my Test Soul Slot and go between the builds and see how I like it. I'm sure I can lose 1 point some where and not miss it

Yes, I use poisons from the Assassin & NB trees. The reason being I do a Fell Blade ( 50% reduction heals ) & Lethal Poison ( 5% crit ). I have been toying with puncture. I may end up tossing it in there. I do like the ability to have another 2 pointer to go along with Dusk Strike. Back Stab to me seems like not really my play style on this char. I get both my bleeds going as soon as humanly possible along with my SoR and I just start the beat down. That's why I stick with the 15% more poison dmg. Once I pop Ebon fury and have Imaple + Jagged Strike + Cloak & Dagger going.. ya it's pretty much GG for the guy I'm on. I'll try putting a point into Puncture tonight though on my Test Soul Slot and go between the builds and see how I like it. I'm sure I can lose 1 point some where and not miss it
    Somewhere I heard that bleed is not poison damage? I might be wrong here

BTW, what's SoR?

Stealth > Expose Weakness > Jagged Strike ( 3 ) > Dusk Strike (2) > Scourge of Darkness
    If you don't have the macro in place for Foul Play use it now.
    Foul Play 4 second stun > Dark Malady (2) > Ebon Fury > Dusk Strike to 5 cp's > Impale > Dusk Strike w/ Blazing Strike
    Stealth > Expose Weakness > Jagged Strike (3) > Puncture (2) > Impale > Foul Play > Ebon Fury > Dusk Strikes to 5cp's > Finisher (another impale if health still high somehow, pocket healer, Slip away and begin anew)

Try that plz I'd like to know if that turns out a decent killer. I'm only in the 30s on my rogue so don't have access to all the functions of it.
    Last edited by Demonne; 04-07-2011 at 10:59 AM.

Right on. Don't forget about Dark Malady when out of stealth :-) it's a nice read.

Argh my previous post with the rotation is supposed to have Dark Malady in before Ebon Fury but it wont post it. It's a 2pt generator instant no CD, 50 energy but the additional dmg should be worth it.
    Last edited by Demonne; 04-07-2011 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabtangs View Post
    Somewhere I heard that bleed is not poison damage? I might be wrong here

BTW, what's SoR?
    Sorry bud, I meant scourge of darkness

Stealth > Expose Weakness > Jagged Strike (3) > Puncture (2) > Impale > Foul Play > Ebon Fury > Dusk Strikes to 5cp's > Finisher (another impale if health still high somehow, pocket healer, Slip away and begin anew)

Try that plz I'd like to know if that turns out a decent killer. I'm only in the 30s on my rogue so don't have access to all the functions of it.
    It does work, to be honest it's rare that I need to Slip Away and renew the sequence but if I do they usually got more then one healer. Even with 2 healers going though.. If you have SoD going with Ebon Fury that's like Hulk Mode and it's really hard to for someone to live. I mean you can do that with just about any combination of 2 min cool downs for burst. This just works well for me.

Right on. Don't forget about Dark Malady when out of stealth :-) it's a nice read.

Argh my previous post with the rotation is supposed to have Dark Malady in before Ebon Fury but it wont post it. It's a 2pt generator instant no CD, 50 energy but the additional dmg should be worth it.
    I would love to use Dark Malady with this combo.. Sadly it's either Malady or Jagged / Assassinate. With Malady you get a flat 20% which is sexy. With the Jagged Strike you because of talents not only get a 15% bonus to attack you take 15% less dmg too. You also get a filthy Dot going which makes life suck for your target.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast