+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rogue Tank Population

Plane Touched

Default Rogue Tank Population

How many rogue tanks do you run into as a main spec? I seen 1 while leveling and never again... on a pvp server tho..

Ascendant

I am one, so not many.

I've grouped with only one other, and he was a terrible, terrible player.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

Prophet of Telara

Almost none. I saw one once out in the WF's. Then I killed her.

Shield of Telara

I have a riftstalker role, but my main spec is an assassin build.

I do however switch to tank mode when doing major rifts or dungeons.

Shadowlander

I have two Riftstalker specs and an assassin off spec

Plane Touched

Is it due to all the warrior tanks and clerics having major difficulty tanking?

my main spec is riftstalker...and sometimes i wield my guitar of doom. I have to say....Rogue tanking is not for everyone. so many people just like it and think its cool but have o clue how to do it. Not to sound conceded but I am a really good riftstalker and get many compliments. I have been a tank in every game I play though so I have a lot of tank experience. I dont suggest it to anyone new in the tanking world. It can get complex and you need to know when and what to do. Deciding whether you should take a 5CP shield and have ur damage reduc drop off for 2-3 seconds or take a 3-4 CP shield to keep up other buffs...just small examples.
    Tanks...You're Welcome!!!

Fakemessiah 50 Guardian Male High Elf Rogue Tank/Guitar of Destruction - Dec 17, 2010 - Present
    Fakemessiah 85 Horde Female Goblin Warrior Single Tgt Prot/AOE Prot - Nov 24, 2004 - Apr 8, 2011
    Fakemessiah Lord Of The Rings Online - Retired
    Ehgriez Everquest Warrior Tank - Retired
    Ehgriez RuneScape - Retired
    Fakemessiah Ultima Online - Retired

Rift Chaser

Rogues can tank?

My Main spec is Bard...
    My offspec if Riftstalker.
    I have ran more dungeons as the tank than the bard if that matters.
    ~Bard~
    Greybriar Defiant
    Cliff Burton didn't die you know, God just requested bass lessons.

dont understand this whole mainspec situation. i have a bard spec, a tank spec, a pvp spec, a dps spec... i main them all as i excell at them all, i can tank all t2s and dps them as well as bard them.. i dont consider myself a tank main as it's not all i do or what i perfer, i just do it when i need to and i spent the effort to collect the gear for it.

rogue tanking sux, mechanics are broken and we are forced to tank some fights as warriors and clerics just simply cant do it. it's pure gimmicky and needs to be done away with and redone.

bards are worse... but still useful and in some cases necessary! such an interesting calling we got here...
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    dont understand this whole mainspec situation. i have a bard spec, a tank spec, a pvp spec, a dps spec...
    Main spec means your sigil of the 5 is slotted for endurance and you have a +20 toughness lense rather than dex/crit+dps lense - My main spec is riftstalker and I agree that it is a skill dependant class. One of the main benefits of a rogue tank is the absorption of elemental damage which is something that warriors can't do as well. The downside is when you tank a physical dps mob you don't mitigate the damage as well as an equivalent geared warrior but that's just the give and take. I'd say most mobs have some sort of spell damage so I prefer tanking as a rogue though the trash in DSM destroys me compared to a warrior.

As for main tanking rogues I've only seen one other but haven't been able to run with them.

-Kobold

Telaran

I usually have to tank to run experts, even the tanks in my guild don't like to run those :P
    Once they have their gear, they get out :P.
    Last edited by Grapefruit; 04-06-2011 at 02:08 PM.

Champion

I do nothing but tank

I even tank in WFs so I can catch objectives.

I have a riftstalker I'm leveling (currently at 34). Fun fun!

I also keep a bladedancer/riftstalker spec for solo work, as well as an assassin/NB spec for farming or ganking NPCs etc. I entered a few dungeons as dps, but after I ended up swapping in for poor tanks who either couldn't hold aoe threat or were simply too squishy, I decided to keep dungeoning as tank.

Also, last night I pugged expert KB on my mage and had our dps rogue swap to tank for the manticores and the last boss, since his ability to teleport/kite made the fights much easier.

On a side note...

The way I see it, the game allows for a huge degree of versatility, and there really is no "classic" dungeon group make up. I've solo healed experts, and I've three healed them. I've run with two tanks. As long as you clear the content, you did it right =)
    Last edited by Tetragrammaton; 04-06-2011 at 02:37 PM.
    The gates of Auschwitz were not opened with peace talks. Holland was not liberated by peacekeepers and fascism was not defeated with a deft pen - Rick Mercer

Been a Rogue tank for too too long.

Currently MT on Greenscale without issues.

Riftstalkers for life ♥

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast