+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Idea for a GROUP-oriented Ranger/NB Spec:

Prophet of Telara

Default Idea for a GROUP-oriented Ranger/NB Spec:

This is theoretical at the moment, as I just did the respec and haven't had time to play, but in a group setting I think that this ranger spec could turn the tides of a few battles like on the bridge at Port Scion.

The Build: 34NB/32Ranger/0Inf

The idea behind this spec is AOE debuffs, coupled with decent damage. You won't have a ton of survivability on your own since there aren't really kiting/escape skills or anything in here, but if you stick with a group you should be able to keep the enemy group at -50% healing, and also with random 4 second silences if you get the item that does that for ranged weapons from a weaponsmith.

Perhaps these random detriments could turn the tide of a battle...thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Calo View Post
    This is theoretical at the moment, as I just did the respec and haven't had time to play, but in a group setting I think that this ranger spec could turn the tides of a few battles like on the bridge at Port Scion.

The Build: 34NB/32Ranger/0Inf

The idea behind this spec is AOE debuffs, coupled with decent damage. You won't have a ton of survivability on your own since there aren't really kiting/escape skills or anything in here, but if you stick with a group you should be able to keep the enemy group at -50% healing, and also with random 4 second silences if you get the item that does that for ranged weapons from a weaponsmith.

Perhaps these random detriments could turn the tide of a battle...thoughts?
    Improved escape artist BLOWS the pvp soul's break free out of the water.

Also, you have some weird talents mixed in, with ranger, you dont want to really be in melee, etc

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...z0z.iIxMh0xMoc

Is actually what I've been running in WF's with very good success, normally in top 3-5 in damage given, top 3 in kills, and top 3 in Killing Blows.

Enough "OHSHT" buttons to tide me over, twilight shelter is so absolutely amazing.

I didn't take Rain of Arrows, because at least for my tastes, in PvP, I want to be motionless as little as possible, so sitting for an extended time for that aoe, seems like it would hurt more than help. You did say "group pvp" so you might still be able to make it work. It is my favorite skill animation/sound after all :P
    Last edited by Wheeler; 04-06-2011 at 03:53 PM.
    Wheeler
    Exiled Guild
    Roguey Extraordinaire of Sunrest

Telaran

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...udo.VhtMGogooo

Same basic concept, but you have more mobility and more burst (ranger is higher for sustained DPS but at least in my experience it can't out-burst MM).

+ Reply to Thread